• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Face of the Ancient and Gate of the sun god

DeletedUser29131

This might have been brought up before, but anyway...

I really want to see a change to these two buildings, or to be more exact, make sure that they are not the same!
Right now they are next to useless, they are completely worthless if one wants to get rid of them and really, what is the point of making two items that are exactly the same in anything but looks.
Let one of them be different, make coins or provide a bonus of some sort (like 1% increase of finding another relic).

I am sure that someone will claim that they provide a nice amount of happiness to the city... But realistically, the GBs are better, as are the roads.
If one looks at any given city, one only rarely finds a Face of the Ancient or a Gate of the sun god, clearly these items are not seen as worth it, and I think that is a shame.

DeletedUser26120

Please see the sticky for proposal format guidelines. I'll move this to forge hall in the meantime. Let me know if you've edited your post with proper format.

DeletedUser29390

I think maybe these are for those without great buildings, I gots me like five of each, don't do me a bit a good, but it's nice to have things in my inventory(makes me feel wealthy)

DeletedUser29055

At one point, I think around IA I had like at least 10 of them in my city. I did not have good happiness GB, military buildings (no Traz), many supply buildings (to play all level of GE), and a lot of population. They have the best happiness/square ratio if you do not have premium buildings or updated special event buildings. Especially when consistently motivated.

Now, I keep them for these quests: raise X happiness :) ...

DeletedUser

As others have stated, they are great for the quests where you have to raise your Happiness total. Keep them in your inventory and you have a ready, cheap supply of Happiness that takes literally seconds to build. Then sell.

DeletedUser37347

Why not make another prize related to these that may be called "Move to Keep". The word Keep has doubled meaning. Once the happiness bldg is built and the other prize "Move to Keep" meaning to move it to the keep (is a tower, but, inside castle walls). So this second prize like one up or renovation, it does something to a built bldg. Then it can be put in town hall. So this frees up the space and you still get benefit. Entering Town Hall you can see it as a happiness boost. Then, now these have value, real tangible value like a prize of this magnitude should have. Of course this Move to keep can only be obtained in the GE and as status prize alike to the sorts of "Face of the Ancient". And, only used on these GE prizes of the sort and not any cultural bldg, plant/fountain.