• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser26660

Finished the second Ques and got a screen that says wait until tomorrow. Disturbingly, the upper right corner shows 1/16.

I saw that too, should say 2/16 not 1/16. let's see what tomorrows says...maybe 0/16 :)

DeletedUser14197

Yesterday, the drop rate was great. I guess it has to even out. Today it is not good at all. What is the percentage supposed to be. I saw someone said it averages out to 1 out of every 5 or 7, which it did yesterday. Today, I had an entire page on events without a single apple. I guess I could count all my aids in all my cities from the event page and all the apples and probably get a pretty good idea. Or maybe there is a percentage chance, just random. At any rate, it seems like a good event. It does kind of make one want to delete all friends that don't aid and get new ones. It also makes it more profitable to be in a large guild instead of a small one.

DeletedUser26973

Just a suggestion : on the Event History tab, an additional filter to show only tree plantations/donations (they do not show up within the guild, friend or aid events) could be helpful to keep track of in-coming trees.

Algona

Out of 160 or so Aid Events since the start I've gotten 32 Trees. Spot on 20% drop rate.

I did not know we got an apple when we planted a tree on someone else, so was not paying attention until I saw apples accumulating while i was on my Aid run last night. I was on a heater, I planted more than 40, maybe even 50+ out of 170 guildies, hoodies, and friends. So well over 20% there. Prolly even out tonite, but I'll track it this time.

cbalto1927

I have a BIG DOUBT!
Honestly, I dont like aiding my hood because I pluder them XD buahahahaha!! :D:cool::rolleyes:
So, will I get a chance for getting apples when plundering too? because I think I will be loosing gathering free goods, fps, coins and supplies and mainly the use of my Voyager. :eek::eek::eek::(:(:( ooohh!! and my battle amount ... :(
Or will I still get apples? o_O

Ps. I don`t think my hood will aid me :(:(
Well, they do...but I wonder if they will do in this event. XD

I agree, In my hood, we have sort of a cease-fire, a temporary peace during the event in order to maximize the chance of getting apples. I tried to plunder and it didn't work, no apples in return.

DeletedUser26660

I agree, In my hood, we have sort of a cease-fire, a temporary peace during the event in order to maximize the chance of getting apples. I tried to plunder and it didn't work, no apples in return.

Plundering over the apples gives you a far better return...let 'em have it :)

wolfhoundtoo

Even if the situation created were true that "apples were placed in peoples cities," it would not make a difference to the outcomes. The truth of the matter is that some systems within events (the game within the game) are better for some and worse for others. The Fall Event as structured encourages AID participation. The Fall Event encourages 1 hour building cycles, if you have 140 friends and 80 in guild and 80 in the Hood then you will be AIDing 300 people a day which will be very good if you have several 1 hour buildings.
The argument that AIDing creates trouble for me is a poor argument. Buck up and AID everyday it helps the new people and makes it fun for them. Adaptation is the challenge to all gaming. Adapt and overcome. This is our way.

What's that got to do with what he other guy asked? He thought decorations were needed (like the easter event) and they are not needed.

wolfhoundtoo

I just M/P'd 17 neighbors. I picked up 6 apples. I'm planting trees at 1:3 ratio, the same as my guildmate is getting planted on him. The ratio is the number of trees planted compared to the number of M/Ps as shown in the Event History. I have accounted for all planted trees by finding all that are shown as being planted in the Event History. No extras have been found. The Event History is my source for my claims. A ratio of 1:16 is worse than just a run of bad luck.

Actually it's not. Your data sample is frankly too small to conclude that there is a problem with the system. You simply don't like the results of your (since you don't like the phrase bad luck) unfortunate spins upon the random chance wheel. If however you truly believe there is a problem specific to your City then this thread is not where you should be inquiring about this. Right click inside the game and contact support and have them look at your City.

DeletedUser25895

j
Actually it's not. Your data sample is frankly too small to conclude that there is a problem with the system. You simply don't like the results of your (since you don't like the phrase bad luck) unfortunate spins upon the random chance wheel. If however you truly believe there is a problem specific to your City then this thread is not where you should be inquiring about this. Right click inside the game and contact support and have them look at your City.
If I want to whine about it, I will. Nothing you can say will stop that. Any data drawn during the event would be insufficient to draw any final conclusions. Personally, I think it is done to try herding those inclined to do so, into buying diamonds. In the end, it probably will even out at some number in between 1:16 and 1:3. In the mean time, I will continue to collect the apples and vent my frustration if I feel like it, but certainly will not spend any of those apples. Nor will I buy or spend any diamonds either because I think someone is trying to manipulate me in to doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26660

At the end of the 16 daily quests we get a Cider Mill which it says produces apple preserves all year long. What it does not say is what we are supposed to do with these preserves...drink them, turn them into Jam or something similar. Worse still, does this mean the apple trees will be back to torment us :(

DeletedUser14197

My experience with getting trees yesterday and the number of apples I got were very encouraging. Today not so much. If I based my opinion on the results today, I would not be encouraged. In one of my cities, it was aided 50 times and got 5 apple trees. I had 2 entire pages without getting one apple. However, that works out to 1 in 10. What else is a bit discouraging today is that most of the apples I have collected have been for 7 apples. I haven't decided yet if it is worth doing this event in all 6 cities. It takes me awhile to aid in all 6 cities. The first day I aided everyone, but today I only aided those who aided me except in my main city where I still aided everyone. Tomorrow, I do believe I will only aid those who aided me in all my cities to cut down on the time spent aiding. In a couple of days I will decide if I even want to keep doing this event in all my cities. I haven't tried clicking on baskets yet. Maybe if I did, I would feel more driven to keep collecting apples. I don't know. It is strange to go from feeling like this is great, it is a fun event to only one day later feeling like it is boring and I am already tired of it. I think I have checked my cities for apple trees too many times and that has discouraged me. Perhaps I will start checking only a couple times a day.

DeletedUser26660

My experience with getting trees yesterday and the number of apples I got were very encouraging. Today not so much. If I based my opinion on the results today, I would not be encouraged. In one of my cities, it was aided 50 times and got 5 apple trees. I had 2 entire pages without getting one apple. However, that works out to 1 in 10. What else is a bit discouraging today is that most of the apples I have collected have been for 7 apples. I haven't decided yet if it is worth doing this event in all 6 cities. It takes me awhile to aid in all 6 cities. The first day I aided everyone, but today I only aided those who aided me except in my main city where I still aided everyone. Tomorrow, I do believe I will only aid those who aided me in all my cities to cut down on the time spent aiding. In a couple of days I will decide if I even want to keep doing this event in all my cities. I haven't tried clicking on baskets yet. Maybe if I did, I would feel more driven to keep collecting apples. I don't know. It is strange to go from feeling like this is great, it is a fun event to only one day later feeling like it is boring and I am already tired of it. I think I have checked my cities for apple trees too many times and that has discouraged me. Perhaps I will start checking only a couple times a day.

I think you sum it up nicely, it is boring and unlike the Summer event does not encourage me one bit to buy diamonds. Instead I will take the money and go down the pub.

DeletedUser8420

I HAVE HAD WITH IT THE STINKING BLUEPRINTS....ENOUGH Already

After getting one or two of the dang things we should be able to opt out of them. GRRRRRR!!!!!
Once you have your Ob and enough bps to level it past 10 enough!!!

DeletedUser8152

At the end of the 16 daily quests we get a Cider Mill which it says produces apple preserves all year long. What it does not say is what we are supposed to do with these preserves...drink them, turn them into Jam or something similar. Worse still, does this mean the apple trees will be back to torment us :(
If you hover over the Cider Mill picture in the quest window, it shows you that it is a 2x3 supply building.

DeletedUser26154

I HAVE HAD WITH IT THE STINKING BLUEPRINTS....ENOUGH Already

After getting one or two of the dang things we should be able to opt out of them. GRRRRRR!!!!!
Once you have your Ob and enough bps to level it past 10 enough!!!

Dear Cassaundrea.
I feel something is on your mind but you are holding back for some reason.
Please, stop beating around the bush and get to the point.
Thank you.

wolfhoundtoo

j

If I want to whine about it, I will. Nothing you can say will stop that. Any data drawn during the event would be insufficient to draw any final conclusions. Personally, I think it is done to try herding those inclined to do so, into buying diamonds. In the end, it probably will even out at some number in between 1:16 and 1:3. In the mean time, I will continue to collect the apples and vent my frustration if I feel like it, but certainly will not spend any of those apples. Nor will I buy or spend any diamonds either because I think someone is trying to manipulate me in to doing so.

Of course the whole event is designed to encourage the buying of diamonds. This is a for profit enterprise so the whole game is designed that way. So sure seems your issue is the standard one "it isn't fair if I don't get all the good stuff I want for free."

You have the right to whine. I have the right to make sure it is plain that you are whining.