• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall 2021 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveNkind

Pond of Fall is very pretty and would replace two ugly old cultural buildings in my Iron Age towns. But eventually, I would junk it, so I decided to save my pumpkins for tomorrow. That is a classic way to get more of the daily specials you want.

LoveNkind

When you say the 'main prize' I'm assuming you're talking about the grand prize. It doesn't matter which choices you make to get them. The best you can do is try to spread out which types of ingredients you're using so that you don't run out of one and get locked on recipes.

For specials, look at the % chance for the daily special for each recipe. The one with the most % per ingredient needed for the recipe is the one you want to go with.

[EDIT] And also, I actually like this event building. I always need more renos and one-ups, so getting about 24 one-ups yearly is pretty nice. I think it's a good way to balance out less desirable bonuses by adding something unique like one-up fragments. Just because of that, it's going in my main.
Wow! You find out prizes/odds by mousing over the pictures of the items to bake! Very different options--sometimes it REALLY pays to ask a question! Thanks!

Periclez

Yes..Pond of fall special ... ugh! Got one on a low odds bake...should teach me to wait for a better special.. lol. 12 squares for 8% defender boost when 2 square ritual flames do the same at lvl 1 (well minus the happiness if that matters to you). Here's hoping for better specials going forward.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Pond of Fall as a daily special? I used to have one in my city but demolished it a while ago--not even worth saving for selling back to the Antique Dealer. From time to time you'll see it for sale off the shelf at the Antique Dealer for a few thousand trade coins--somewhere around the price of a couple of fragments of a Shrine of Knowledge. So why not wait for another day when you can get a while SoK as a daily special, even though that thing itself is no longer considered to be very sexy?
Or just switch your daily special and hope to get something more to your liking. You do know that there is no need to spend ingredients every day? Better to wait to play until there is a daily special showing that you actually want.

Expletive Deleted

So far this event seems pretty mediocre. Most of my farms and my main have caught up to the daily timer. Waiting for prizes I want that may not come up from whispers I'm hearing.

The main prize seems alright for some cities in development but not great for those at the end. I might build it and might not. It's quite large for its output. Though the production of fragments might be an interesting feature for what's to come from future event buildings. If done properly.

On the up side the quests move quickly and the event game play doesn't take a long time to get through.

DeletedUser

do you do the event?
lol, maybe you should get a free one-up fragment as a bonus

Aethelcatt VIII

Or just switch your daily special and hope to get something more to your liking. You do know that there is no need to spend ingredients every day? Better to wait to play until there is a daily special showing that you actually want.
I have been switching them every day except the first day, when the only reward I really want in this event was the daily special: the Harvest Farm/Fields set. Problem is that there is not much else on the list of daily specials that catches my fancy. When the Harvest Farm/Fields shows up, I go all out to grab it, and now I have enough copies to get myself a major attack boost if I ever find the room in my crowded city to built the set. Everything else on the list is just "meh." The September Cottage looks kind of interesting, but I'll need to upgrade it 6 times to get a 6% attack boost out of 12 squares when I have a Botanical Rotunda in the inventory that can provide the same on 9. As for the shrines and towers, I've got a number of those lying around in my inventory and just cannot make up my mind to sell them to AD yet.

I wish there were someway for me to sell or trade the apples and pumpkins in the market. :p Short of that, I'll just have to wait until the end is near and use them for something that'll bring the most profit from AD, such as an SoK.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I have been switching them every day except the first day, when the only reward I really want in this event was the daily special: the Harvest Farm/Fields set. Problem is that there is not much else on the list of daily specials that catches my fancy. When the Harvest Farm/Fields shows up, I go all out to grab it, and now I have enough copies to get myself a major attack boost if I ever find the room in my crowded city to built the set. Everything else on the list is just "meh." The September Cottage looks kind of interesting, but I'll need to upgrade it 6 times to get a 6% attack boost out of 12 squares when I have a Botanical Rotunda in the inventory that can provide the same on 9. As for the shrines and towers, I've got a number of those lying around in my inventory and just cannot make up my mind to sell them to AD yet.

I wish there were someway for me to sell or trade the apples and pumpkins in the market. :p Short of that, I'll just have to wait until the end is near and use them for something that'll bring the most profit from AD, such as an SoK.
What about the Sentinel Outpost? Best output of any building for attack def per square by far, only takes one upgrade, and is small. I can never get enough of those.

Aethelcatt VIII

What about the Sentinel Outpost? Best output of any building for attack def per square by far, only takes one upgrade, and is small. I can never get enough of those.
I still have a couple those sitting around in my inventory with no real estate to go on. But you are right--it is definitely worth it to stock up on them and the upgrade kits.

Maybe I should start removing Tactician's Towers, Watch Fires, and even Pirate's Guard Posts to fit more Sentinel Outposts in. Seems like a better use for the precious space.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I still have a couple those sitting around in my inventory with no real estate to go on. But you are right--it is definitely worth it to stock up on them and the upgrade kits.

Maybe I should start removing Tactician's Towers, Watch Fires, and even Pirate's Guard Posts to fit more Sentinel Outposts in. Seems like a better use for the precious space.
I'd agree with everything except getting rid of the Guard Posts. Those are quite good as well for regular attack. At worst, store them until you have space for them again.

Aethelcatt VIII

I'd agree with everything except getting rid of the Guard Posts. Those are quite good as well for regular attack. At worst, store them until you have space for them again.
It's basically a quantitative trade-off thing--8% defense boost for attackers vs. 1% attack boost from the two squares of space, if it comes down to that. And of course I didn't mean just to demolish them; at least they are worth selling to the antique dealer.

Sharmon the Impaler

I just did my first collection from the Crops building , the fragments are 1/30 , wow that’s only 12 1 up kits per year. Inno is gonna have to buff that mess or get a bigger garbage can.

LoveNkind

Pond of Fall other stuff ok.
I always look for event buildings that buff combat.
There are TWO main event buildings in this event and the harder one to get can give 15% attack boost if you get enuf of them. I got one the first day, and a far better set is available today. Today is a very good day to buy diamonds to get plenty of those Harvest barn things.
And remember--diamond buyers support the game. We should all be grateful to them.

FooDogDat

Insane Daily Quest in Fall Event:

Okay so 1000 Tavern Silver and 13 5m Productions is no problem, but 3 Sectors on the Campaign Map by Negotiation is nearly 300 Goods up to 4 eras higher than my own.

3 Sectors is a very big price for 2 ingredients! 2 or 3 of each, yeah, maybe, say just 2 little Chocolates? Forget It! :(

FooDogDat

I hope you do Much better next event.

The Golden Crops Fall Event Building is fine if you're BA or early IA and need the levels of population it's fine, and the other payouts a nice bonus. Otherwise it's practically a decoration, not an event building.

The Bake quickly runs out of needed Ingredients to do any of the choices so you're left waiting for days to begin again, or guess what, you need to spend big diamonds for more, for very very dubious returns.

Again, what you get from the Bake process is rarely worth spending on, nor is are the Grand Prizes, nor the Event Building of Golden Crops, not even a L9, it's a decoration for anyone outside of BA or early IA. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.