• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Fair trading and trading guides

xivarmy

I do a lot of trades in three Worlds. Doing fom SAJM down only to Arctic. at present. Almost all ** I offer 500 for 1000 one era down. The most I traded in one day was 58 such trades in one world. The usual are between 6 and 30 a day, per world. I make about 17 pages of trades per World, and refresh them every few days, (usually in three days they are down to 9 pages left) Then I remove all not taken, and remaking all of them, fresh. This allows me to see better what is moving. I do not keep track of who is taking my market trades. I do not usually place them in a Guild post. I do have 140 friends, and am in very large Guilds... so that helps

I do not believe I could have as much success in lower Eras trading mainly because few I could trade with are in any of the Eras much below Future. and thus have little interest in those lower Era goods.

** the few others are 500 for 500 same era to allow Top Era players (in SAJM and SAV) to take advantage of the 500 Goods RQs And also balances out my goods left, so a win win. I usually have maybe a half page to a full page of such offers. but have had as many as two such pages of 500 to 500 same era. (beyond the 17 pages of one Era down trades.
So from my perspective your claim no one takes them is untrue, at least in the Eras I work on. SAJM down to AF
I do confess I have only been working on this kind of rtading for about six weeks now.But the trades numbers are geneally going up rather than dropping, as players know I am offering what they may want.

So players can make baseless claims to amplify their position. I offer facts of what I am actually doing trading every day.
Well then you're getting away with highway robbery imo. Good on ya :)

My personal perspective on "fair" rate, is 1:2 *3* ages gap. My basis for this is the transition of unrefined goods buildings from PE->ME where they start making twice as much goods 3 ages down.

For adjacent ages this comes out to 1.26:1.

Usually though I trade ~1.4:1, mostly down. Only way I'd ever trade up at 2:1 is if I was *desperate* for a small quantity (say to break into a new age or something).

Guild hopping you can get all sorts of weird trades in small numbers though.

I do imagine a large amount of trades these days on established servers/in high ages come from people running events where they don't even care about the ratio, just that it clears their quest in few trades :p

Ebeondi Asi

There is no highway robbery. Players take the trades because they want them. There is zero coercion.
Players are fee to give more away if they choose. If it makes you happy to do it. All good.

" you imagine" I am in SAJM and I do not claim to know the reasons player trade Goods. All I need is to have the trades available.
I can say the RQs asking for 500 are an important part of the reason I make 500 size trades. as i wrote the SAJM, SAV and SAAB have the RQs for collect 500 Goods.
Some Guild players makes hundreds of 500 to 500 trades just for the rest of the Guild to use for those Space Era RQs.

Ebeondi Asi

One other, and actually the most important point. Market trade groups only consist of your Friends, Guildies, and Neighborhood. This is a small subset of all players in a World, and means your options may be very limited by the sort of players in those groups.
That small trading space may be a good one, or a very poor one. And the variations possible are huge.

xivarmy

Because often the players in low eras lack sufficiently high treasury GBs to completely cover the siege costs.

But again in this case, they usually don't look at ratios - often offering 1 SAJM:2 Progressive or some such - because they have SAJM goods. And want Progressive. And all the steps in between can take a lot of time even if it'd "save" them goods. They also often hand out free high era goods to guildmates to try and get them to make trades too.

Ebeondi Asi

players in low eras lack sufficiently high treasury GBs to completely cover the siege costs.
this is a rant and off topic. but worth reading...
The quote is very true. For a top (large) Guild the Goods cost when doing the entire alternating map in GbG can be per player an average of 2,300 per day, every day! This is a level 80 Arc plus level 80 Obs and at least one other Treasury GB (atom or AI Core) to level 80
Few low level/newer players even guess at that. So basically the senior players are carrying he newer younger players in GbG for Goods costs.
Some Guilds make it a priority to get lower level players (as a requirement) get a Obs up at least level 70. Far too many players think they owe nothing for being in a Guild. (and complain the Guild is not doing more for them!) Even some high level players who blast away in GbG and GvG think nothing of the goods they squander. And do nothing to make sure the Guild has enough Goods at all time. Even some Guild leaders seem almost oblivous to the problem. While other shoulder the load for them.
rant over.