Fairer Competition in the PvP Tournaments

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by treidy, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Airlyn

Airlyn Active Member

Worlds:
    Yorkton
    I havent even looked at who is ranked in towers in a couple of weeks. It doesnt concern me. I understand it does others. I simply enjoy doing GvG and GE. I rarely plunder. It is usually if a quest asks for it or if Im a bit bored. So any points I have in the tower came from doing guild stuff.

Elaine Trapp likes this.
  2. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

1 Town Hall Way, Salsueroville, Odhrorvar
    Yup. Everything I get in the tower comes exclusively from GvG and GE unless it's a rare revenge PvP attack against someone who attacks me first.

Elaine Trapp and Airlyn like this.
  3. treidy

treidy New Member

The proposal is simply a way to make it more fun for beginner and seasoned player alike. The PvP Tower is simply a recognition of battles won on any given week . That's all. It is a relatively minor change that rewards peer to peer competition. You people are way in the woods about game theory and mechanics--like this is something serious. There is nothing earth shattering here. You people take yourselves way too seriously. And please save your snarky condescending lectures.

4. Airlyn

Airlyn Active Member

Worlds:
    Yorkton
    Im sorry you think people were snarky to you. If I was, I apologize.
    My point was simply points on a tower come from other aspects besides pvp.
    Some fighters like to have a lot troops. Maybe they fight in different ages on the gvg map.
    Anyone first on a tower didn’t get there by just plundering the neighbors or the continent map.
    Perhaps I’m missing the point.

5. Jools1956

Jools1956 Member

Treidy - I understand your frustration with the higher level players in the neighborhoods. I was frustrated by the same when I started. But, there are two kinds of game play at work. Those that go for the advanced buildings way above their era and the few of us who play "true to the era"/or have not been able to get those GB's yet. Neither is either right or wrong - just different strategies. (And remember that many players have multiple worlds where they try out different strategies in each). It is possible to be competitive in your PVP with only GB's from your era against the players with advanced GB's. I know, because I am. Using great advice from members of the forum, I "park/camp" in each era getting those specific GB's up to a high level before I move up. I selected the GB's that fit my strategy (personally - no Coliseum, no Notre Dame), but that depends on YOUR strategy. The true test was this week when I switched guilds and could not do GE so didn't get ANY battle points for that. I am still #2 in my PVP and by tomorrow, I will be champion of my PVP for the third week straight. Seriously, I am in no way bragging here, just want to let you know that it can totally be done. And I echo the comments from above, I really don't even check the PVP scores, but did this week just to see the comparison without any GE points. Of course, there will be weeks where there is someone who is so advanced you cannot overtake, but you can't always win everything. So, my advice is work your strategy - be sure it is not working you.........

6. Salsuero

When you have 82 total battles and ~25,000 ranking points in an established world, I don't know how you can think you are in a position to lecture anyone. That's not snarky, nor is it condescending. That's just the reality of your inexperience trying to tell others how this game is unfair and that all the experienced voices here are wrong in one way or another because they disagree with your inexperienced position. I'm sure there are experienced players who agree with you, but you really do yourself little good when you insult and brush aside the voices of "wisdom" here.

7. wolfhoundtoo

wolfhoundtoo Well-Known Member

Isn't the player you think of as a 'super' player the same age that your city is? It's not like there's usually much of a range in ages/eras anymore. However it sure seems like you want to be able to say you won without having to work for it. Anyone who's not liking this game because they can't win a tower isn't going to play much beyond iron age anyway would be my guess. Because hoods aren't really 'fair' and there are no real 'leagues' in this game either. Everyone is in the majors in FOE (with the possible exception of GE as they do sort by guild sizes).

8. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

So much for gently..OK, here's the scoop noob..you came onto a forum that has at least 1000 combined years of experience in its members and guides galore on every facet of the game and created a proposal bitching about how 'super players' were creating an uneven divide between you and medal rewards and how unfair this was in the grand scheme of the game. Seasoned vets with more battles under their belts than I will attain in my life posted real solutions, logical argument and their own experiences to help you understand the irrelevance of your proposal, and yet you return again and again in its defense and insult those trying to help you. Last word here .....there are many ways to garner support for proposals and fine tune them on these forums but whining and complaining are not on the list....

9. treidy

treidy New Member

I simply am making a proposal to making the PVP recognition more fun and fair to new and experienced players alike. For that I get personal attacks and condescending lectures from self righteous "experts" on how to play the game. Goodbye little trolls--there will be another shiny object rolling along soon that will baffle you and you can blabber about that all you want.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  10. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

No one attacked you and people tried to give you advice on how to better your game. Forgive us for that sin. Carry on. I sure hope I land in your neighborhood. Even though I don't PvP, I will gladly start :D

11. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Who are you calling little?

12. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

I really don't get all the fuss about PVP, once upon a time PVP was good for medals, these days best way to get medals is build an arc and take higher spots on gbs. Combine this with RQ, chateau your city will advance so fast, you will end up with almost non-plunderable city, tons of goods, high level gbs etc...

Yeah some barging rights, thats about it I guess.

13. wolfhoundtoo

wolfhoundtoo Well-Known Member

Bragging is what it's about for our original poster it seems........or maybe taking the 'loss' of not being 1st a bit too personally. Sure seems like he/she took everything ELSE in this thread personal. :rolleyes:

14. Salsuero

Correct, at least for me. I'm all about bragging rights. I don't even PvP to win them... just GE most of the time... and sometimes some GvG. I couldn't care less about the medals. If you wanna beat me for bragging rights, give it a shot!

15. Airlyn

Airlyn Active Member

Worlds:
    Yorkton
    Or because no one jumped up and down at her suggestion. Getting so cross with the people here was unnecessary.

16. Ognor the Hood

Ognor the Hood Active Member

Stay in 1 age for 2-3 months ... work on your military buildings and voila --- you'll find yourself winning the PvP tournament every week with ease

As far as your proposal goes ... i think its more complicated than you realize ... you would need to come up with a new proposal that detailed very specifically how hoods are set up or definitive changea to the tower tournament. The propsal you provided was quite vague on the specifics which is why, even though your idea had merit, you were met with fierce resistence. Also your attitude, while admirable, did you little favors with the forum folk.

To summarize:
    - your idea was okay but not specific enough
    - everyone with an opinion and a keyboard is a troll
    - fighting numerous trolls by trying to be the biggest troll never works

Conclusion:
    - go back to your map room and weaponize with non-troll tactics (well thought out logical and hopefully convincing arguments

And once that fails come back and continue trolling us all ... after all forums (of any kind) are populated by 97% trolls and its more fun to become one than to continue arguing with them as a non-member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  17. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

But it does serve to pass the time. ;)

18. HRH Aleena

HRH Aleena New Member

A comment along the same thread. There is a player at 1.3M who has stayed in the EMA era. He has all the fighting GBs (Zeus, Castel, etc .) and others at levels above 10. He has multiple watchfire buildings, monasteries, rogue hideouts. He wins every PvP with ~100K. My concern is that he attacks and plunders everyone and I can't defend against him. I get its a strategy to steal everyone else's goods so you don't have to have goods buildings and allows him to get goods for GBs above his level by setting. Is there a way to kick this bully off my block?
    I have some resources too but not as many and not at his levels. Glad my units don't have to be replaced but feeling like bait. I am at the HMA era. Open to ideas. Thanks

19. HRH Aleena

HRH Aleena New Member

Stealing not setting ...

20. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

If you're in HMA and he's staying in EMA, the next hood shuffle should fix your problem.

Titris Thrawns and Algona like this.