• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Fair Trade Ratios

Vicktorea

i thought all "fair trades" were 1:2, 1:1, or 2:1 unless there was an agreement between two players.
i just heard on beta that colonial goods upward have different fair trade ratios...is this true? where can i find this information?
thanks in advance! :)

DeletedUser29726

It does depend who you talk to. Some people abide by 2:1 continuing upwards (which discourages people from making lower age goods). Others use so called "calculator" rates which are based on the coin/supply cost of the goods (which undervalues space). Somewhere in between is probably the true fair rate.

DeletedUser8428

i thought all "fair trades" were 1:2, 1:1, or 2:1 unless there was an agreement between two players.
i just heard on beta that colonial goods upward have different fair trade ratios...is this true? where can i find this information?
thanks in advance! :)

Vick - there is no such thing as 'fair' as defined in this game. There is fair that equals what you describe above, there is fair that it's whatever 2 players agree upon and some folks have incredibly convoluted algorithms to account for changes of age, cost to produce, building size and who knows what else to take into account when brokering a trade. Reality is, as long as it is permitted by the trade feature in the Market, Inno has no rule about what's fair.

That said, many guilds have decided what they believe is fair, and their guild members stick to that. Other guilds don't get involved in trade and some players don't belong to guilds and so don't follow any trading rules except their own.

Good luck!

DeletedUser36624

Vick - there is no such thing as 'fair' as defined in this game.

There is a "Fair Trade" checkbox on my "Create Offer" screen. It appears to simply be 1:1 within age, and 2:1 Lower:Higher between ages, no matter how many ages between. It has a Guild icon on it though, is this something set by the guild?

Kranyar the Mysterious

When you choose the Guild box, the marketplace only shows you trades that are available from guildmates (and that you can complete for free), if you select the check box it only shows you trades you can complete. If you choose both, you only see guild trades that you can complete.

DeletedUser

There is a "Fair Trade" checkbox on my "Create Offer" screen. It appears to simply be 1:1 within age, and 2:1 Lower:Higher between ages, no matter how many ages between. It has a Guild icon on it though, is this something set by the guild?
On the "Create Offer" screen, when you check the "Guild" box, that trade will only be visible to current members of your guild. All other trades are visible to all of your guild mates, friends and neighbors.

DeletedUser36624

That's not exactly what I mean. There is the checkbox on the right of the Create Offer screen that says "Guild Only", also with the guild shield icon. But the checkbox on the left of the screen says, "Fair Trade" and also has the guild shield icon. When that fair trade box is checked, the form automatically keeps the amounts for same age trades the same, and for different age trades, sets the quantities so that the lower age item quantity is twice the higher age item. You can't set any other ratio unless you uncheck the Fair Trade box. What I'm unsure of is why the Fair Trade box has the guild shield icon.

Edit: I should clarify that this is on mobile. Apparently, the Fair Trade checkbox doesn't exist on browser.

DeletedUser

That's not exactly what I mean. There is the checkbox on the right of the Create Offer screen that says "Guild Only", also with the guild shield icon. But the checkbox on the left of the screen says, "Fair Trade" and also has the guild shield icon. When that fair trade box is checked, the form automatically keeps the amounts for same age trades the same, and for different age trades, sets the quantities so that the lower age item quantity is twice the higher age item. You can't set any other ratio unless you uncheck the Fair Trade box. What I'm unsure of is why the Fair Trade box has the guild shield icon.

Edit: I should clarify that this is on mobile. Apparently, the Fair Trade checkbox doesn't exist on browser.
Ah, I see. I have no idea why it has the guild icon on it. I don't believe it has anything to do with the guild, as it is still there on the world where I'm not in a guild but the "Guild" button is grayed out there.

Kranyar the Mysterious

When you create a new trade and check the Guild Only box, that trade will only show up for guildmates. If you aren't in a guild, but check that box, no one will see your trade, but it will still be there.

Edit - Oh the shield icon, no clue why they did that.