• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Agent327

Langendorn here. Event was going along fine but then since the last update it went downhill.

For the last 4 days, whether it be Daily Challenge or Daily Event Quests, I've only received either Apples or Caramel with one instance of Pumpkins. The only reason I've been able to bake anything is due to Incidents popping up Cinnamon or Chocolate, which are few and far between. Today's Daily Challenge netted Caramel, again.

I've gone from Star Baker to Professional in aforementioned time period and am in danger of dropping down further unless something changes.

I will be filing a support ticket since, from my view, it seems the algorithm is weighted towards Apple and Caramel despite the displayed equal percentages across ingredients.

Good luck with that. You are #1073 that is convinced there is a problem cause you do not get what you need and want.

DeletedUser31397

I got 6 mill of fall upgrade kits with exactly 100 ingredients spent (16.7 ingredients per Daily Prize) and was able to get a Colorful Mill. Not bad considering my initial guess was about 15 ingredients per daily.

Also, it appears on average one of every 10 incidents will yield an ingredient. My total incident count is probably off a few but I have gotten 28 ingredients out of approximately 280 incidents among 4 worlds. (The last 4 ingredients have popped up almost consistently every 10 incidents). Hope this helps :)

RazorbackPirate

I see Inno made it seem like we would be able to get 2x and 4x from quests, but doesn't seem to have come to live?

Ongoing Changelog w/c 26th August
upload_2019-9-17_14-4-41.png

Indeed it did make to live. What didn't make live is the 4x for quest 54. The 2x and 4x did appear on Beta exactly as advertised, but Beta ain't live.

In fact, if you watch the video attached to the event announcement, you'll see that almost all of the milestone rewards changed from Beta to live.

Do understand what a Beta server is? A place to test things out and make changes as needed, to achieve the balance Inno is looking for before they go live. Lots of things change between Beta testing and live, as it should be.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41212

I got 6 mill of fall upgrade kits with exactly 100 ingredients spent (16.7 ingredients per Daily Prize) and was able to get a Colorful Mill. Not bad considering my initial guess was about 15 ingredients per daily.

Also, it appears on average one of every 10 incidents will yield an ingredient. My total incident count is probably off a few but I have gotten 28 ingredients out of approximately 280 incidents among 4 worlds. (The last 4 ingredients have popped up almost consistently every 10 incidents). Hope this helps :)

Your lucky. I've only found one incident that gave ingredients since this has started.

DeletedUser5111

View attachment 14202

Indeed it did make to live. What didn't make live is the 4x for quest 54. The 2x and 4x did appear on Beta exactly as advertised, but Beta ain't live.

In fact, if you watch the video attached to the event announcement, you'll see that almost all of the milestone rewards changed from Beta to live.

Do understand what a Beta server is? A place to test things out and make changes as needed, to achieve the balance Inno is looking for before they go live. Lots of things change between Beta testing and live, as it should be.

You could have clarified it without the attitude. When I was I playing in Beta I was past the point of the 2x of each, so I missed that part.

RazorbackPirate

You could have clarified it without the attitude. When I was I playing in Beta I was past the point of the 2x of each, so I missed that part.
Funny. It's you who ascribed attitude to my answer.

I don't play on Beta, but I do read the Beta forum regularly so I know what's coming. I also understand that until something makes it to the live server, nothing is set in stone.

I also understand that even when something does go live, Inno may continue to do A/B testing as they did with the Antiques Dealer, randomly selecting players to receive either 2-hour of 4-hour auctions.

Super Catanian

I also understand that even when something does go live, Inno may continue to do A/B testing as they did with the Antiques Dealer, randomly selecting players to receive either 2-hour of 4-hour auctions.
So basically, all servers are beta and this entire game is in beta and every single feature imaginable is in a continuous cycle of being in beta. Oh, and did I mention that this is in beta? ;)

RazorbackPirate

So basically, all servers are beta and this entire game is in beta and every single feature imaginable is in a continuous cycle of being in beta. Oh, and did I mention that this is in beta? ;)
Not sure how you get that from what I wrote. However, I will agree that everything is subject to change, as it should be. Good enough should never be good enough. If changes can be made to improve the game, they should be made.

Super Catanian

Not sure how you get that from what I wrote. However, I will agree that everything is subject to change, as it should be. Good enough should never be good enough. If changes can be made to improve the game, they should be made.
I made that tongue-in-cheek remark because I thought it was pretty funny that testing for the AD continued in the live servers despite that it was being tested in the Beta Server.

All of life is Beta, get over it. :D
I knew it!! *(Existential crisis I N T E N S I F I E S)*

DeletedUser41065

My feedback:
There should be an option for the recipes to be reshuffled with different ingredients.
My reasoning:
So we can actually use up all the ingredients and get the maximum out of it.
With the current state I might have 40 ingredients, but if I don't have any apples, for instance, I would have to go buy with diamonds.
OR swap 1 ingredient for another 1:1.

Regards

RazorbackPirate

With the current state I might have 40 ingredients, but if I don't have any apples, for instance, I would have to go buy with diamonds.
Every event generally has leftover currency. If you end up with 40 ingredients, but no apples, it's because you spent your ingredients wrong. Yes, that means that first and foremost, you want to spend your ingredients in a way that spends them evenly. That means often baking sub-optimal recipes, from a rewards perspective, which in the long run will give you much, much more.

Several times during last year's Fall Event, I ended up with zero ingredients across the board in each of my cities. I easily got a full upgraded MoF, plus many other goodies, all without spending a single diamond.

FoE is a strategy game, including events. Each event has both winning and losing strategies. What you're asking for is to make FoE events a gimme game, no strategy needed. No thanks.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

If you guys accumulate ingredients before your spend them, you should be able to manage your inventory to where you have only one or two left at the end of combining. Just pay attention. For example I might have only 5 apples, 7 pumpkins, and 10 of everything else. If I PAY ATTENTION to what I'm doing, there is no reason why I can't end up with only one or two ingredients.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Every event generally has leftover currency. If you end up with 40 ingredients, but no apples, it's because you spent your ingredients wrong. Yes, that means that first and foremost, you want to spend your ingredients in a way that spends them evenly. That means often baking sub-optimal recipes, from a rewards perspective, which in the long run will give you much, much more.

Several times during last year's Fall Event, I ended up with zero ingredients across the board in each of my cities. I easily got a full upgraded MoF, plus many other goodies, all without spending a single diamond.

FoE is a strategy game, including events. Each event has both winning and losing strategies. What you're asking for is to make FoE events a gimme game, no strategy needed. No thanks.
This guy gets it.

DeletedUser40981

We hope you enjoy our new event! It will conclude on the 30th September.
As always, your feedback is very important for us, so don't forget to comment here! Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

There is now a dedicated thread for questions/tips on the playing of the event here.
yeah its not so good, was hoping the last one was just a fluke but guess not, too bad try again waste of my time literally

Super Catanian

yeah its not so good, was hoping the last one was just a fluke but guess not, too bad try again waste of my time literally
The maxed out Cider Mill is a really excellent Building I'm glad I could get my hands on.

If you guys accumulate ingredients before your spend them, you should be able to manage your inventory to where you have only one or two left at the end of combining. Just pay attention. For example I might have only 5 apples, 7 pumpkins, and 10 of everything else. If I PAY ATTENTION to what I'm doing, there is no reason why I can't end up with only one or two ingredients.
This person also gets it. I have at least 8 of everything right now. Also, I am saving up because I am waiting for the next time that Cider Mill Upgrade Kits are offered. Don't know yet if they are/will be a Daily Special, but, if not, I guess I'll have to go for something else.

RazorbackPirate

This person also gets it. I have at least 8 of everything right now. Also, I am saving up because I am waiting for the next time that Cider Mill Upgrade Kits are offered. Don't know yet if they are/will be a Daily Special, but, if not, I guess I'll have to go for something else.
Both the base and the upgrades appeared as a Daily special twice on Beta. I expect it will be the same on live.