• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fair Play - NOT!

danlen

There is a player who has 2.3 mil points and constantly attacks and plunders its neighbors in Greifield. The player has not worked the time line so that it remains in the Late Middle ages. Why would a player with all the GB's and an army of rogues be playing in the late middle ages? Is this form of play tolerated by FOE?

DeletedUser8428

There is a player who has 2.3 mil points and constantly attacks and plunders its neighbors in Greifield. The player has not worked the time line so that it remains in the Late Middle ages. Why would a player with all the GB's and an army of rogues be playing in the late middle ages? Is this form of play tolerated by FOE?

Danlen, Innogames (developer of FOE) actively encourages attack/plunder and there are no rules that force a player to work their way through the research tree (staying in an age for an extended period is seems to be called 'camping'). So yes, however the player is playing is acceptable.

Algona

There;s nothing unfair in this game.

Try asking the player why they do what they do. Although if they are plundering you and the rest of thehood on a regular basis I think you have your answer.

If you think there is a rules violation report it in game to the support staff.

danlen

Danlen, Innogames (developer of FOE) actively encourages attack/plunder and there are no rules that force a player to work their way through the research tree (staying in an age for an extended period is seems to be called 'camping'). So yes, however the player is playing is acceptable.
Thank you for the response. I understand the sentiment but its the camping I do not support. What is to be gained by it other than brand yourself as a jack-ofX?

Algona

What is to be gained by it other than brand yourself as a jack-ofX?

Each Era the game becomes progressively more difficult. CMap fights are harder and more expensive to negoriare, GE is tougher, tech is more expensive.

The big payoff in this game for the last year+ is GE. The rewards are more frequent then any other aspect of the game and are comparable to or better then the best available from DCs and Events. Significant GE prizes do not scale, they are the same form Era to Era and are essential to accelerate game state advancement. However, the effect of those prizes is magnified in earlier Eras.

The fighting is easier in earlier Era GE, a full set of leveled attack GBs with Traz+Rogues makes GE a cakewalk in early Eras.

The same theory applies to DCs, the next easiest way to get good Prizes. The top DC prizes don't scale/ As is the case wiht GE, why not get those prizes sooner rather then later?

The only good reason to move up in Era is to unlock more Expansion to cram in more GBs and GE and DC prizes.

Did INNO intend this? I don't know, but camping is an inevitable consequence of INNO's additions of RQs + CF, DCs, GE, combned with Events requirong Tech and CMap progress.

----------

Camping is allowed and is a successful strategy that combines well with other succesful stratefies.

The question becomes what can one do if one does not want to camp?

Play the game the way you want.

About the onlt bad things that campers can do to you is snipe the Rewards on GBs from you and plunder you. Both problems can be mitigated, if you need help with either ask and some one will point you in the right directions.

Good luck!

DeletedUser27889

Oh, this again? =/ Algona hit most of the major points.

Camping provides a huge benefit in multiple areas of the game at the detriment of what some consider some of the fun. Others, like myself simply do not like the process of changing eras and enjoy the GB side of the game much more.

Also, I fail to see how it is not fair when the people camping have the same opportunities you do to acquire later era GBs. Not fair would imply they let your neighbor unlock them and not you, or let your neighbor trade for the goods and not you.

Volodya

A tip for you...: Some players get a rise out of plunder and especially negative feedback from their victims...don't rise to the bait. Accept it as part of the game, build your defense and don't give them the satisfaction of knowing your displeasure....Again, good luck
Don't feed the vampires of negative emotion is excellent advice; that, combined with a strong defense, is by far the best response to the plunderers.

DeletedUser32328

Thank you for the response. I understand the sentiment but its the camping I do not support. What is to be gained by it other than brand yourself as a jack-ofX?

Out of curiosity: what would you find an acceptable limit that you could support?
Should we move up in age according to some kind of time schedule? Or is it the number of points that defines when it's time to advance? Or should it be mandatory that we invest x percent of our FPs/goods/other resources in tech tree advancement?

Because I would love nothing more than to take the strategic planning out of this strategy game.

Now, if you will excuse me this LMA jack-ofX has to go pound his hood.

DeletedUser32328

Eveyone gets plundered. sooner or later it will happen. Plunder is just another aspect. of the game. You need to plunder as well. Don't feel bad about it. I get plundered on a regular basis (if I don't claim my goods and money first). This crowd knows what they are talking about. Play hard!

Exactly. We need more plunderers, not less.

Lancer

I've been camping in the modern era but my story line is in the post modern era. I do not plan to go past the contemporary era on my main world. My main reason for "camping" is for the gathering of goods that won't be as easy to get once I move on.

Mustapha00

I'm not sure that Inno "intended" for players to benefit from camping in certain Ages for, well, "Ages", but the benefit, as defined by the players who do it, is clearly there. However, as many of the Events require players to research technologies and acquire sectors, if not entire provinces, I'd say there is some evidence that Inno allows, though does not encourage, camping. Just my opinion on that portion of the OP.

Does is absolutely suck to be the target of a player against which you have really no viable defense (save, yes, for collecting on time or, as has been pointed out, building your city so as to have no plunderable structures- and yes, that actually can be done)? Yes...yes it does. All I can offer in the way of encouragement is that, with regular Neighborhood rotations resuming after the Carnival, chances are good that you'll rotate out of this individual's 'hood soon.

DeletedUser30900

All I can offer in the way of encouragement is that, with regular Neighborhood rotations resuming after the Carnival, chances are good that you'll rotate out of this individual's 'hood soon.
And go straight to another plunder :) no defense = free fp/goods

DeletedUser25171

How is camping "unfair???" Anyone can do it. It breaks no rules. Next are you going to say that building up military GBs to very high levels is "unfair" because you didn't do it and can't defend against those who did? I understand and support having some measure of parity between player eras in the neighborhoods, but what you do while IN that era and how long you choose to stay there is a matter of personal playstyle. I frequently camp, and I rarely attack or plunder. When I do, it's usually in response to having been attacked first (and on one world, I'm second in my 'hood). One of the reasons some people I know camp is that they are assigned by their guild to be the military commander for a certain Age on the GvG map, and their whole game revolves around that era.

Bottom line, though, if you don't have the patience to stay in an era long enough to get the benefits of camping, don't go whining about those who do. Defend, and move on. In the end, it's all just cartoon coins and cartoon goods in a cartoon city.

DeletedUser32232

How is camping "unfair???" Anyone can do it. It breaks no rules. Next are you going to say that building up military GBs to very high levels is "unfair" because you didn't do it and can't defend against those who did? I understand and support having some measure of parity between player eras in the neighborhoods, but what you do while IN that era and how long you choose to stay there is a matter of personal playstyle. I frequently camp, and I rarely attack or plunder. When I do, it's usually in response to having been attacked first (and on one world, I'm second in my 'hood). One of the reasons some people I know camp is that they are assigned by their guild to be the military commander for a certain Age on the GvG map, and their whole game revolves around that era.

Bottom line, though, if you don't have the patience to stay in an era long enough to get the benefits of camping, don't go whining about those who do. Defend, and move on. In the end, it's all just cartoon coins and cartoon goods in a cartoon city.
I agree with you wakener. I believe camping is necessary. Inno pressures you with the story quests to keep moving up but you have to slow to build up properly before advancing. You have to camp occasionally to be able to keep from playing the game as a lamb to the slaughter.