• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall 2021 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharmon the Impaler

The wheat field adds attack% for your attacking army, the Ochre Yard adds defense% for your attacking army. You should sell them to the AD.

Why ? Ochre fields have one of the most dense defence for attack stats in the whole game. I have 2 field kits left with no place to put them but will keep them for when I age up and get more room.

Pericles the Lion

This is my first Fall Event. Overall, I'm happy with it. I'm not going to build the main building but have been successful obtaining daily prizes that I wanted. This has probably been suggested in earlier Fall Event feedback threads (too lazy to check) but perhaps the ingredient purchase options could be expanded so that players can purchase single items in bulk at the same price as the 3x/6x of each good? For example, 3x apples for 1400 diamonds, 6x apples for 2450. Or, perhaps have the price of individual ingredients decline as purchases are made (the reverse of the price scale for buying forge points in the main game)

Lord Pest

Without diamonds I will be able to get all levels of the golden crops building. But I could not have done it without the surprise event box and choosing the 2 baking goods for the daily challenge. Just need quest 75 to get that final piece.

jeffj2

Without diamonds I will be able to get all levels of the golden crops building.
Same here. I was super diligent about daily incident collection. And diligent about picking the daily baking challenge. I will end up with an extra upgrade.
- 1 upgrade for completion
- 1 upgrade for final 20-bakes, unless ingredients don't fall in line (have 26, will collect 3 more dailies and 3 more daily-events)
- 1 for Event league (Apprentice or Pro)

And along the way, some pretty fun challenges and prizes.

Joeyjojojo

This is annoying:
fallfest.jpg
I've been stuck without one ingredient for days, that just happens to be required in all 3 recipes (I had spent down to 2 when I got to this, so did work fairly efficiently). I would like if either they adjusted the algorithm so that you never had the case with all 3 recipes requiring the same ingredient or you could swap recipes (once/day for free then for diamonds). I also had this in another world, where I had all 3 recipes requiring caramel when I was down to 1, so I picked one and spent my last caramel only to get another set of 3 all requiring caramel. I understand it's the nature of randomizing but it is frustrating and a swap recipes option would fix it.

Expletive Deleted

This is annoying:
View attachment 19197
I've been stuck without one ingredient for days, that just happens to be required in all 3 recipes (I had spent down to 2 when I got to this, so did work fairly efficiently). I would like if either they adjusted the algorithm so that you never had the case with all 3 recipes requiring the same ingredient or you could swap recipes (once/day for free then for diamonds). I also had this in another world, where I had all 3 recipes requiring caramel when I was down to 1, so I picked one and spent my last caramel only to get another set of 3 all requiring caramel. I understand it's the nature of randomizing but it is frustrating and a swap recipes option would fix it.
They tried that out the first time they ran the event. Players failed to grasp the concept, so they dropped it.

Now that the swapping of the daily prize has been brought in and the masses have embraced and understand it. I wpd really prefer a once daily opportunity to swap out the recipes offered. I think people would get it now more than before. The first fall event was several years back when this game was nowhere near as complex, which probably lead to the issues you mention agent.

Agent327

Now that the swapping of the daily prize has been brought in and the masses have embraced and understand it. I wpd really prefer a once daily opportunity to swap out the recipes offered. I think people would get it now more than before.

Like they understand the lock on buildings in the AD?

Swapping the daily prize only leads to another daily prize. Swapping ingredients led to people losing ingredients, cause it was a 2:1 swap. Support had to work overtime.

They tried it on Beta. It never made the live servers, so Inno does listen to Beta users.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...oval-of-ingredient-trader-in-fall-event.9450/

Joeyjojojo

Swapping ingredients led to people losing ingredients, cause it was a 2:1 swap
Ah, but I meant to swap out all recipes, not ingredients (also, I don't recall an ingredient swap option, but that may be because I didn't bother to use it...unless the first iteration of this event was 5 yrs ago or more).

Agent327

Ah, but I meant to swap out all recipes, not ingredients (also, I don't recall an ingredient swap option, but that may be because I didn't bother to use it...unless the first iteration of this event was 5 yrs ago or more).

Look at my previous post.

Just An Observer

Since my purpose was to get Sentinel Level 1's and Level 2 kits from this event, I count it as a success. Sometimes it is nice to be able to ignore the Big Prize when it is not so hot to focus on other goodies.

Joeyjojojo

I'm confused (not uncommon, I know). You said:
Look at my previous post.
Ok, your previous post:
Swapping ingredients led to people losing ingredients, cause it was a 2:1 swap.
My response:
...swap out all recipes, not ingredients...
Now before that you did say:
They tried that out the first time they ran the event.
but the swapping ingredients post seems to be further detail/clarification of this. So either you were unclear and both swaps were available previously, or you misstated something or there is a misunderstanding.

Johnny B. Goode

1) event box = level 1 of event bldg
Event box gives a selection kit, not a level 1 building. Completing quest 7 gives the level 1 building. Which means you should have used the event box selection kit for an upgrade. That means that if you get 5 from baking you should be set. Not that I would build the main building from this event. In most cities I sold the building and upgrades to the AD as I won them.

RazorbackPirate

Let's see if I've got this right:
1) event box = level 1 of event bldg
2) quest gives 2 uprades
3) baking gives 5 IF you can get that far
4) apprentice or above gives the final selection kit that gets gold crop to 9

with one day to go I need 6 stars to complete 5th complete baking table upgrade; I have 3 ingredients and tomorrow I'll have 6 . spent 300 diamonds to keep me apprentice and down to less than 100 diamonds

Let's see what happens INNO .... shall we ? Need pics ?

And yes.....Did as many daily challenges as feasible and quadruple checked incidents for extra ingredients
I am on track to get a level 9 Golden Crops plus an extra upgrade kit in two cities. I've purchased no ingredients, but I have completed every DC. I may have missed a few incidents.

1 Base Building - Questline
2 Upgrades - Questline
5 Upgrades - Baking Table
1 Upgrade - Apprentice League
1 Upgrade - Event Box
-------------------------
10 Levels - Level 9 Building + 1 Upgrade extra - No Diamonds Spent.

If you used the event box for a Level 1 building, you messed up. For each 10 Daily Challenges that weren't feasible, you missed an entire table.

Inno made this event easy. Any mess up is on you.

Joeyjojojo

but I have completed every DC
This is a problem. Not all DCs are reasonably completable for everyone (time/space constraints, map options that are difficult, real life existing...) and requiring ANY of the DCs to be completed to max out an event building as well as the crate from the previous event is bad, it's just time creep on a game that isn't offering better but demanding more of our time to get the same thing. This event makes it worse by being one of few or maybe the only event that gives you unusable event currency because of the recipe mechanic leaving dead ingredients on the table.

I selected the ingredient DC every day, but was not able to complete all of them every day. I also was more diligent about looking for incidents (which is another thing that is a pain). It looks like I will only be able to build a max level event building in 1/6 worlds (and that 1 will maybe get an extra though that's not guaranteed). The good thing about being unable to complete is the building isn't great so I don't mind that in most of my cities it can't be completed.

So to conclude: the bonus crate is no longer a bonus as it is required. The bonus from incidents and DCs are no longer bonus since at least some of those are required too, and for the fall event you need even more than you do for others because most likely some of the ingredients you get will be unusable due to the recipe mechanic. I'd say this event was really terrible, except that the event building was bad, so not being able to complete it doesn't matter as much--so a bad event building made a terrible event...better?

Ironrooster

Ditto to post 82 above

Will there be ingredients @ midnight. .........if so, I have a chance to continue baking and improve my current 4 point cushion keeping. Me in apprentice
I sure hope so. I need it in one of my cities to get into Apprentice so I can get a fully upgraded building.

Status
Not open for further replies.