• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall 2021 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooDogDat

This is your fault. Inno didn't make you push the map that far. Guess you're done then. Not like you can buy higher age goods for FPs or anything.
Right, I should buy Expansions with Diamonds like everyone else huh? The point is that the Quests for this Event are silly for what you get in return, I don't care how far you are in the Map.

UBERhelp1

Insane Daily Quest in Fall Event:

Okay so 1000 Tavern Silver and 13 5m Productions is no problem, but 3 Sectors on the Campaign Map by Negotiation is nearly 300 Goods up to 4 eras higher than my own.

3 Sectors is a very big price for 2 ingredients! 2 or 3 of each, yeah, maybe, say just 2 little Chocolates? Forget It! :(
Nowhere in the quests does it require you to take sectors of the campaign map. There's always an alternative you can take.

Right, I should buy Expansions with Diamonds like everyone else huh? The point is that the Quests for this Event are silly for what you get in return, I don't care how far you are in the Map.
And also, yeah. Expansions are one of the best ways to spend diamonds.

Ironrooster

Nowhere in the quests does it require you to take sectors of the campaign map. There's always an alternative you can take.
I think he;s referring to a Daily Challenge as opposed to a Daily Quest.

I had a Daily Challenge that required me to do that. And during this event the Daily Challenge provides 2 Event ingredients so it's sorta like an event quest. Except it doesn't have to be completed to get the next one the next day..

jeffj2

A Daily Challenge was also presented to me in the last 2 days. There were 2 choices of Daily Challenge - choose a non-event one, or choose an event one which gave 2 event ingredients. I selected the event challenge. And like IronRooster said, it had a requirement to take 1 or 2 campaign sectors.

RazorbackPirate

A Daily Challenge was also presented to me in the last 2 days. There were 2 choices of Daily Challenge - choose a non-event one, or choose an event one which gave 2 event ingredients. I selected the event challenge. And like IronRooster said, it had a requirement to take 1 or 2 campaign sectors.
Again, your fault. You should know how to control the DC so you never get a task involving the C-Map. Don't complain about something entirely under your control.

Pericles the Lion

I recall reading a post on another thread that said the only time that you will get DC quests involving the c-Map (infiltrate, capture, etc.) is when you have provinces that have been scouted and still have sectors that have not been taken. Capture all of the open sectors that you now have and scout no more provinces (until you need to for advancement) and you should see no more DCs with C-Map requirements.

Sharmon the Impaler

I had 24 X 8 hour productions which requires at least 12 production building to complete within the 24 hours , kinda nasty thing to do during an event. when the currency is scare to start with.

Last edited:

Agent327

You can get away with 8 production buildings if you use 1 6 hour mass supply rush. They are kind of rare and not likely to be in many inventories.

Not that rare. You can get them in the AD and during this Event. 12 production buildings is the smart thing to have if you want to do challenges or Event quests.

jeffj2

Razorback - I'm not complaining, just stating that it happened, so that other people will know it can happen to them. It was easy to capture the sector. Not a big deal. Just saying that quest item happened to me as well.

Pericles - thanks for that good info. You are right, I had a province that was scouted. So the quest probably triggered off of that.

So far, I'm enjoying this event. It seems pretty easy. And the (wiki that shall not be mentioned, but is oft mentioned) is a good guide.

Johnny B. Goode

I just noticed that the Event Hub boost from this event will be an 8% reduction in construction time for 4 days. That's even more worthless than the main prize building! Unless you're a really low era player who's aging up in those 4 days, what good is it? Who uses enough regular buildings to make it worthwhile? And 8%? For a 4 hour build, that's a whopping 20 minutes. Even on a 12 hour build, it's less than an hour saved. Maybe one in a thousand players will benefit from this boost...and that's being generous.

FooDogDat

It was a Daily Quest, not in the Event Questline. The was No alternative.

UBERhelp1

It was a Daily Quest, not in the Event Questline. The was No alternative.
Ah. Daily quests will only give you the option to take sectors of a province if you have open sectors available. Take all available sectors and don't scout new provinces, and you'll never see that again.

Either way, it's not the game's fault that you push so far ahead on the map. That ultimately rests on the player's choices, and they have to deal with the consequences.

FooDogDat

No there are not always alternatives, take today's Daily Quest:
Pay 8000 Coins; spend 2500 Tavern Silver; Collect 20 Goods; Collect 1300 Supplies; Acquire 1 Sector on the Campaign Map by fighting.

There is no alternative to taking 1 sector by fighting.

UBERhelp1

No there are not always alternatives, take today's Daily Quest:
Pay 8000 Coins; spend 2500 Tavern Silver; Collect 20 Goods; Collect 1300 Supplies; Acquire 1 Sector on the Campaign Map by fighting.

There is no alternative to taking 1 sector by fighting.
I get that. However, considering you posted the original post we're talking about in the Fall 2021 Feedback thread, I assumed you were talking about the event storyline since nowhere did you mention the daily quest. As per that very reasonable assumption, event quests with campaign map options always have an alternative.

And as I said earlier, you do not get DQs with cMap stuff if you have all the sectors you have scouted taken. When pushing the cMap, it's your own fault that you went so far you can't complete the quests, not the game's.

Sharmon the Impaler

Just to reiterate on the vast improvement in currency showing up in incidents. This event would not have been played by me without this. Please continue this trend for the next event.

RazorbackPirate

1633566232990.png

I love when that happens!

So far, I've picked up 10 Harvest Farm and 3 Harvest Field kits. Not sure what I'll do with all that, but I like having options!

Status
Not open for further replies.