• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Here we are, once again, asking for your feedback concerning the Fall Event. We look forward to hearing your suggestions and thoughts concerning this event.

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Praetorius

fall_oneupkit.png

One Up Kit
Upgrades event buildings one age at a time.
Up to your current age.

fall_storebuilding.png

Store Building

Allows you to put an event building into the inventory.
Unlocked slots will not be saved when military buildings are returned to the inventory.

I'm liking this event already.

Storage Box (SB) and One-Up Kit (OK) the new hot items?

Phebe

We get an event building we can put it in storage? Even after we built it? And is that phone /tablet And pc? Wow! Waiting years to put my nutcracker in storage for the spring and summer!

DeletedUser13967

This looks like it will be a nice event, plus a couple new great prizes!
The apple cider supply building also looks great. :)

glennthenerd

The One-up Kit sounds nice as a mini Renovation Kit. The Store Building sounds very useful; with an Alcatraz, you may want to put your outdated Champions Retreat back in inventory.

DeletedUser23444

o_O Are the game designers feeling okay? Better check their health. They just implemented one of the most often requested ideas from players, that they said never to propose, it wasn't going to happen—Store building.:cool:

:eek: Everyone, the end is nigh, The Mayan Calendar was wrong 2012, really meant 2016. Hell has officially frozen over! :p

DeletedUser8152

o_O Are the game designers feeling okay? Better check their health. They just implemented one of the most often requested ideas from players, that they said never to propose, it wasn't going to happen—Store building.:cool:

:eek: Everyone, the end is nigh, The Mayan Calendar was wrong 2012, really meant 2016. Hell has officially frozen over! :p
Actually it is not on the do-not suggest list, believe it or not. It is requested a lot in some form but I think has never made it to a vote because most of the suggested implementations were pretty easily abusable. The way they've done it here is pretty smart though.

DeletedUser24719

Been playing this event on Beta. Good luck getting said rewards!! Another dull, repetitive event which once again illustrates the amazing creative genius of the INNO devs. Do u people actually get paid for this crap!!

DeletedUser9433

Been playing this event on Beta. Good luck getting said rewards!! Another dull, repetitive event which once again illustrates the amazing creative genius of the INNO devs. Do u people actually get paid for this crap!!
We here at Inno are pleased to hear you are enjoying the FoE experience. To further enhance your gaming pleasure might we suggest you purchase one of our value oriented Diamond paks? Remember in diamond paks, bigger is always better. :)

USDAprimeRib

Nice! I like the new rewards, but I really hope this doesn't mean fewer renovation kits as a reward and more one-up kits instead. They're arguably weaker...unless we get a ton more of them.

DeletedUser23444

I have just completed reading the Beta forum feedback threads for this new Fall Event and I saw no mention of the question I pose below. So can we get some official clarification on things here please?

Q: The chance that an apple tree appears in the wilderness around our city seems to be directly proportional to the number of M/P clicks or Aid clicks that our city receives. However, what happens if our city has no buildings to AID when another player clicks on the AID button for our city? Is that simply a missed opportunity at a randomly placed apple tree, or will the event still randomly place a tree, even if the player had nothing to AID?

Commentary

If a player completely misses out on a random apple tree placement, due to no buildings available to AID, then this new Fall Event has exactly the same issue that players complained about during the 2015 Easter Event. The 2015 Easter Event had Easter Eggs hidden in decorations within our cities; however, an egg could only be hidden in a decoration that was NOT polished. This meant that in order to have any chance of receiving any special event currency, that a player would have to design his city to include a field of decorations in the hopes that they would never be polished, but that eggs would be hidden there instead.

The player base resoundingly gave feedback that we did not want to have to redesign our cities to include a bunch of unneeded and unwanted decorations just so we had a decent chance of receiving the special event currency, through egg hiding actions. The end result was that the 2016 Easter Event did not have egg hiding actions and trees were randomly placed in our wilderness.

However, if this Fall Event requires that a player must have a building in his city that requires motivation or polish in order to have a random chance at receiving an Apple Tree placed somewhere in the wilderness, then the FoE game designers have learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from their previous mistakes, nor the resoundingly loud feedback the player community gave them.

If a player needs unpolished and/or unmotivated buildings, in order to be able to have a random chance at an Apple Tree placement in his wilderness, this will have exactly the same game impact that a player must redesign his or her city with a field of useless decorations, so that there is always something available to polish or motivate.

Edit...
My city has:
  • 12 CE Condominiums, 24-hour coins production = 12 Aid clicks
  • 13 SoKs, all 24-hour coins/FP production = 13 Aid clicks
  • 1 King, 24-hour coins production = 1 Aid click
  • 1 Ziggurat, 1-hour coins production. which I might collect 4-6 times per day = 6 Aid clicks
  • 5 supply production buildings, which I usually set to 8 hour productions = 15 Aid clicks
  • 2 special cultural buildings, 1 premium cultural building, and 11 premium decorations = 28 Aid clicks
  • The rest of my city is goods production buildings, unit production buildings, Wishing wells, and other special buildings that cannot be M/Ped.
This means I can only get a grand total of 75 successful Aid button clicks every 24 hours. If the chance to add an apple tree is tied to M/P or AID, then I am forced to redesign my city to be less efficient, in order to have a chance at scoring anything worthwhile in the special event. In essence, I am getting punished for my good game play by not receiving as many chances to score in this special event, because the number of apple trees I can receive is limited by the number of Aid clicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22004

I would like it be possible for "premium buildings" to be stored as well :rolleyes::rolleyes:....some people are having very good luck whether guild expedition or last Summer Event with some diamond buildings. :cool: I have seen players who have a zeppelin but do not want to delete it due to points it provides among other buildings which are diamond ones. :confused:I guess one you get of those, they should have a relevance as some players do buy some of them. ;):p

DeletedUser22004

If a player needs unpolished and/or unmotivated buildings, in order to be able to have a random chance at an Apple Tree placement in his wilderness, this will have exactly the same game impact that a player must redesign his or her city with a field of useless decorations, so that there is always something available to polish or motivate.

It happens a lot to me, mainly when you have a Dynamic Tower and you are waiting for something to be aided and get a good that you wish :rolleyes:...which also limits you getting an apple as you expect having a change on a specific building to be collected. :confused::confused::mad:
- Also, I agree on the fact that many players have the 8 - hour production buildings which limit chances on aiding when you have the "aid option" available, or not everybody have those tiny decorations in bunches. :p
#CollectInTime #WeNeedMoreAppleChances #MoreExpansions :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser23444

8-hour productions? My city is almost entirely 24-hour collection buildings!

My city has:
  • 12 CE Condominiums, 24-hour coins production = 12 Aid clicks
  • 13 SoKs, all 24-hour coins/FP production = 13 Aid clicks
  • 1 King, 24-hour coins production = 1 Aid click
  • 1 Ziggurat, 1-hour coins production. which I might collect 4-6 times per day = 6 Aid clicks
  • 5 supply production buildings, which I usually set to 8 hour productions = 15 Aid clicks
  • 2 special cultural buildings, 1 premium cultural building, and 11 premium decorations = 28 Aid clicks
  • The rest of my city is goods production buildings, unit production buildings, Wishing wells, and other special buildings that cannot be M/Ped.
This means I can only get a grand total of 75 successful Aid button clicks every 24 hours. If the chance to add an apple tree is tied to M/P or AID, then I am forced to redesign my city to be less efficient, in order to have a chance at scoring anything worthwhile in the special event. In essence, I am getting punished for my good game play by not receiving as many chances to score in this special event, because the number of apple trees I can receive is limited by the number of Aid clicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

So I have to mouse over every tree to see if its an apple tree?

DeletedUser22004

What does this tree look like to you?

Honestly, when you have the whole panorama and colors it is hard to distinguish the red among the green color of the trees. :confused:
By the picture itself I can tell a difference. :cool: But having the whole thing its not that easy..I am expecting that apples are moving just like easter eggs in the Easter Event..they are kind of shaky. :rolleyes:

So I have to mouse over every tree to see if its an apple tree?
On that case, I recommend zooming which has worked to me in Beta Tester Server ;):D:D

DeletedUser23444

I was trying to understand what colorblind folks see when they look at that tree, since I don't know much how things appear to a colorblind person. The feedback might help the devs think about how they implement such things.

Of course that would require that developers actually listen to feedback. The beta forum feedback thread for this event was inundated with replies about how difficult the trees were for many players to spot. And as usual, the beta forum feedback seemed to fall on deaf ears.