• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT 2017

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser27889

I'm pretty amazed by the amount of apples I've been collecting. I wrongly believed I was mostly out of the game when I finished the quests but I've gotten over 100 apples in the last 3 days just from collection and planting trees.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty amazed by the amount of apples I've been collecting. I wrongly believed I was mostly out of the game when I finished the quests but I've gotten over 100 apples in the last 3 days just from collection and planting trees.
Which will open one small basket. :D

DeletedUser27889

Which will open one small basket. :D
True, but I'll possibly be able to open 3 more large baskets by the time SoKs roll around from spending down to 60 on HoF day. So it is nice to not be out of the game... Though I haven't hit the prize I've been going for once on either world I play in so I don't know why I think it'll be any different lol.

DeletedUser30312

I'm saving up for the next SoK day on my main, and I'm going to go for the WWs on one or two alts tomorrow.

DeletedUser13838

I wonder whether it's worth going after cider mill upgrades vs soks.

DeletedUser26120

I wonder whether it's worth going after cider mill upgrades vs soks.
Final upgrade is 15 spaces for 3 fps. SoKs need 12 spaces to produce that many. So it's not quite as efficient but better than some other buildings.

I'd go for the SoKs as you need 3 upgrades for the mill and that's a lot of chests to open if you didn't get any otherwise.

DeletedUser

Final upgrade is 15 spaces for 3 fps. SoKs need 12 spaces to produce that many. So it's not quite as efficient but better than some other buildings.

I'd go for the SoKs as you need 3 upgrades for the mill and that's a lot of chests to open if you didn't get any otherwise.
On the other hand, the upgraded Cider Mill gives you flexibility with the option to go for goods or even Guild Power Points if you choose.

DeletedUser26965

Did a Wishing Well run today.
  • Got 40 out of 211 tries at the big basket (not including the first day, just what I did this day)
  • Average 18.95%
  • Best was 4 out of 9 44%
  • Worse was 1 out of 12 8%
  • Overall this event is either on par or somewhat better than my WW gains from the Summer and Spring events

Wishing_Well.png

DeletedUser29060

Update on my odds. I've gotten 2 daily specials out of the 28 big baskets I've opened between my two worlds. Hopefully my luck improves on the last SoK day to bring up my luck closer to the expected 20%...

DeletedUser13838

When you include roads the efficiency is 3/16.5 for the cider mill and 1/5 for the sok so sure soks are a bit more efficient. SoKs have more coins but require a motivation. I have 2 additional cider mills (already upgraded 1) so need 6 upgrades. I should get another 2 from the apple prizes so I'd need 1 to get the full upgrade. And then another 3 to upgrade another. I may just try to get the final upgrade then use the rest on soks.

DeletedUser26154

10 Big chests

10 big chests.png

I only count 6.

So far, it's like Noah's Arc.
2 SoKs
2 Reno Kits
2 OF Bazaars
2 Cider Mills

I did not spend money on this event.
Instead, Inno found me spending my diamonds on 3 expansions and 4 Premium Supply buildings.
So for a free giveaway, it is worth it.
As a money-maker event, it didn't do well.

dawkins mentions.png

Inno should encourage the players to spend during sales.

DeletedUser26154

You have your way of busting up algorithms and I have mine.

I don't bust them up, I become their best friend.

So far I only see 4 of the 8 worlds being beneficial and 3 of the 4 will be going into a new age BEFORE obtaining the SoKs.

I pushed myself for a full week, into Ocean Future, before I collected prizes.
Smart, savvy players plan ahead for such things.

So far I only see 4 of the 8 worlds

I'm not downplaying your points, and I adjust my play style to the events.
I do not expect the events to adjust to my play style.
As soon as one event is over, I begin planning ahead for the next.
The quests are always the same, like the A.I.-controlled troops.

definition-of-lazinnes_o_251009.png

I know what's coming, so I know what to expect.

DeletedUser26120

Got the needed upgrade kit in 3 tries, will get the rest of ones I need from bonuses.

Have 24 chests to open tomorrow for SoKs, maybe 25 if I get enough apples before then.

DeletedUser29623

In my secondary world, where I have three small mills, I got three upgrades in three tries, so I can't complain. I'm going to try for more small mills in my main world because they're such great production buildings and I already have a bunch of special buildings that can make FP and goods and I'm running out of space.

My experience of this event is that I only ever had good luck with the special of the day, and the best of this was when the special was a reno kit because there was an additional 10% chance each of winning another reno kit or a one-up. I badly need these because of all my special buildings. My city is a jumble of weird stuff like bazaars, elephant fountains, rosarium, reindeer paddock, cider mills--kind of like Epcot Center, but it works for me.

DeletedUser8891

Have they put a max on the number of apples you can by motivating/polishing cities a day?

I have been doing all my polishing at the same time. Yesterday I did not get any apples in the last 40 motivations and today I did not any in the last 50 motivations. When I was still getting them, I would rarely go 10 motivations without getting an apple.

DeletedUser26965

Have they put a max on the number of apples you can by motivating/polishing cities a day?

I have been doing all my polishing at the same time. Yesterday I did not get any apples in the last 40 motivations and today I did not any in the last 50 motivations. When I was still getting them, I would rarely go 10 motivations without getting an apple.
Yep, it's in the announcement.

DeletedUser28670

You can get (from memory) 48 apples from polivating.
Therefore the maximum amount of apple shares you can get is 48 apples and 48 apple trees.