• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT 2017

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser26965

Let's remind ardak kumerin of a wheel example

index.php

I value Wishing Well so that is the prize I want. Let us use Ardak thinking and compare the % of each successive wheel spin to opening a large basket. With each spin my % increases. With each basket I buy my % stays the same.
1/27 3.7%
1/26 3.8%
1/25 4%
1/24 4.1%
1/23 4.3%
1/22 4.5%
1/21 4.7%
1/20 5%
1/19 5.2%
1/18 5.5%
1/17 5.8%
1/16 6.2%
1/15 6.6%
1/14 7.1%
1/13 7.6%
1/12 8.3%
1/11 9%
1/10 10%
1/9 11.1%
1/8 12.5%
1/7 14.2%
1/6 16.6%
1/5 20%
1/4 25%
1/3 33.3%
1/2 50%
1/1 100%
1/27 20% (16.3% better than the wheel)
1/26 20%
1/25 20%
1/24 20%
1/23 20%
1/22 20%
1/21 20%
1/20 20%
1/19 20%
1/18 20%
1/17 20%
1/16 20%
1/15 20%
1/14 20%
1/13 20%
1/12 20%
1/11 20%
1/10 20%
1/9 20%
1/8 20%
1/7 20%
1/6 20% (3.4% better than the wheel)
1/5 20% (Equal to the wheel)
1/4 20%
1/3 20%
1/2 20%
1/1 20%

With this wheel and 27 spins I get 1 Wishing Well at 100%.

With 27 large baskets I get an average of 5 Wishing Wells.

See the Basket is clearly better right? 5 is better than 1 I'm sure of it. Or so I would think if I thought about the stop loss gap in the continuums of endless losses per the mechanic of the universe times pi.

Not really. See I'm not really making a fair comparison.

I could run out of tickets before I get the WW in the wheel. And I had to refresh a bunch of times to get WW to come up in the first place.

Statistically speaking it's possible to not get a WW with 27 baskets.

In both cases I need to buy more to increase my chances overall at getting either.

They are effectively equal events overall in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Now let us compare prizes. One Wheel @27 prizes and 27 Baskets @27 prizes.

With the one wheel above I get:

1 Wishing Well 3.7%
2 Victory Tower 7.4%
4 Event Buildings 14.8%
4 Military Drummers 14.8%
4 Champs 14.8%
4 Schools 14.8%
8 fpx5 29.6%

With 27 Baskets I get on average:

5 Wishing Well 20%
1 Renovation Kit 5%
2-3 Victory Tower 10%
2-3 Store Building 10%
2-3 Boost Crate 10%
2-3 One Up Kit 10%
2-3 5 Blueprints 10 %
2-3 2 Observatory Blueprints 10%
4 20 Forge Points 15%

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

The past 2.5 pages of respectful debate about the fall event mechanics shows why FoE forums win the internet. I'm glad to be in a place where most people can be so level headed and considerate of one and other. Props SJS and ardak.

DeletedUser26965

The past 2.5 pages of respectful debate about the fall event mechanics shows why FoE forums win the internet. I'm glad to be in a place where most people can be so level headed and considerate of one and other. Props SJS and ardak.
I think ardak kumerin used every SJS meme in the bag to try to sway me but my Chi is strong and I resisted all attempts, even the mighty Force!

Algona

asking for your feedback concerning the Fall Event.

In the Binary world of suck / doesn't suck, this Event sucked.

----------

INNO, the Quest lines were great. Wide variety, alternate costs. You done good. Finished in HMA world in 36 hours, Contemp took 48 hours.

Apple quantities were fine, plenty of Apples to harvest even after finishing the Quest Lines. INNO, ya done good again here.

The trees were easier to find then last year, nice improvement.

I liked the rotation of Daily Prizes, only a few were truly awful. Especially liked the HoF being up for grabs and 2 shots at RG and THREE(!) shots at SoK. Excellent!

But...

It all came down to the prize distribution system: Awful. Massive steaming pile of bull dooky awful. Brother-in-law moving in with you awful.

Dumb luck with no mitigating factors that players can use to their advantage? Multiple undesirable prizes in both chests? The two combine to guarantee that there would be dissatisfied players, such as yours truly.

I dig that INNO needs to control the distribution of top notch prizes. I don't like being on the wheel of fate in the day to day play of FoE, but it is an integral part of any successful game. But in a Seasonal Event? A time to celebrate the game? Giving players no opportunity whatsoever to improve the odds of getting good prizes? Instead of exciting, this Event became another part of the daily grind, another turn on the wheel of fate.

Up to now, the Seasonal Events have been a chance to break free of that random factor that causes so much grief. To extend that grief to the Seasonal Event was quite the mistake.

Please, INNO. Put something into the prize distribution of future Seasonal Events that savvy players can use to increase their chances. It makes all the difference in the binary world.

Will the next Seasonal Event suck or not? It's up to you INNO.

Freshmeboy

The Fall event was a flounder for sure..I watched with interest the debate between SJS and Ardak and one thing that was missing from the Fall event was strategy and a set building that could reap huge rewards...watching the wheel to see if players would refresh or spin and raise your odds for elephant gates or towers. Multiple good prizes on a wheel that could change by the minute or the hour...Sok's appearing on average three times per cycle...spinning the wheel itself was a strategy. The same amount of diamonds purchased you 20 tickets versus 1070 apples...that's 13 small and one large basket versus 20 spins...And there were free tickets! I purchased 40 tickets and managed 41 added fps to my city in perpetuity...No way the Fall event could approach that number.

DeletedUser26154

I bought one of those 750 Diamond Cider Mill Upgrades.

a168e41d81274be7a20461c322cd74bc.png

Just so I could put my Cider Mill back into inventory and save it for later.

DeletedUser26965

There were no built-in stop-loss mechanics to prevent the Bottomless Pit of Unrecoverable Loss.
And your gibberish continues. Had you spent months preparing for this event like you did the Summer Event and spent hundreds of dollars on this event like you did the Summer Event you would have gotten a lot more "good" stuff and your prizes would have included not only the event buildings and their upgrades but;

Renovation Kits
Victory Towers
Store Buildings
Boost Crates
One Up Kits
Blueprints
Observatory Blueprints
Forge Points
Wishing Well
Shrine of Knowledge
Caravansary
Medium Medal Package
Champion's Retreat
Color Guard Camp
20% Attacker Boost
Hall of Fame
Rogue Hideout
Shrine of Awe
Bazaar
Shrine of Inspiration
Drummer School

Now perhaps it is that you have outspent what this game has to offer and perhaps it's more likely anything that now comes will not appeal to you but that's just you. Of course to you this event was a "Bottomless Pit of Unrecoverable Loss" because for you there's nothing to be gained since you've already bought everything you need.

So it seems to me what you're looking for is that next big thing that will alter your game significantly, like the Palace sets did for you or the Cherry Garden set did for others. Since that's the measure now by which you evaluate events then all you're doing is the opposite of what you used to do which was uncritical praise of events even before they began and now events will be "Bottomless Pits of Unrecoverable Losses", well, yeah, you already got what you want to the extreme, well most players don't and really could use rational evaluation of each event on its own merits depending on each players position in the game. Not merely from one players perspective who "has it all".

DeletedUser26154

If I've won then your position would have changed but it is exactly as it began.

Our overall positions are the same.
We both like the Event, and enjoy the Noah's Ark Variety of prizes we've won for free.
I like to have Big Win Bonanzas during Events, and I prefer contests with cut-and-dried win-lose boundaries.
My Bugaboo-button-pressing catchphrase... that just rolls off the tongue...

"Bottomless Pits of Unrecoverable Losses"

Is a colorful way of expressing my idea.

Palace sets did for you

1,000% Correct on that.

download.jpg

I've become a Set Junkie and am Hopelessly Hooked on those Redundant, Stacking Bonuses.

players ... really could use rational evaluation of each event on its own merits depending

And there is no one better than you, when it comes to getting the hard, cold facts on the table.
The times I've needed solid documentation, I've come to you.

download (4).jpg

Because you deliver.

DeletedUser31700

They offered me a diamond sale yesterday, the princely bonus or whatever it is they call it. I got the usual special offer up today, you know the army pack, research pack, building pack. They've been pushing that one on me like crazy over the last week or so. I so do NOT need it, about 60 unattached units of the normal types, 20+ champs, a few hundred goods, and I have no use for the premium buildings (doing recurring quests, so spice merchant useless, Hagia/Traz/FoD makes the culture building and deco useless, and I sold a Manor I'd won in the GE.)
I keep trying to take advantage as I am new to this but it keeps taking me to the selection area for bonus but freezes and does not let me finish. Is this normal?