• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser38432

Does anyone else feel like Inno has done a poor job distributing the ingredients as prizes for finishing quests? I get it's not supposed to be an equal number of all but I feel like the over did the uneveness of distibuting them.

100% agree. THIS EVENT IS TERRIBLE. The ingredients they "randomly" give out are not balanced or the baked goods keep asking for the same ingredients which causes a bottleneck. INNO is forcing people to spend diamonds, plain and simple greedy design. It is pathetic!

Jern2017

I think this event was great. Beautiful visual design and the main prize building has awesome stats. I've not spent any diamonds, but I'll get one fully upgraded September Cottage (I only need one more upgrade to max it), plus at least one more upgrade.

Inno isn't forcing anyone to spend diamonds since it's completely possible to get one fully upgraded event building without spending them.

DeletedUser38432

I think this event was great. Beautiful visual design and the main prize building has awesome stats. I've not spent any diamonds, but I'll get one fully upgraded September Cottage (I only need one more upgrade to max it), plus at least one more upgrade.

Inno isn't forcing anyone to spend diamonds since it's completely possible to get one fully upgraded event building without spending them.

Past events had much better event buildings (Crows Nest, Worlds Fair, etc)...to claim otherwise is being dishonest. This event's building is very "meh", especially if you only can upgrade one completely.

RazorbackPirate

Another crappy event. I currently have 7 ingredients that I can't use. The next 3 days of announced quest rewards won't help me either. I will have 10 ingredients that I can't "spend" on any of my 3 baked good options. The ONLY chance I can now progress is getting lucky on the daily login bonus or for my luck to change on the daily challenge. THIS EVENT SUCKS! No other event had a BOTTLENECK INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED INTO THE EVENT TO FORCE DIAMOND USAGE!!!
I'm confused. What is the intentional bottleneck?
100% agree. THIS EVENT IS TERRIBLE. The ingredients they "randomly" give out are not balanced or the baked goods keep asking for the same ingredients which causes a bottleneck. INNO is forcing people to spend diamonds, plain and simple greedy design. It is pathetic!
Apparently you don't understand the concept of randomness. Random means there is no balance. The ingredients from the DC are random, the recipes you get are random. The real question is how did you spend your ingredients? That's the part you have control over. What did you do with the part of the event under your control?

Last edited:

Jern2017

Past events had much better event buildings (Crows Nest, Worlds Fair, etc)...to claim otherwise is being dishonest. This event's building is very "meh", especially if you only can upgrade one completely.

I did not claim anything, nor was I dishonest for expressing my personal opinion. That's why I started my previous post with "I think". Taking the Appleton Cottage as an example, to me, 9% attack, 14% defense and four FPs at 3x4 is good.

You say you can only fully upgrade one building. If you do not spend any diamonds, that is absolutely true. But that's how it was with most of the previous event buildings, including the World's Fair and Crow's Nest that you mentioned. If you want more fully upgraded buildings, you have to spend diamonds. No one is forcing you to do so, but this option is on the table for everyone and it helps Inno to earn their money. Do you think Inno is one person with a full time job, working on the game in the afternoon from their living room? No, it's a business.

So, you can get one fully upgraded building for free and need to spend money for each additional one. I think this is fair and reasonable.

barra370804

Another crappy event. I currently have 7 ingredients that I can't use. The next 3 days of announced quest rewards won't help me either. I will have 10 ingredients that I can't "spend" on any of my 3 baked good options. The ONLY chance I can now progress is getting lucky on the daily login bonus or for my luck to change on the daily challenge. THIS EVENT SUCKS! No other event had a BOTTLENECK INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED INTO THE EVENT TO FORCE DIAMOND USAGE!!!
No, you are forcing yourself to spend diamonds. I hate it when people cry about inno effing up when really it was the player's fault. Spend your ingredients wisely.

DeletedUser28147

Inno definitely increased the need for strategy this time around, I remember last year's fall event being easier to complete a fully upgraded building.

DeletedUser28147

There is no forced use of diamonds. You just didn't use your ingredients in the best way. That being said, I myself did use diamonds to buy 2 extra ingredients but I will admit that I didn't use good strategy in picking recipes. I didn't realize this until someone else pointed it out and it was almost to late. I'm probably going to get a fully upgraded cottage but it will be by the skin of my teeth.
Try using the extra ingredients you have even if it means picking smaller recipes.

Super Catanian

Inno definitely increased the need for strategy this time around, I remember last year's fall event being easier to complete a fully upgraded building.
Yes, indeed. Being in the Apprentice League and having completed everything, I had a Mill of Fall and 2 Upgrades to spare. This event, I'll have 1 Upgrade from the League.

DeletedUser38432

I'm confused. What is the intentional bottleneck?

Apparently you don't understand the concept of randomness. Random means there is no balance. The ingredients from the DC are random, the recipes you get are random. The real question is how did you spend your ingredients? That's the part you have control over. What did you do with the part of the event under your control?

If you are too dumb to understand a bottleneck, let me explain. For the last 3 days the game have given me nothing but caramel and cinnamon. Even if I am careful to pick only recipes using those ingredients, the game gave me 3 new recipes that don't use those 2 ingredients or required 2 apples/pumpkin/chocolate which I don't have. I took a balanced approach before assuming RNG would be "fair." I complete the ingredient Daily Challenge every day and get 2 caramel or cinnamon. I log in daily and get caramel or cinnamon.

DeletedUser38432

There is no forced use of diamonds. You just didn't use your ingredients in the best way. That being said, I myself did use diamonds to buy 2 extra ingredients but I will admit that I didn't use good strategy in picking recipes. I didn't realize this until someone else pointed it out and it was almost to late. I'm probably going to get a fully upgraded cottage but it will be by the skin of my teeth.
Try using the extra ingredients you have even if it means picking smaller recipes.

Tell me how exactly I am supposed to use ingredients "better" when new recipes ONLY use 2-3 ingredients that I don't have. See above...game has given me nothing but the same 2 ingredients with recipes that either don't use them or require 2-3 ingredients I don't have and RNG refuses to give me.

Emberguard

Tell me how exactly I am supposed to use ingredients "better" when new recipes ONLY use 2-3 ingredients that I don't have. See above...game has given me nothing but the same 2 ingredients with recipes that either don't use them or require 2-3 ingredients I don't have and RNG refuses to give me.
It's random. The chances of getting either one of those two ingredients is 40% because there's 5 ingredients total. It'd be rather unusual if you weren't getting that kind of result at all due to the low pool of alternative options
upload_2019-9-28_16-15-49.png

I log in daily and get caramel or cinnamon.
There's no RNG in the daily free ingredient. It's on a set rotation. Every ingredient appears once before repeating. It's impossible for you to only get caramel or cinnamon from it unless you're only referring to the days where that's the set ingredient (like today being caramel)

The later you leave it before using ingredients the better you'll be able to choose the recipes to take. The smaller amount of ingredients you have available when using them the greater impact a bad choice has on the final outcome.

barra370804

If you are too dumb to understand a bottleneck, let me explain. For the last 3 days the game have given me nothing but caramel and cinnamon. Even if I am careful to pick only recipes using those ingredients, the game gave me 3 new recipes that don't use those 2 ingredients or required 2 apples/pumpkin/chocolate which I don't have. I took a balanced approach before assuming RNG would be "fair." I complete the ingredient Daily Challenge every day and get 2 caramel or cinnamon. I log in daily and get caramel or cinnamon.
RNG is RNG. RNG means luck. There is no fairness when luck is involved. Don't get this twisted, you just got RNG screwed. I had the opposite problem from you, I am ALWAYS low on cinnamon and caramel, but even so, I will get a full cottage this event.

RazorbackPirate

I understand what a bottleneck is, my question is where the INTENTIONAL bottleneck is. Seems you need a retroactive study in randomness. Try flipping a coin. That will show you how randomness works.

Better yet, if you'd like to duplicate the randomness of the Daily Challenge results, take 5 pennies and with a sharpie mark them 1 - 5. Then toss them in a brown paper bag and without looking, pull one out. Record your result, drop it back in the bag, shake it up and draw again. Repeat this the same number of times you've selected the Ingredients Chest in DC.

Good luck having an even number of each, won't happen. There's not that many pulls. Randomness. You're welcome.

Algona

In my newest startup I tarkegeted SoKs. Scored 9. Am in position to win the Cottage with an extra upgrade. Mission accomplished.

In the two established cities both will score the Cottage.

A fine Event, not horribly exciting, not bad.

I'll be happy to see much the same next year.

Except...

I don;t think I like Event Currency as part of the DCs. Seems an Event should not be spilling over into too many other parts of the game.

The main prize of the Event should be winnable without having to go beyond the Event Quests.

But not fixed on that opinion yet, and quite curious what others think of the DC Event Currency thing.

What did you do with the part of the event under your control?

Apparently tiggerwolf did the wrong thing.

RazorbackPirate

quite curious what others think of the DC Event Currency thing.
I liked having the ability to get extra event currency from DC. As someone who completes DC daily, I've gotten plenty of the regular rewards, which to me, have grown a bit stale. Having the extra currency, allowed me to get a second fully upgrade Cider Mill, something I don't think would have been possible to do for free without it.

I especially liked when both the quests in the parallel quest line and the tasks from DC all gave me the same tasks to complete. Lots of extra ingredients without much extra work.

I wouldn't want to see that become the standard for every event, but with this event having 5 different event currencies, I found it quite nice having the ability to grab extra ingredients without spending diamonds. While frustrated at times with getting too much of the same ingredient, prudent choices over the recipes allowed me to balance them out anyway.

Since most of the fluff awarded through the recipes will be sold back to the AD, same as the fluff I would have gotten from DC, in that respect it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. But, winning the ingredients from DC and spending them in the event likely netted me more useful stuff, extra SoKs and that second CM, than I would have gotten without it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser40996

I don;t think I like Event Currency as part of the DCs. Seems an Event should not be spilling over into too many other parts of the game.

Well nobody says you have to take the ingredient chest . I'll get a max Cottage on my baby bronze age world (meaning no daily challenge chest) and on my EMA world with the extra ingredients . Having event currency in the daily challenges really only means extra goodies from the daily specials / Recipe rewards .