• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Salsuero

I haven't gotten an ingredient from DC yet, but I did pick the chest with the ingredient I'm most in need of.:) I like the way they just shaved a few % off the other prizes.

Yeah. Well, the 30 FP DC... which is normally a GUARANTEED 30 FPs... gave me 1 Apple yesterday. And it wasn't just a few % shaved off. It was 20% if I remember correctly. That's terrible and a complete waste of the effort to complete that DC.

EDIT:
Today's DC was supposed to be 30 FP - 100% - no other choices. And what do I get ?

A freakin' caramel...

I wouldn't have minded, if it had been listed as one of the possibilities, but it wasn't.
If I'd known the DC was going to be a Bait & Switch I would have opted for the other quest, which wasn't as attractive to me.

The chest you selected was most likely listed as 20% chance caramel, 80% chance 30 FPs.

It was listed. Problem for me was that both my options had a 20% ingredient chance. The 30 FPs was the more attractive option at 80% chance... and I still got burned.

DeletedUser36020

The chance of the "special" prize is too low this time around.
I don't know what's going on with that. My diamond farm got like 3 soks out of the 5 things I pulled that day, but my main account that I actually wanted soks on got none, out of at least 12 tries that day. I am now up to 48 stars on that account without a single daily prize. Guess I'm not getting a cider mill.

RazorbackPirate

Yeah. Well, the 30 FP DC... which is normally a GUARANTEED 30 FPs... gave me 1 Apple yesterday. And it wasn't just a few % shaved off. It was 20% if I remember correctly. That's terrible and a complete waste of the effort to complete that DC.

It was listed. Problem for me was that both my options had a 20% ingredient chance. The 30 FPs was the more attractive option at 80% chance... and I still got burned.
I picked the same chest today. I ended up with the FPs. I wanted the freakin' caramel!;)

DeletedUser4441

Mill of Fall lvl 1 is reward from Quest 7, and is on the 15 Star "Grand Prize" list at 9 & 21

Cider Mill lvl 1 and Cider Mill upgrades are on the Daily Prize list several times.

DeletedUser26120

Not accustomed to this parallel questline thing. Makes planning ahead tough. I collected a few 24h productions 5 minutes before getting "finish all production options once" quest.

With this format I can't tell which ones are coming up right after but overall it's an enjoyable event. :)

Really like the recipes format - reminds me of Grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

Extremely dislike this parallel questline thing. Makes planning ahead so tough. I collected a few 24h productions 5 minutes before getting "finish all production options once" quest.

With this format I can't tell which ones are coming up right after.
First world problems...

IngeJones

You're guaranteed to get a fully upgraded Mill of Fall just by completing the quests. Which "special" prize are you referring to?

Don't get mixed up between Special Prize and Grand Prize. The grand prize is what you get by filling the table, the special prize is the prize of the day, which each recipe gives you a percentage chance of winning.

Also I think the chance of getting an ingredient from a city incident is too low. I used to like the apple trees because you got at least *some* apples from every tree you picked. I have only had one ingredient from my umpteen incidents since the event began.

RazorbackPirate

Don't get mixed up between Special Prize and Grand Prize. The grand prize is what you get by filling the table, the special prize is the prize of the day, which each recipe gives you a percentage chance of winning.

Also I think the chance of getting an ingredient from a city incident is too low. I used to like the apple trees because you got at least *some* apples from every tree you picked. I have only had one ingredient from my umpteen incidents since the event began.
Ah, you mean the Daily Special.

Each ingredient is worth 5%-7% depending on the recipe. There's no real advantage of 3 vs. 1 ingredient recipes. Snickerdoodles, a 1 ingredient recipe, has the best chance at 7%. In some 2 ingredient recipes each ingredient has a 6% chance (12%), and in some 3 ingredient recipes, they're worth 5.3% each (16%).

The recipes have the same % chances of winning the Daily Special as the players did from the Soccer Event. I like that it's clear. Each ingredient is worth 1 star toward the Grand Prize and roughly a 5% chance of winning the Daily Special. Plus, we're certain to get a fully upgraded Event Prize.

I've been selecting recipes with the highest % that keeps my ingredients most in balance. O got one SoK in each city day one, and one Cider Mill in each city yesterday. I've used 42 stars in one city, 25 stars in the other. I always seem to have better luck with events in my W world. R, not so much.

Kesto11

58 ingredients spent, not a single daily special won. No fragments won. I did win a handful of FPs, which is okay. Went for highest % per ingredient as much as possible. At least I will get the fully upgraded Mill at the end and not be tempted to get another one because it costs roughly 50 trillion diamonds for another level 7. I honestly do like being able to pass on certain events that have terrible percentages. That way I stockpile more diamonds for better ones.

Odds of winning are too low. Too many quests. 20 quests with 3 ingredients is far better than 60 quests for 1 ingredient, for example. 75 quests is a chore. I already completed 40 in a few days, spent those for a grand total of zero daily specials, and now I need to complete another 35 quests to make this event worthwhile.

After spending the first 40 ingredients with no wins, I started laughing more each time. I guess that's what I get for spending far too much time on this game the past few days. Time to go rejoin humanity.

IngeJones

I think my biggest disappointment with this one is not having the special apple trees (or similar). The chances of even actually getting the ingredients are too small even if the actual value works out the same, there was some pleasure in clicking on a tree knowing you were definitely going to get *something* from it.

DeletedUser32307

58 ingredients spent, not a single daily special won. No fragments won. I did win a handful of FPs, which is okay. Went for highest % per ingredient as much as possible. At least I will get the fully upgraded Mill at the end and not be tempted to get another one because it costs roughly 50 trillion diamonds for another level 7. I honestly do like being able to pass on certain events that have terrible percentages. That way I stockpile more diamonds for better ones.

Odds of winning are too low. Too many quests. 20 quests with 3 ingredients is far better than 60 quests for 1 ingredient, for example. 75 quests is a chore. I already completed 40 in a few days, spent those for a grand total of zero daily specials, and now I need to complete another 35 quests to make this event worthwhile.

After spending the first 40 ingredients with no wins, I started laughing more each time. I guess that's what I get for spending far too much time on this game the past few days. Time to go rejoin humanity.

My strategy is go for the ingredients you have the most for and go for the ones expecting the best worst possible prize possible and if you get the daily special it's all gravy. Although there are 5 currencies, in a way you have to treat them like you only have one because although you have 3 star recipes, you have to spend 3 ingredients for that right for a higher chance. I won 3 cider mills by not picking the 3 star recipes unless it was mandatory. Some of it is attributed to luck but I only spent 15 ingredients to get them.

Kesto11

My strategy is go for the ingredients you have the most for and go for the ones expecting the best worst possible prize possible and if you get the daily special it's all gravy. Although there are 5 currencies, in a way you have to treat them like you only have one because although you have 3 star recipes, you have to spend 3 ingredients for that right for a higher chance. I won 3 cider mills by not picking the 3 star recipes unless it was mandatory. Some of it is attributed to luck but I only spent 15 ingredients to get them.

I rarely went for the 3 ingredient recipes in favor of mostly the 6% and 7% single ingredient recipes to maximize the percentages for the Daily Special. Even with only a 5% chance per ingredient, the odds of not winning a daily special after 58 ingredients are 1:20 or 5%. I always take the time to figure out the best plan for maximizing Daily Specials, just didn't pan out so far.

DeletedUser35195

I’ve completed 47 quests, and for a while now I’ve only seen one at a time offered, not two at a time as it had been. Is this normal? I thought it would be 2 at a time until you completed all the main quests and we’re into the daily quests.

DeletedUser32389

I’ve completed 47 quests, and for a while now I’ve only seen one at a time offered, not two at a time as it had been. Is this normal? I thought it would be 2 at a time until you completed all the main quests and we’re into the daily quests.
I think you finished one line ahead of the other, if that makes sense. I'm all the way to the dailies and my last regular quest or two came as singles.

Salsuero

I've complete 17 so far and I'm right in the middle of two at a time.