• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fair trade button should not be 1:2 for all ages

DeletedUser29359

The fair trade button in the market is fixed at 1:2. It seems that most fair trade guilds use the fair trade calculators and tables from websites, which have a changing ratio starting from colonial up. Since it is simple computer math, but tedious human lookup, would you please either make the fair trade button match the notion of fair trade in the community, or add a button for this, or make it a setup option?

DeletedUser24787

fair trade calculators are not a forge of empires standard it was a tool created by a player not a dev of the game

DeletedUser26812

Beelium's suggestion is sound. Most active guilds use a fair trade calculator for higher era goods where the fair trade checkbox in the marketplace is no longer functionally correct - making it irrelevant. Fair trades at higher eras are based on production and gold usage, which doesn't scale neatly into the current rudimentary 2:1, 1:1, 1:2 trade ratios.

DeletedUser8152

We need formal proposals to use a standard format, see the link in my signature for details. For now I'll move this to the discussion section for further comment.

DeletedUser26120

From my experience most guilds accept either ratios and most in mine trade at 1:2/2:1 well into CE and higher.

This so called fair trade calculator is used most when players want to benefit from trades one way only, it's garbage.

DeletedUser26154

This so called fair trade calculator is used most when players want to benefit from trades one way only, it's garbage.

I only trade what I need to trade because of that.
On Beautiful Rugnir, the only realm for me,
I see what Dursland is describing.
I've witnessed people "Buy" at fair trade...
Then "Sell" at 2:1 in their total favor.

images (20).jpg

That's why "Fair Trade" should be forever put to rest.

DeletedUser26965

From my experience most guilds accept either ratios and most in mine trade at 1:2/2:1 well into CE and higher.

The calcs use coins and supplies cost as the base to determine trade, what does 2:1, 1:2 use?

DeletedUser26120

Consistency.

Once you're past PE or ME what do you care about coins/supplies? Extremely poor excuse lol.

DeletedUser26120

Maybe in ratios that they calculate but certainly not in numbers. There's no human way to know what is to be traded from one age to other under that system. You have to check the calc every time unless you happen to have it memorized for that age/amount.

That's what I meant.

I don't think costs of unrefined goods is a great criteria either as you come across those quite easily in the ages you need them. EG: 20 CA goods from all GBs/wells daily in Modern Era.

Anyway as multiple people have stated, it's more of the fact that people abuse this so called fair trade ratio to profit from trades one way. That's the reason why adhering to 1:2, 2:1 is the actual "fair" trade system.

DeletedUser26965

Maybe in ratios that they calculate but certainly not in numbers. There's no human way to know what is to be traded from one age to other under that system. You have to check the calc every time unless you happen to have it memorized for that age/amount.

That's what I meant.

I don't think costs of unrefined goods is a great criteria either as you come across those quite easily in the ages you need them. EG: 20 CA goods from all GBs/wells daily in Modern Era.

Anyway as multiple people have stated, it's more of the fact that people abuse this so called fair trade ratio to profit from trades one way. That's the reason why adhering to 1:2, 2:1 is the actual "fair" trade system.
"There's no human way to know what is to be traded from one age to other under" ANY system, that's the problem with both the calc and 2:1. You think that somehow by keeping trades at the ratio standard is not profiting? You really believe you are not profiting when you take trades from players offering 20 of something and you give 10 of something from the next age?

DeletedUser26120

Not really no, as the lower age goods are less valuable to me at that point.

I trade the other way around all the time too, in fact I stocked up on CE goods this week by trading away my PME goods. That way I can deal with continent map easier as I'm still in PME.

DeletedUser26965

Not really no, as the lower age goods are less valuable to me at that point.

I trade the other way around all the time too, in fact I stocked up on CE goods this week by trading away my PME goods. That way I can deal with continent map easier as I'm still in PME.
Very good then, so it would seem to me we would agree that some people value some goods over other goods. In your case you value CE goods over your PME goods and are willing to trade them at a higher rate than the calculators. And the person taking your PME goods valued those more than he did his CE goods. Seems to me he got a pretty good deal as the calcs would have given him much less i.e. less "profit".

DeletedUser26120

the-big-lebowski-yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

DeletedUser13838

I really don't see any logic here. At ME and beyond, Inno prices goods at 2:1 for a 3 age difference. IMO it is absurd to think that 2:1 is fair with a 1 age difference in these ages. And once you hit AF/OF, any sense of fair trade essentially evaporates since there's barely a market for those goods.