• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser25895

Something doesn't seem right to me.

From the event announcement thread:
"When you aid your friends, guildmates and neighbors, there's a chance to plant an apple tree in the wilderness around their city. They can then collect apples from the trees you planted and spend them on the rewards! Every time you successfully plant a tree, you will also receive an apple for yourself."

And, from other posts in this thread, I'm lead to believe that the planting of trees is a random thing. But, it should average out about the same for all players. Correct?

Since the start of this event, my guildmate has been M/P'd 29 times by other players in his neighborhood, with 10 trees planted around his city.
in the same period, I have been M/P'd 21 times and have only had 2 trees planted around my city.
That's pretty extreme for simply random variation.
Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:
Make that 24 and 2 for me, now.

EDIT Again:
it's now 32 and 2 for me,
33 and 11 for him.
He's holding his 1:3 ratio while my 1:12 has dropped to 1:16.
I'm beginning to feel like I'm locked out of the event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Rainna

Colorblind people, the trees 'glow' when you mouse over them. When you DO find a tree, before you
click on it, LOOK at the shape and size. Its fairly different from any of the other trees. Don't know
what else to tell you.

DeletedUser26154

Colorblind people
That means me.

I have to zoom in real close and look for the tiny apples around the base of the tree. Then I click it. Wait after you click a tree, stay there, to see if another pops up, sometimes they do.

Look for the tiny little apples at the bottom of the tree. Zoom in close to find them.

penguin with devo hat.png

I love this event already.
Penguin with Devo hat.

DeletedUser24425

I'm a little confused about the prizes in the Event window. I see a "Win today's special prize" which at the moment is the SOI and a timer counting down. Then under each basket is a locked grayed out prize box (at the moment a Champion under the 75 basket and Watch Tower under the 100 basket with the same count down.

Are the locked grayed out prizes coming up after the SOI expires, or can you win those prizes now?

*Just thought of another question. What determines the # of apples you find in the wilderness. I've seen 7, 10, and 20. Is it the amount of time it's been "growing" or is it just random?

DeletedUser14197

I'm a little confused about the prizes in the Event window. I see a "Win today's special prize" which at the moment is the SOI and a timer counting down. Then under each basket is a locked grayed out prize box (at the moment a Champion under the 75 basket and Watch Tower under the 100 basket with the same count down.

Are the locked grayed out prizes coming up after the SOI expires, or can you win those prizes now?

*Just thought of another question. What determines the # of apples you find in the wilderness. I've seen 7, 10, and 20. Is it the amount of time it's been "growing" or is it just random?

Pretty sure there is a chance of getting the SOI in each of the baskets. The prize under, if I understand correctly, is also in the basket it is under. If you happened to be able to win one, than you should be able to buy with apples more of that one item.

The apples are random. I have gotten 7, 10, 20 and in a couple of my cities 50 from one tree. My guess is the bunnies and deer have been eating my apples up (just kidding). If you aid, you will occasionally put an apple tree in the person you aid and at the same time you will get one apple.

wolfhoundtoo

Something doesn't seem right to me.

From the event announcement thread:
"When you aid your friends, guildmates and neighbors, there's a chance to plant an apple tree in the wilderness around their city. They can then collect apples from the trees you planted and spend them on the rewards! Every time you successfully plant a tree, you will also receive an apple for yourself."

And, from other posts in this thread, I'm lead to believe that the planting of trees is a random thing. But, it should average out about the same for all players. Correct?

Since the start of this event, my guildmate has been M/P'd 29 times by other players in his neighborhood, with 10 trees planted around his city.
in the same period, I have been M/P'd 21 times and have only had 2 trees planted around my city.
That's pretty extreme for simply random variation.
Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:
Make that 24 and 2 for me, now.

EDIT Again:
it's now 32 and 2 for me,
33 and 11 for him.
He's holding his 1:3 ratio while my 1:12 has dropped to 1:16.
I'm beginning to feel like I'm locked out of the event.

He's doing above average in his city (most people I've talked to say it's about 1 in 5. I'm I think about 1 in 7 at the moment). Unfortunately you are clearly having a bad run of luck.....hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Just so we are clear the you are counting the number of trees you received from your history right and not the number you 'found' in your city? there have been difficulties in seeing some of the trees, etc.

DeletedUser26765

I thought I saw where they refreshed to exchange something. Maybe I read it wrong, but I was wondering if you did not want the item you got than I saw that they could refresh to exchange it. That was what I was trying to understand. I thought we had to accept the thing they gave us. Could have been they were explaining something that I do not know yet. Also how they meant to do it.

DeletedUser14522

XD HA! It happens to me!!!:eek: I have that issue :( but I tried paying attention in the apples in the ground :p , I confuse them with these kind of yellowish trees ...dont know :( Honestly, it is a bit hard to get which ones are the exact ones :(:(
:cool: Happens...
It would have been better if the trees had a shimmer to make it easier to see.

DeletedUser14522

You do NOT place apples in other people's cities (that is how the easter event worked previously to this year) but it is not how it works this year. Every time someone chooses to aid you there is a percentage chance that an apple tree will be planted OUTSIDE OF YOUR CITY. Having decorations is not needed at all. On beta a player even tested to find out if you could get an apple tree if you had no buildings to be aided and noted that it was possible to still receive an apple tree in that situation. If people are planting decorations they either do not understand the mechanism of this particular event (reading the actual announcement is always wise) or they are planting decorations for those people that might drop them if they aren't actually aiding buildings.

NOTE - Unlike the easter event each aid is not going to provide an apple tree so you won't be able to arrange 'trades' the way people did in the easter event. The more you aid the more people you might give apple trees to and the more aids you receive the more apple trees you might get (should result in more apples unless you have horrendous luck).
Even if the situation created were true that "apples were placed in peoples cities," it would not make a difference to the outcomes. The truth of the matter is that some systems within events (the game within the game) are better for some and worse for others. The Fall Event as structured encourages AID participation. The Fall Event encourages 1 hour building cycles, if you have 140 friends and 80 in guild and 80 in the Hood then you will be AIDing 300 people a day which will be very good if you have several 1 hour buildings.
The argument that AIDing creates trouble for me is a poor argument. Buck up and AID everyday it helps the new people and makes it fun for them. Adaptation is the challenge to all gaming. Adapt and overcome. This is our way.

DeletedUser14522

I have just completed reading the Beta forum feedback threads for this new Fall Event and I saw no mention of the question I pose below. So can we get some official clarification on things here please?

Q: The chance that an apple tree appears in the wilderness around our city seems to be directly proportional to the number of M/P clicks or Aid clicks that our city receives. However, what happens if our city has no buildings to AID when another player clicks on the AID button for our city? Is that simply a missed opportunity at a randomly placed apple tree, or will the event still randomly place a tree, even if the player had nothing to AID?

Commentary

If a player completely misses out on a random apple tree placement, due to no buildings available to AID, then this new Fall Event has exactly the same issue that players complained about during the 2015 Easter Event. The 2015 Easter Event had Easter Eggs hidden in decorations within our cities; however, an egg could only be hidden in a decoration that was NOT polished. This meant that in order to have any chance of receiving any special event currency, that a player would have to design his city to include a field of decorations in the hopes that they would never be polished, but that eggs would be hidden there instead.

The player base resoundingly gave feedback that we did not want to have to redesign our cities to include a bunch of unneeded and unwanted decorations just so we had a decent chance of receiving the special event currency, through egg hiding actions. The end result was that the 2016 Easter Event did not have egg hiding actions and trees were randomly placed in our wilderness.

However, if this Fall Event requires that a player must have a building in his city that requires motivation or polish in order to have a random chance at receiving an Apple Tree placed somewhere in the wilderness, then the FoE game designers have learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from their previous mistakes, nor the resoundingly loud feedback the player community gave them.

If a player needs unpolished and/or unmotivated buildings, in order to be able to have a random chance at an Apple Tree placement in his wilderness, this will have exactly the same game impact that a player must redesign his or her city with a field of useless decorations, so that there is always something available to polish or motivate.

Edit...
You are Winterfell. You shall adapt and overcome.

DeletedUser26660

It would have been better if the trees had a shimmer to make it easier to see.

Yes, for us that are red/green colorblind that would certainly help. Even better would have been a great big yellow banana tree, at least I would have had a chance to see that.

DeletedUser25895

He's doing above average in his city (most people I've talked to say it's about 1 in 5. I'm I think about 1 in 7 at the moment). Unfortunately you are clearly having a bad run of luck.....hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Just so we are clear the you are counting the number of trees you received from your history right and not the number you 'found' in your city? there have been difficulties in seeing some of the trees, etc.

I just M/P'd 17 neighbors. I picked up 6 apples. I'm planting trees at 1:3 ratio, the same as my guildmate is getting planted on him. The ratio is the number of trees planted compared to the number of M/Ps as shown in the Event History. I have accounted for all planted trees by finding all that are shown as being planted in the Event History. No extras have been found. The Event History is my source for my claims. A ratio of 1:16 is worse than just a run of bad luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26195

The trees are mind numbingly hard to find. I am never sure if it just didn't generate so each time I refresh the page before looking. Then one has to mouse over almost every damn tree to find it. Often not. So you start again. I am not sure how long I'm going to spend searching for each tree before I just give the game up all together. There is a very thin line between a simple hide and seek challenge and infantile time wasting on a grand scale.

DeletedUser26971

This event is terrible not to mention boring. It took me 32 hours to build enough apples to make 1st purchase. Then I get a hand full of supplies. I can produce 3X the supplies in the same amount of time at my city. If you want to make this event more exciting for the players you need to lower the percentages of supplies and coins. What a disappointment to spend a day and a half for a crappy prize. It is obvious that you goal is to milk the players of diamonds or force players to purchase them to get anything worthwhile. As SirCobia said above, you did not think this one out very well for the players to have fun in this event.

DeletedUser26154

This event is terrible not to mention boring.
Hello ChargerFan14, allow me the honor of applying your first like.
This apple event is wonderful if you know what to look for.
This one is a true give-a-way.
Free Watchfires every few days via the neighborhood cornucopia, along with medals, coins and supplies.
Every time you get a pick-a-nick basket, you get something. And it's free.
You get tons of apples every day if you know what you are doing.
Stick it out, you won't be disappointed. Remember to check outside, around your city for apple trees every hour or so.
Take care.

Algona

Finished the second Ques and got a screen that says wait until tomorrow. Disturbingly, the upper right corner shows 1/16.