• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2022 feedback

Dursland

Last

day of event and I have more stars left to collect than is possible without diamonds. I have two cities, and will get level 8 in both cites. I play every day all day. I think some ingredient incidents hid under my cities where I could not see them. I am disappointed about this.
I don't think there were hidden ingredients you missed, they were just real stingy with them. I got one maybe every 3 days.

If I had not spent 2450 of my farmed diamonds to buy additional ingredients, I would be coming up short on the sunflower press as well.

Disappointed with this event as usual. One world I have 8 cinnamon, 5 caramel, and zero of any other ingredients, with no option to change the recipes on the table, not about to spend that many diamonds on just one single ingredient. I don't mind spending diamonds during events, but the cost for these is asinine. Main world has 4 chocolate and 1 pumpkin, and no recipes I can make. Spent diamonds on main world, and am +27 in Star Baker league, hoping that holds up the last few hours. I thought for the longest time that I hated St. Patrick's Day event the most, then I remembered this one existed.

In terms of feedback - perhaps give the option for players to be able to swap recipes in order to use all ingredients instead of having who knows how many ingredients left over without being able to be used. Also, the diamond cost for 1/3/6 ingredients is OUTRAGEOUS. Not enough ingredients are able to be earned through the quests, incidents, dailies, etc. Many other events have far better ratio of diamond cost to goods/ingredients than this (see Halloween event/archaeology event package costs).

Ironrooster

At the end 5 cities held onto Apprentice League, 1 city held onto Professional League, 1 city slipped from Professional to Apprentice League, and 1 city slipped from Apprentice League to Trainee League. So 7 of 8 cities made the level 9 building with no diamonds spent.

The one city that didn't make it had enough ingredients, but try as I might to spend them down to zero I was not quite lucky enough. The last few received didn't quite match up with the last recipe choices and so I missed by 4 stars. Fortunately it was in a city where I was not going to use the building anyway.

I have to admit the last couple of days were exciting as I watched and played to see who would make it.

LoveNkind

I've finished every daily quest and picked up every incident daily and I have a feeling I may not finish a Sunflower Oil Press.

I currently have the base + 5 upgrades and I'll get one more on quest 47. That means I need two more. I am 17 stars away from my next one but then two whole tables away from the last. I will get a selection kit if I remain in the Apprentice league (currently only 19 points over apprentice) but, depending on how many people still have to play, I may fall out of Apprentice. You really shouldn't have to count on a league reward to finish an event building.
It helped me that you mentioned Apprentice. It was not possible to finish the event building without diamonds--unless you worked hard enough to make that top 20%. I made that in both my cities. In my big one, I did it without diamonds (maybe a couple ingredients when I really wanted a daily prize). My small city, I used diamonds to go a bit further because I did not know much apprentice would rise during sleeping hours. I ended up in Professional.
It seems that Inno has changed the basic rules of events, so that for practical purposes, 20% can get the full building, most of which will have used diamonds to go further than necessary.
It was not possible to get it with the stars and no diamonds. It would have required about 25-30 more stars to get the last upgrade that way, and if you managed that, you were Professional or better anyway.

Sledgie

This was not a well-balanced event because the average active player couldn't complete the event building without diamonds. It required higher than average activity/skill for players to achieve apprentice league without diamonds. It is my understanding that Into typically tries to balance events so the average active player can complete one copy of the event building without diamonds. That was not possible in this event due to the need to be in the top 20% to complete the building. If league table placement was used to balance the event, trainee league should have provided an upgrade.

Xenosaur

@Shalimar the Brave - I think what we "used" to understand and cut our city growth teeth on for expectations and game paradigm, is eroding. Inno isn't going to tell us that our expectations of "free" event prizes are less probable, their goal is to obfuscate that more than they ever did, get you into the event and get you close to the "win" - then you realize with fairly simple math you're going to be short of that historical expectation.

You scream internally - and curse your investment of time and diligence to be this short of your goal. You compare notes with fellow beta and live players, and find that the game has a new expectation and mandate to get more financially solvent, and hence - a new way to do things.

You then decide to bite the bullet this time - and pay what you need to from you stash of diamonds - OR, buy diamonds to secure the object you want. Going forward to the next event however, you should be sharper than ever to listen, and see if you even want to get started playing by what the math studies out to be.

As the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

I think that quietly and now a bit more visibly (based on 2 recent historic event under our belt...) , the math has a tighter edge, some will probabilistically make the cut and get it free, but the expected and very vocalized "layup" getting the event super-prize is going forward, expected to have some cost associated with it and will not be AS free as it used to be.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Yeah - this got real ugly sometimes. Example...

I had at least 1 baking good item in 4 of the 5 types of goods. 1 was empty.

Yet, the algorithm offering me what I could bake choose 3 items with the SINGLE missing good item required to bake it. Seriously? All 3 items to bake need what I don't have, and I have 4 of the 5 goods?

This happened MULTIPLE TIMES in the event.

That means - buy the missing item so you can continue to bake to the goal, or wait.

Way too many of these types of event roadblocks. As well, getting skewed distributions of baking goods, obtained by the daily challenge and incidents. I hope you never saw your baking goods distribution this bad...

1 - 3 - 8 - 1 - 2

I just checked out of the event.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I got the event building only because I spent diamonds for the first donkey. It would not be complete without spending diamonds on my end too even though I have 7 parts already in the auction dealer.

Baroque

I have 5 cities that all ended up with max level event buildings with the post event award box. I spent no diamonds, but I chose all the dailies that gave ingredients. I didn't keep track of the numbers, but I gained units, FPs, goods BPs, buildings and fragments. Probably won't build the event building. Overall, a mediocre event. Now it's time to cull and restock the friends list.

Dursland

Said it before but I'll say it again now that I have it built, the event building is GREAT for a new world. 12fps, goods, and invaluable military units for those of us that don't have traz yet. I'm waiting until I age up Tuesday before I do the final upgrade to get current era units, it'll be a big help.

Now we need Halloween event. I want house of the wolf, the event building, and my excitement for midnight to return. Event currency and event quests are a fun nightly thing and Halloween is the best of all with the extra questlines.

xivarmy

Said it before but I'll say it again now that I have it built, the event building is GREAT for a new world. 12fps, goods, and invaluable military units for those of us that don't have traz yet. I'm waiting until I age up Tuesday before I do the final upgrade to get current era units, it'll be a big help.

Now we need Halloween event. I want house of the wolf, the event building, and my excitement for midnight to return. Event currency and event quests are a fun nightly thing and Halloween is the best of all with the extra questlines.
While I'm definitely excited for another event on Dilmun, Halloween specials actually have me with mixed thoughts atm.

House of the Wolf is definitely the most space-efficient - but on a new world space efficiency isn't as important as special-efficiency - and it's not very special efficient.

Abandoned Asylum is significantly more special efficient, but it's not necessarily something I want to keep super-longterm. And I find the -happiness of the halloween stuff kinda aggravating on a new world.

Stage of Ages is more special-efficient still and enough +happiness to almost cover their population. They're definitely just stopgaps but really quite good for a new world @ 4 FP and 15 (previous era) goods per day with some attack boost.

What I'm most looking forward to in halloween is how many goods can be racked up from the extra questlines. I'm hoping to advance multiple ages over the event :)

Malaime

I completed the event survey when I logged on this morning. I wanted to make a couple comments that were not addressed.

The main event building is ok for younger cities, but not better than anything I have. With that said, I complete all the quests to get all upgrades but am always 1 short since changes were made.

I used to be able to rank high enough to get my final upgrade from the ranking rewards. But for some time, I haven't been able to. That was ok, because you gave an upgrade in a chest when completing a certain number of quests. Now you took that away, so I can't get all upgrades without spending alot of diamonds.

Why I don't spend diamonds on events... I've done so a couple times in the past with less than great results.

Dursland

While I'm definitely excited for another event on Dilmun, Halloween specials actually have me with mixed thoughts atm.

House of the Wolf is definitely the most space-efficient - but on a new world space efficiency isn't as important as special-efficiency - and it's not very special efficient.

Abandoned Asylum is significantly more special efficient, but it's not necessarily something I want to keep super-longterm. And I find the -happiness of the halloween stuff kinda aggravating on a new world.

Stage of Ages is more special-efficient still and enough +happiness to almost cover their population. They're definitely just stopgaps but really quite good for a new world @ 4 FP and 15 (previous era) goods per day with some attack boost.

What I'm most looking forward to in halloween is how many goods can be racked up from the extra questlines. I'm hoping to advance multiple ages over the event :)
House of Wolf matches Asylum if you count both boosts together? 10% + 10% = 20%. Attacker's defense was one thing I sorely lacked in Z world so looking to get that going from the start here.

xivarmy

House of Wolf matches Asylum if you count both boosts together? 10% + 10% = 20%. Attacker's defense was one thing I sorely lacked in Z world so looking to get that going from the start here.
Asylum also adds much more FP and Goods which are more my priority for the first events.

Attacking Defense is indeed a bit of a challenge for the start of Dilmun; but wolf house isn't exactly a fast leap on that front.

I made a run on attacking defense on Carthage in Winter Event & Forge Bowl because I was fighting ahead on continent map and defense is a priority in that regard (ideally you want 200+ defense, but 100 attack is fine if you're fighting PME->TE in industrial). That said if you plan to start a run on defense in halloween, yea, i guess it's wolf house vs sentinel outpost - and sentinel outpost isn't so far ahead in special efficiency for defense for the other things wolf house provides.

The Lady Redneck

Well I played this event like I always play events. And I got the main building fully upgrades in both my cities. And got some handy stuff from the daily rewards. and a bunch more things that will be good for the AD. The only thing that I do with Events is to make sure not to do my city collections until I check to see what is needed to complete Event Quests. I spend no diamonds, nor do I fry my brain with crazy math theories and such that are supposed tp get you the max of every thing.

But this time i did do something different. I only have 2 cities. one in SAJM that's main purpose is fighting. The other is a Diamond Farm. But this time on seeing that the main buildings greatest use would be for young cities I decided to start a new city just to see if it would be possible to get the fully upgraded Sunflower Oil Press in it. I joined a young guild of newer players with no high level GBs. I decided to stay in Iron age behind the military Tactics Tech. . And I did manage to get the fully upgraded building there as well as in my other 2 cities. Did not spend any diamonds there either. Or spend more time in the game that I normally do.

So once again I am baffled by all those who say you cannot do it without spending diamonds. But I do have to say that I found starting a new city to be so easy now at to be childs play compared to what it used to be. There is little to no challenge or thought needed. and it is understandable that people get bored and do not stay in the game for very long.

Graviton

So once again I am baffled by all those who say you cannot do it without spending diamonds.
I was always baffled by it too, but now I'm one of them. Inno has definitely shrunk the margin of error. I think this time it came down to doing the Daily Challenge every day; I did not. I did most of them, but I wasn't diligent about doing it every day because I'd never had to before.