• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2018 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26120

I found better success in going for recipes that both provided the best overall chances at getting a decent reward, and that used ingredients I had most of vs going for highest daily %.

The chances are so low to begin with and I hit the daily a decent amount on those sub-10 percentage recipes so I just played that way - played for best overall prize (usually fps) and to optimize ingredient usage.

Since it's easy to get the mill I didn't prioritize stars - in fact using only 1 ingredient was very desirable for me, especially if it was to get fps. Or troops - since that's helpful on my push through storyline quests atm.

Speaking of quests I am starting to warm up to this two-at-a-time format now that I've gotten the hang of it because it's possible to get stuff like this:

UbN6pIx.jpg

DeletedUser32328

15% is the highest on this event, whereas in the football event there was always a 20% kick in any lineup.

Actually, 16% is the highest now (2 out of the 5 3-ingredient recipes)
In the football event, there was one Gold player with 20% chance. Who of course was not always on the field.
But that doesn't matter, you should look at the cost as well. Two of the three bronze players in the football event were cheaper than that 20% gold one. The only reason to favor the good gold one over them was that he was much cheaper to get across the field and get the grand prize. If one of the other gold ones was on the field I took the bronze player though. And likewise (as many have pointed out before me) the cheapest recipe is a one-star one.

Looking back at how much drinks each quest gave and the cost of some of the good players, it seems you could get more specials for a given number of fulfilled quests. But you would need quite a detailed analysis to confirm that.

DeletedUser32328

Not accustomed to this parallel questline thing. Makes planning ahead tough. I collected a few 24h productions 5 minutes before getting "finish all production options once" quest.

With this format I can't tell which ones are coming up right after but overall it's an enjoyable event. :)

Really like the recipes format - reminds me of Grepolis.

I love the parallel quests. Just this morning both required fighting battles. Think I've production and FP spending overlaps as well.

But above all, it still allows me to do something when one is stuck on production ones.

DawnLight the Just

Strong statement, but...

just killed it.
Yeah, TBH I never looked at the happiness of them as I never put one up. It ended up being a lot more than I thought it would be. So I'm the foolish one. Still, I put up so many blacksmiths to make the production time less that I don't have open space to put up anything else. Hence the rebuilding.

DeletedUser

Yeah, TBH I never looked at the happiness of them as I never put one up. It ended up being a lot more than I thought it would be. So I'm the foolish one. Still, I put up so many blacksmiths to make the production time less that I don't have open space to put up anything else. Hence the rebuilding.
In cities where I have little space, I have literally used a 2x2 space to fulfill "increase Happiness" quests by building/selling multiple FotAs and GotSGs in that one space. A little time consuming sometimes, but otherwise very easy. In CE it would take 9 of either to fulfill the 5000 Happiness quest, in PME it would take 11.

Kesto11

I really like the duel questline, but I think there are far too many quests to complete. I keep 12 blacksmiths in my city and use the decorations to complete happiness quests. That's the only reason 99.99% of the time to have decorations. As a couple people mentioned earlier, the base cider mills are the most efficient supply buildings in the game as far as I am aware. But thankfully, I don't need any myself, because my RAH and LoA combined with 4 Maharaja's Palaces give me more than enough supplies.

RazorbackPirate

I really like the duel questline, but I think there are far too many quests to complete.
The Soccer Event had 33 Quests in the Main Questline, 65 total. The Soccer Event ran for 32 days.

The Fall Event has 54 Quests in the dual Main Questline and will have 75 total. The Fall Event runs for 21 days.

Y'all can judge for yourselves whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing. For me, it seems like more chances to win more prizes in less time, for just a bit more work. 35 days worth of event in 21 days. I'm OK with that.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I'm surprised folks are having trouble with the quests. I found them nice and easy as usual. I'm happy to share my strategies for completing them. Which ones specifically are giving people trouble?

FOE Quest Status.png

Daily reset update - still not what we want. More old buildings! grumble grumble

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

18 hours for my cultural buildings .... I'll take a breather from those worlds and head to worlds where I'm a little behind but at least i get a heads up as far as timers go or amount of units need defeating, etc. ....you should be used to this by now......yes ? No ?
You don't have to wait for them to be built for the "build a cultural building" quest.
If you are fulfilling a happiness quest, decorations are much more time effective.
Perhaps this is why you struggle to finish events?

DeletedUser31592

Kind of disappointed to see the WIshing Well for the second time so early. The list of how many I won the first time it was up is at work, so I'm not sure how many new WIshing Wells I've gained altogether, but it isn't a bad number. But now I will have extra ingredients. Now hoping for WW shrink kits to come towards the end, I guess!

DeletedUser35976

Kind of disappointed to see the WIshing Well for the second time so early. The list of how many I won the first time it was up is at work, so I'm not sure how many new WIshing Wells I've gained altogether, but it isn't a bad number. But now I will have extra ingredients. Now hoping for WW shrink kits to come towards the end, I guess!
Yesterday's special in houndsmoor was shrink kits. This was a few days after the special was wishing wells.

Graviton

I got a ton of shrink kits yesterday. Pretty much used up all my ingredients getting them though, so I'll be passing on the WW today. Hopefully it'll be back.

DeletedUser34800

I'm just waiting for the Cider Mill upgrade to be the daily special. That's all I want. A maxed out Cider Mill. It just looks really cool, way cooler than the Mill of Fall.

DeletedUser30900

average 3 WWs for my 6 diamond cities. Can't say I'm disappointed at the result but was expecting more. I think its due to Fall event is an individual event instead of a neighborhood event, cant use neighbors to increase the chance of getting good rewards. Hopefully WW shrink kit can show up the second time very late so I have enough time to finish some quests and stack up ingredients again.

DeletedUser18851

I did 30 of these ridiculous quests, spent what I could today trying to get wishing wells. Got ZERO! I also have 11 ingredients left over in my "kitchen" (how cute) that I cannot use because none of my "recipes" (how cute) call for them.

What a load of garbage.

You've done it again INNO. I am DONE wasting my time on your stupid quests for no reward.

DeletedUser18851

Second farm... 41 quests completed. 1 wishing well. 8 leftover ingredients.

DeletedUser30900

If you have more than 3 ingredients left and can’t continue, it’s your fault. It’s extremely easy to manage the ingredients. Well, for anyone who graduated middle school I guess

Dido 815 the Scourge

The Soccer Event had 33 Quests in the Main Questline, 65 total. The Soccer Event ran for 32 days.

The Fall Event has 54 Quests in the dual Main Questline and will have 75 total. The Fall Event runs for 21 days.

Y'all can judge for yourselves whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing. For me, it seems like more chances to win more prizes in less time, for just a bit more work. 35 days worth of event in 21 days. I'm OK with that.

Agreed! I like the dual questlines and the shorter overall timeframe. It’s been great when I’ve managed to time both event quests with my DC. It’s happened at least 5 times that I noticed & prob once or twice when I wasn’t paying attention.

Just a random thought for future events.... Why not offer up an expansion as a grand prize or as part of the league rewards?
Yes, I know some players may already be maxed so they won’t be able to use this item. Then again, think about all the items we win already that we just leave in inventory because they are useless to us personally. Again, just a random idea so please keep the flame comments to yourselves.