• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser15855

I'll add my feedback.

1.) Fix the problem with the ? on the baskets. I clicked the ? and it opened the basket, costing me 75 apples. Seriously? If I wanted the basket I'd click the button to open the basket. You basically stole my apples. And, when I sent in a ticket the response was "you can earn more apples." WOW! That's just some lousy customer service there. Way to encourage feedback about bugs!!

2.) You *have* nerfed the trees. Too many players pointing it out to be a coincidence. Early on I was getting a lot of 10's and 20's and even about 10 50's the first few days. Now it's 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 with the occassionaly 10 or 20 and no more 50's (at least not for a couple of days). So, you "improved" the prizes but made it harder to actually earn them. Not cool.

3.) My experience with the prizes is different from everyone else. I hate winning coins, supplies, medals, single rogues, blueprints, etc. They're useless to me. That said, I do understand why they're in there. They are filler. In every chance contest you will lose more than you win. That's okay, since this stuff is free. I do feel for those who buy apples using real money, but that's gambling and in gambling the average person will lose. If you want to "win" you have to go with the best strategy. For me that's saving all my apples and going all-in when a prize I like is up. The other day when SoKs are up I opened 7 baskets before I won the SoK. A very good/lucky return. I then bought 8 more SoKs with the apples I had saved up. I can hardly complain about an event where I get 9 SoKs. That said, I was less than 75 apples from buying 1 more SoK at the end of the day. That kinda miffed me considering #1 mentioned above.....

4.) The trees are way too hard to see. There's really no valid reason to make them hard to find. And, the color-blindness thing is a big oversight IMO. Red/green is a well-known issue so making the trees that color combination, with no other distinguishing characteristics, is a big accessibility no-no.

DeletedUser14197

I'll add my feedback.

1.) Fix the problem with the ? on the baskets. I clicked the ? and it opened the basket, costing me 75 apples. Seriously? If I wanted the basket I'd click the button to open the basket. You basically stole my apples. And, when I sent in a ticket the response was "you can earn more apples." WOW! That's just some lousy customer service there. Way to encourage feedback about bugs!!

2.) You *have* nerfed the trees. Too many players pointing it out to be a coincidence. Early on I was getting a lot of 10's and 20's and even about 10 50's the first few days. Now it's 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 with the occassionaly 10 or 20 and no more 50's (at least not for a couple of days). So, you "improved" the prizes but made it harder to actually earn them. Not cool.

3.) My experience with the prizes is different from everyone else. I hate winning coins, supplies, medals, single rogues, blueprints, etc. They're useless to me. That said, I do understand why they're in there. They are filler. In every chance contest you will lose more than you win. That's okay, since this stuff is free. I do feel for those who buy apples using real money, but that's gambling and in gambling the average person will lose. If you want to "win" you have to go with the best strategy. For me that's saving all my apples and going all-in when a prize I like is up. The other day when SoKs are up I opened 7 baskets before I won the SoK. A very good/lucky return. I then bought 8 more SoKs with the apples I had saved up. I can hardly complain about an event where I get 9 SoKs. That said, I was less than 75 apples from buying 1 more SoK at the end of the day. That kinda miffed me considering #1 mentioned above.....

4.) The trees are way too hard to see. There's really no valid reason to make them hard to find. And, the color-blindness thing is a big oversight IMO. Red/green is a well-known issue so making the trees that color combination, with no other distinguishing characteristics, is a big accessibility no-no.

How many cities do you have to have gotten 10 50s. I may have gotten 1 50 in each of my cities to date, and maybe 2 in a couple of them. However, I went days before I even got one in some of my cities. I thought maybe they nerfed the trees the second day of the event because the number of apples I got the second day were less and it seemed like I was gettting mostly 7s. I kind of wonder if it is just the "random" factor. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. However, you could be right. They may have nerfed it. Just saying that before the change, I experienced days when I got mainly 7's. Just figured I was unlucky. I went and got a 50 in one of my cities today and I believe I got one in the same city yesterday. So I know the 50s are still dropping occasionally.

DeletedUser24719

While we are on the subject of prizes it seems to me there are fewer relics appearing from the ToR. Now I have not kept track of it so this is not emperical data but I do notice a difference the last two expeditions. I have had some guild mates on both world raise the same questions. Another INNO plot?

DeletedUser15855

How many cities do you have to have gotten 10 50s.

That was all in 1 city. 120 friends, 65 guildees, 80 neighbors, all very active. So, I was getting a lot of trees. It seems to be I'm getting fewer trees now too, and it's certain they are lower value (mostly 7's). But, I did win 9 SoKs, so the event is good to me. I'm storing up apples again and will make another run for some sort of prize before the end of the event. :)

DeletedUser10789

LOL....How funny is it that one thing changes and then something else changes. Do you all really believe that the game is not a business and while they listen in one way, there is a way to make that effect null and void, thru another way. They call this cause and effect. The cause is that we complained about the prizes being horrible and they were borderline insulting to give me coins, supplies, 1 rogue and items I did not need. Then once they "FIXED" this, then another issue arises, funny how that happens and that is called the effect.

So, I had said before and I will say it again. This event could have actually been one of their best ones, YET, here we go again more issues on something. About the drops on apples, I personally do not have an opinion, as I want to see what I get today but I was averaging from 300-400 apples per day on my Primary world with a FULL FL, 80 per very active guild and a great hood. I have seen a drop, yet I do NOT want to go on record yet, until one more day. I am a numbers person, but not a stats person, so I keep my numbers and track of them on my primary for reference. That said, IF this is the case, then thanks for nothing. At least we have the ability to get some better prizes, yet again, this is what should have happened from the start.

Most of you all are missing the big picture. This is the forums for the US Server and there are multiple servers for other countries and other areas of the world. Additionally, and the most important, the "GAME" and "INNO" do have a means by which they can and should be testing all of this stuff before it goes live. That is called the BETA SERVER. Guess what, there is a BETA FORUMS as well, where the game has the ability to listen to feedback and adjust accordingly. YET, the powers that be, find the BETA Forums and the feedback there insufficient and they decide to do as they wish only to have ripple effects placed to us here on the LIVE GAME. I play the Beta Forums, hardly, yet I can see the negative feedback from any and all changes and the call for changes, yet it seems like it is met with falling on deaf ears. So now we ask the big question, who's fault is it and what should happen.?

Is it the Developers Fault.? Is it Management's Fault.? Is it the CEO and the BOARD's Fault.? OR is it our fault for not speaking up too much and not voting with our bank accounts.? I will leave that up to you all to figure out, yet when I was a big boss with one of those titles above, the buck stopped at me and in the end it was ME who had to determine where the failures occurred and why.? So, my opinion is tainted as I know who is to blame and without fear of reprisals I must not say how I feel, but I think I said it above (wink wink).

I direct you all to multiple posts I have illuminated here I find all these "DROP RATES" highly questionable. But then again, that is up to you all to see for yourself and then ask yourself why is this happening, then you have your answer. I am not a conspiracy theorist at all, I will just say this, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck, just saying.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser14197

That was all in 1 city. 120 friends, 65 guildees, 80 neighbors, all very active. So, I was getting a lot of trees. It seems to be I'm getting fewer trees now too, and it's certain they are lower value (mostly 7's). But, I did win 9 SoKs, so the event is good to me. I'm storing up apples again and will make another run for some sort of prize before the end of the event. :)

I think you have been very lucky. Perhaps you just ran out of luck for a spell. Like I said, I haven't gotten nearly as many 50s as you were getting even before the change. I was lucky to get 2 in any one city and I am pretty sure in my main city I have only gotten 1. In that city, I have 77 hood, 73 guild and 140 friends, some which are inactive, but many which are active. I have aided all who aid me every day and have aided those who didn't aid me a few times as well. I get normally at least one tree per page of aids, and lots of times 2 a page and occasionally 3 on a page. Guess it must average out to one tree for every 6 or 7 aids, though sometimes it seems like it is 1 every 10, but than I may get 3 on a page or 4 very rarely.

DeletedUser26154

I do feel for those who buy apples using real money, but that's gambling and in gambling the average person will lose.
True. I'm pretty good at playing the odds.
I've been a non-professional competitive card player for over a quarter century.
And I'm non-professional for a reason.
Had I tried to make a career out of playing cards, I would have been hustled into the poor house.

My mother gave me excellent advise when I first started playing cards.
The lesson stays with me forever.
She said, "Ardak, gambling is a legal way for someone to steal your money."
Then she kicked my butt in Gin-Rummy. Seven times in a row.

I don't think INNO is trying any kind of hustle.
This contest was a new concept and I can understand mistakes being made.
I might have made the same mistakes myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27015

I appreciate INNO listening to our suggestions.
I do not appreciate INNO lowering the % of getting apples per M/P.
Every person I'm talking to, which are hundreds, all say the same thing.
"They added better prizes but drastically decreased the number of free apples found."

This event needed a lot more play-testing before live release.

We must have faith. INNO does listen to us and I feel they will favorably react.

I agree with you - whatever change they made lowering the amounts received has ultimately made this frustrating and less exciting. My average today is 8.9 apples/tree. What was a fairly balanced number of 7 & 20 with a few more 10s has fallen to a majority of 7s. They may have adjusted the prizes, which I was ok with the way they were, but now I've not even been to look since my apple counts are so low.

Algona

Dear INNO,

The changes to the chests were really good.

The change to the apple tree payout is really awful*.

The negative change far outweighs the positive change.**

Way to blow it.

kthnxvye, WasReallyExcitedNowDisappointed.

*I've been tracking the individual drops. i don't have a huge sample size <200. Before yesterday's change the 10 drop was over 60% and the 20 was equal to the 7 around 20% each. Now 7 drop is over 70%. Average went from 11+ down to 8+.

** The odds of winning a good prize doubled, but the number of chests that will be opened dropped by 30% and the third neighborhood prize is prolly out of reach and the there's no shot at the fourth.

DeletedUser27032

Hi,

I would like to suggest to add one more time the Renovation Kit to be unlocked; so whoever needs them more will get a chance to buy them out as last time it was unlocked all day. Will hold my apples in reserve until that :rolleyes:

Thank you!

DeletedUser26618

Everyday, aiding approximately 140 people, I receive approximately 30 apples which is 1 tree planted for every 4.6 players aided. Approximately half of the people I aid, are aiding me back, so I'm averaging approximately 10 apples trees a day, which is a much lower percentage. Let's say I get 10 apples per tree on average, that equals 100 apples + the 30 I receive for aiding and the measly average of 12 apples for a quest. that's an average of 142 apples a day... not enough to open the 75 apple basket twice. For me, this has been a really crappy event, especially compared to the Spring Event.

My other complaint is that when I wake up in the morning, I go to event history to see how many apple trees have been planted. I have a 25 inch monitor and am not color blind. My problem is that there are never more than TWO apple trees showing on my property at the same time. This morning there should have been 3. I found the first two right off. So far, after 45 minutes, the third tree has not shown up. Sometimes the extra trees will show up after 10-15 minutes and sometimes I have to log-out and then log back in, in order to get the other trees to show up. This is ridiculous.

I am averaging a little less than two rewards per day. I hope your next event is a lot better than this one.

DeletedUser26560

I'll add my feedback.

I find if you activate the Build mode you will see the area outside the build area where the apple trees are a lot better.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Just my two cents as a player that has been active since November 2012...this is by far the worst event INNO has ever put out, including some of the infamous spring/summer events from 2013-2014 timeframe. Trees are hard to see in the forest, the spendable item (apples) drop at very small amounts compared to costs (70% 7 apples, 25% 10 apples, 5% higher amounts), and the rewards were the worst ever then improved to the second worst ever. 10-15 100 apple baskets and I think I've gotten coins, supplies, rogues, 1 reno kit and a worthless pick up event item drop, which is nothing more than a sorry our old even items were crap, so you can get rid of them without deleting now! The Cider mill, our one guaranteed drop is a production building, which who needs? Supplies are the least useful currency in the game. Maybe it will be like a bazzar/soccer field and drop FP, but I have so many of those in inventory that won't fit in the city anyway. Oh well...

Long story short, first time I wish I had just skipped the whole thing.

DeletedUser

I'm glad I was not the only one to notice the trees with 50 Apples disappearing at the same time that they "improved" the prizes.

DeletedUser14197

They are less frequent but I got 2 of them today but went 2 days with none in 5 worlds.

Pretty sure I went 2 days with out any 50s in 6 worlds before the improvement to the baskets. I am still not convinced the number of apples per tree has changed. I have seemed to have gotten alot of 7s recently, but today I got 20s and 10s and even a 50. See getting 1 50 in 1 day even though I have 6 worlds was good for me before the change. The only day I remember doing better was the first day of the event.

DeletedUser27040

When does the Fall event end?

Oct 6th. The event window has a countdown timer. It's under the questionmark in the app versions.

I've managed to snag a few 20 apple trees since the patch, but 3 total vs 4-6 or more per day and no 50s at all. However, participation in my hood has dropped. Virtually everyone played the first few days, then started dropping back off as the event went on.

IMHO the main drag on this event is the level of effort for the reward. In the summer event you received a free spin everyday just for logging in and 2-3 for each quest you finished. This event has no daily bonus and it takes 6-7 quest completions to earn a single spin. Not to mention the tedium of finding apple trees. Fun at first, but quickly loses its luster, especially if you play on multiple worlds. Not a terrible first attempt, but a few small changes based on early beta feedback could have made it a lot better.