• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We hope you enjoy our new event! It will conclude on the 30th September.
As always, your feedback is very important for us, so don't forget to comment here! Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

There is now a dedicated thread for questions/tips on the playing of the event here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

All these residential event buildings are finally starting to give me happiness trouble in one of my cities. Add two more fully upgraded ships has not helped with that

DeletedUser37581

All these residential event buildings are finally starting to give me happiness trouble in one of my cities. Add two more fully upgraded ships has not helped with that
The game requires careful planning of how to build a city while managing all the necessary resources. Those who willy-nilly add buildings because of certain benefits (such as FP production) may find themselves hurting in other resource areas.

Agent327

You've got the wrong GB's. Nothing in your city that provides happiness and has a strong second bonus. Frauenkirche just does not do it.

DeletedUser29623

You've got the wrong GB's. Nothing in your city that provides happiness and has a strong second bonus. Frauenkirche just does not do it.

I added an Ornate Baths and it's fine now. That's much cheaper than putting in a GB just for happiness, so keep your advice. My observation was merely to note that more major event buildings that also give happiness--like Tholos, Pagoda, and Grand Bridge--would be appreciated.

UBERhelp1

*(Grabs blueberry muffin and settles down in comfy chair to judge both the neighbors and the Forums before realizing I have school and I need to finish getting dressed)*
I myself sold a spare Mill of Fall and two Upgrades to the Antiques Dealer. I won a new one from an auction, so hopefully I will trade it soon for some Gemstones.
I would have saved those.
You can get upgrades this event for the Mill of Falls. According to Beta rewards, anyway.

qaccy

I'm gonna side with @Lauramiller here and agree that some more upgradeable buildings that provide happiness would be cool. Heck, the Colossus could have been one but that's apparently a very stylized apartment building since it provides population instead. But as it stands, I believe it's now been 12 events since one provided happiness (2018's Soccer Cup with the Tholos of Idols) and that seems like quite a long stretch to me!

UBERhelp1

I'm gonna side with @Lauramiller here and agree that some more upgradeable buildings that provide happiness would be cool. Heck, the Colossus could have been one but that's apparently a very stylized apartment building since it provides population instead. But as it stands, I believe it's now been 12 events since one provided happiness (2018's Soccer Cup with the Tholos of Idols) and that seems like quite a long stretch to me!
Halloween is still coming, and no doubt with the graveyard, and maybe the main building will give some happiness.

DeletedUser29623

The Pagoda gives happiness, as does the Piazza set if you build the whole thing.

Super Catanian

The Pagoda gives happiness, as does the Piazza set if you build the whole thing.
Something interesting that I've noticed is that the complete Piazza Set is completely self-sustainable. It provides Population, enough Happiness to make the provided Population enthusiastic, Coins, Supplies, Goods, Medals, Forge Points, and certain boosts.
All that's missing is for one of the pieces to have been a Production Buildings and it would have been great!

DeletedUser29646

Its good to see event buildings slowly getting better over time :) I remeber when SoKs where considered really good, now they just ok... hah
Looking forward too this event building always good to have +% attack to make GE more easy.

qaccy

I totally overlooked the happiness indicator for the Pagoda...though it does provide an equal amount of population alongside it (which means adding an additional 40% of its population as happiness to your city somewhere), it's still better than only providing population! As it currently stands, I've got just under 230,000 population and am 45k happiness shy of having them enthusiastic. For now I've got the tavern boost to take care of that (and I could probably run that indefinitely), but I'm still slowly clawing my way back up without using anything that can be polished since I consider buildings that produce nothing a waste of space...yes, even in my current state. lol It's also to ensure that anyone who visits to aid doesn't get any funny ideas and actually clicks on something beneficial to me.

Agent327

Almost every set building gives a surplus of happiness.

DeletedUser40061

This will be first time for me playing it. Although i already grabbed up a lot of wintery bldgs in antique shop..i mean if i buy up some dupes, i can turn em around and make small profit in exchange. Iam looking forward to event!

DeletedUser27979

Something that has to change in Events are the Quests that require making the People Happy.
My Population is always Enthusiastic but that never counts to the Quest, it should be an automatic completion.
I have to waste supplies and time etc. tearing down buildings that I need for Happiness buildings that I don't need just to take those down again after the Quest to replace with buildings that I had (more hours of production wasted). That is not fun, it is annoying. I have seen players giving up on Events, even leave the game, because Events can be a pointless pain with little reward.