• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser30900

Mine came in and asked for a pay cut ......... i do nothing to begin with nor does he ....... so i need help trying to figure out the logic or illogic

Anyone ? I only get incidental ingredients ..... no time for DC or DQ .... maybe D airy Q ueen hmmmmm

hahaha the forum needs me to spellcheck illogic ARE YOU BUCKING KIDDING ME ???????
You proved that you are struggling finishing the quests:)

DeletedUser36427

I've been playing for a little over a year and have participated in all of the events. This current event leaves a lot to be desired. I have heard a few other players don't care for it either and think it's cheesy (no pun intended). The other events have had some creativity where this one doesn't.

RazorbackPirate

I've been playing for a little over a year and have participated in all of the events. This current event leaves a lot to be desired. I have heard a few other players don't care for it either and think it's cheesy (no pun intended). The other events have had some creativity where this one doesn't.
Please elaborate. How exactly has this Event failed your expectations? What would you change and why? How would you make it less cheesy and more creative? Do you even have anything specific or did you just 'hear' other players didn't care for it and decided to jump on that train?

DeletedUser36427

Please elaborate. How exactly has this Event failed your expectations? What would you change and why? How would you make it less cheesy and more creative? Do you even have anything specific or did you just 'hear' other players didn't care for it and decided to jump on that train?
The ingredients shouldn't be included in the daily quest. I enjoy the daily quests but when I have been going after a specific building and then get an ingredient it gets annoying. The theme is not something that I am particularly interested in. The themes for events before went hand in hand with the time that they were presented and not everyone is a baker.

DeletedUser29623

The ingredients shouldn't be included in the daily quest. I enjoy the daily quests but when I have been going after a specific building and then get an ingredient it gets annoying. The theme is not something that I am particularly interested in. The themes for events before went hand in hand with the time that they were presented and not everyone is a baker.
Not everyone is a sports fan, either, but there’s a sport-themed event seemingly every year. I don’t really care about the baking theme either, but it makes for a change.

I liked the Sunken Treasure so much hardly any follow up could compare, but this event is fine. I have one fully leveled mill and the chance to get one-up kits for my STs, plus I have bumped my cider mills to the max, all without spending diamonds, so I’m happy.

KeithOfTheForge

I really hate the "game within the game" of trying to keep your ingredients levels even. I liked the previous events where, if you liked something, you could just click on it to try to get it. Now, I sometimes have to pass on things I'd like to try to get so I don't end up with ingredients counts of 1-0-2-11-0.

AceGoober

And yet again moving the goal post baloney. Was up to Apprentice then within a day I'm down to Trainee. Innogames can forget me spending any real money in FoE because of this hogwash.

RazorbackPirate

And yet again moving the goal post baloney. Was up to Apprentice then within a day I'm down to Trainee. Innogames can forget me spending any real money in FoE because of this hogwash.
What part of the top 1%, 5%, and 50% don't you get? As more people spend more ingredients to win more prizes, the numbers to make it to the higher leagues will change. Right up to the last second of the Event. The only way those numbers won't change is if everyone on your world stops baking and bakes nothing else for the rest of the event. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

It's not that hard to understand dude.

DeletedUser29623

By this logic, if one horse pulls ahead of another horse during a race, it automatically wins, no matter whether the second horse later overtakes it or where either one finishes. Some people really are mathematically illiterate.

DeletedUser30900

I mean.... somebody has to be mathless so the rest of us can win higher tier rewards more easily. If you guys didn’t reply I might just told him that Inno cheated and stop trying to compete for the league:p

DeletedUser35753

The goal posts aren't moving, others are just passing you. It's a ranking table, the number of stars noted is just there to give you an idea of what score you'd need to reach and maintain the position you want. As others score more stars of course you need to keep scoring to maintain or increase your position.

Jase249

By this logic, if one horse pulls ahead of another horse during a race, it automatically wins, no matter whether the second horse later overtakes it or where either one finishes. Americans really are mathematically illiterate.

Not to nitpick, but the ridiculous post #157 doesn't even show that he's mathematically illiterate. It just shows that he doesn't understand the event structure. He may be excellent at math; he just doesn't understand that the event rankings are percentage-based. It's not quite Hanlon's Razor, but it's close.

Also, to state "Americans are mathematically illiterate" based solely on an ignorant comment from one person that contained no actual math is at the very least an association fallacy. If you wanted to make that argument you would need to show a sufficient sample from Americans' mathematical aptitude tests being scaled against acceptable standards, as well as codifying what level of poor achievement is necessary to reach "illiterate" status. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that AceGoober not understanding how a pretty straightforward event in a web browser game is structured doesn't rise to that level.

RazorbackPirate

Not to nitpick, but the ridiculous post #157 doesn't even show that he's mathematically illiterate. It just shows that he doesn't understand the event structure. He may be excellent at math; he just doesn't understand that the event rankings are percentage-based. It's not quite Hanlon's Razor, but it's close.

Also, to state "Americans are mathematically illiterate" based solely on an ignorant comment from one person that contained no actual math is at the very least an association fallacy. If you wanted to make that argument you would need to show a sufficient sample from Americans' mathematical aptitude tests being scaled against acceptable standards, as well as codifying what level of poor achievement is necessary to reach "illiterate" status. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that AceGoober not understanding how a pretty straightforward event in a web browser game is structured doesn't rise to that level.
It's Occam's Razor. Never heard of your Hanlon guy. Not sure the quality of American Education and/or the math literacy of the average American is a hill you want to fight for, much less die on.

The latest ranking of top countries in math, reading, and science is out — and the US didn't crack the top 10

In math, the US doesn't even crack the top half. Thanks for the patriotism and rising to our defense, but American education ain't all it's cracked up to be. Almost every study in the last 20 years shows us losing ground internationally and it doesn't appear that trend will be reversing anytime soon. The fist stage of recovery is to first admit you have a problem. When it comes to American education, "Houston, we have a problem."

Jase249

It's Occam's Razor. Never heard of your Hanlon guy. Not sure the quality of American Education and/or the math literacy of the average American is a hill you want to fight for, much less die on.

The latest ranking of top countries in math, reading, and science is out — and the US didn't crack the top 10

In math, the US doesn't even crack the top half. Thanks for the patriotism and rising to our defense, but American education ain't all it's cracked up to be. Almost every study in the last 20 years shows us losing ground internationally and it doesn't appear that trend will be reversing anytime soon. The fist stage of recovery is to first admit you have a problem. When it comes to American education, "Houston, we have a problem."

Hanlon's Razor is a derivative of Occam's Razor (Graviton already gave it above). I'm a motorcycle mechanic by trade and frequently have to work on things people have "repaired" themselves, so I have it taped to the inside of my toolbox. As I stated, it doesn't perfectly fit since AceGoober wasn't quite to the level of malice in his statement, but it is fairly close in that he made a, shall we say, defiant statement toward someone else on the basis of his own lack of comprehension.

Also I'm not denying at all that American education is in the junker. That's why I said:

I'm not saying it can't be done

It certainly can. The link you provided is just one of many. I was just pointing out the fallacy of making the assertion with only AceGoober's comment as justification. Now, if LauraMiller had attached your link (or one of the many, many others) that would be a whole different ball of wax. But even then you would have to narrow the statement to the "median/mean American" or "Americans as an aggregate". This thread is supposed to be about the Fall Event so it's probably not the venue to proceed down this rabbit hole, but in a setting more conducive to the conversation you'd find few people more critical of the current state of American education than me.

DeletedUser32389

I know we're venturing off topic, but I'm going to say it anyway. I worked for the dregs of the DOE in Hawaii, which at the time was "competing" with New Mexico for 50th in the nation in standardized test scores. Your government has more than enough money to educate your children, they don't want to. Please hear me when I say IT'S UP TO YOU TO EDUCATE YOUR KIDS!! The public school system in this country will not do it for you, and they are not to be trusted. We need to stop sending our children to kill brown people overseas, and start educating them instead.
Rant over. Soapbox out. (no need to explain Mods, I know)

Jase249

I know we're venturing off topic, but I'm going to say it anyway. I worked for the dregs of the DOE in Hawaii, which at the time was "competing" with New Mexico for 50th in the nation in standardized test scores. Your government has more than enough money to educate your children, they don't want to. Please hear me when I say IT'S UP TO YOU TO EDUCATE YOUR KIDS!! The public school system in this country will not do it for you, and they are not to be trusted. We need to stop sending our children to kill brown people overseas, and start educating them instead.
Rant over. Soapbox out. (no need to explain Mods, I know)

I would add "your feelings don't matter" to your rant. 2+2 does not equal 5, no matter how much you feel it does. Kids need to be told "The answer is incorrect. Now go take your self-esteem to your room with you and study." We've turned our schools (all the way up to universities) into daycare. People graduating with four-year degrees in nonsense with $100,000 in debt and living out of mommy's basement while they demand the taxpayers foot the bill for their ridiculous decision to incur said debt while simultaneously attacking the very people they're demanding money from, all the while exhibiting the emotional immaturity they should have grown out of in the aforementioned day care when they were 3. We've created a whole generation of professional toddlers.

OK now my rant is over.

RazorbackPirate

I've been reluctant to build the Mill of Fall in either of my cities. I prefer the stats on the Colorful Mill, but I'm not big on the color scheme. I'm afraid if I go with the Colorful Mill, It will end up in inventory, because I don't like it in my city. Especially with the animation, the Colorful Mill screams "Look at me!"

On the other hand, I like the green of the Sunflower Mill. To me, it's much more visually appealing. Problem is, I don't really need the extra goods, and the extra medals will only be useful for a short while. I'm afraid it will end up in inventory because of it's limited value.

Now that City Planner has released the new Event buildings and I can see them in my City, I'm torn. I've yet to see anything other than the Colorful Mill in other people's cites, so it's even hard to compare.

So, Colorful or Sunflower? Thoughts people?