• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser27040

That'll be an interesting twist; although it does have bonus quests included to slow you down. Should still be interesting. Does anyone know the stats for the new reward building?

DeletedUser8420

That'll be an interesting twist; although it does have bonus quests included to slow you down. Should still be interesting. Does anyone know the stats for the new reward building?

If you are asking about the 2016 Halloween event - The reward building will be The Haunted Tower - according to Wiki FOE (info subject to change)
The Haunted Tower is a special cultural building released during the Halloween 2016 Event, Oct 20th - Nov 3rd.

The Haunted Tower provides happiness, and when it is polished, its output of happiness is doubled for 12 hours.
Age multiple ages

See the pic (looks pretty cool to me) http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Haunted_Tower

Size 3x3

Building Time 0:00:20

Provides +? or more

Connection Road required

Upgradable Renovation Kit or one up kit required

DeletedUser27040

Awesome, thank you Cassaundrea! The Wiki page wasn't updated earlier.

DeletedUser27064

Current issue: After setting 11 production buildings to 8 hours last night, the game counted only two of them, and that was my two bazaars. I checked in with three friends who play, and all of them had their 8 hour productions counted. I'm the only one with bazaars.

I've read here of people getting 50 apple trees. Mine are consistently 7, with the occasional 10 thrown in. When I do finally have enough apples to open a basket, I've gotten victory towers (4) and watch fires (2). My friend has gotten 5 victory towers. All in a row. She wasn't impressed either.

None of us like this event. If it weren't for the cider mill, we wouldn't be doing the quests.

DeletedUser26154

11 production buildings to 8 hours last night
Hello Sprouting Laughter, the production buildings in question are the Supply production buildings. This point comes up again and again because it's very easy for new or newer players to make that misunderstanding.

I did it too, so I know what it's like. I wish it was easier to convey the information on first read, so we know it's the supply production buildings we need to have running and set for the specific timers, to fulfill that quest. Thank you.

DeletedUser27064

Hello Sprouting Laughter, the production buildings in question are the Supply production buildings. This point comes up again and again because it's very easy for new or newer players to make that misunderstanding.

I did it too, so I know what it's like. I wish it was easier to convey the information on first read, so we know it's the supply production buildings we need to have running and set for the specific timers, to fulfill that quest. Thank you.

They were supply buildings. Buildings that give you supplies. In the building menu they are called "Production buildings." The ones that give you goods are called "Goods buildings." I had 11 building that give supplies set to 8 hours after that quest started. I was given credit in the quest line for 2 of them. The check mark for that quest popped up right after I did the two bazaars. Nothing popped up after I collected from all the others, and I checked and sure enough, still only two.

And ardak kumerin: That wasn't an argument, that was feedback. Why have a feedback thread if feedback isn't wanted?

DeletedUser8152

I had a similar problem with my overnight 8 h productions, but convinced myself I'd probably set them to 4 hours by accident.

DeletedUser27064

I had a similar problem with my overnight 8 h productions, but convinced myself I'd probably set them to 4 hours by accident.

Someone in global chat said it happened to them, and they solved it by refreshing the page.

DeletedUser26323

I'm gonna spout off for a minute;
Inno/FOE, you have made the Fall Apple Event not worth playing. In all honesty, you've made it much worse than what it was initially... even though i got diamonds to buy em, there is no way i would spend em on this..... the apples are not gonna get us over even the first hurdle at 7 each tree when you don't get even the portion that you put in... talking aids... no where near how many showed i deposited apples....lol
and YOU think it's great.... SRY to burst your bubble.... BIG FLOP
TOTAL apples per day 300 MAYBE, so... not a great success ....
Sincerely

DeeezNuhtz

Here we are, once again, asking for your feedback concerning the Fall Event. We look forward to hearing your suggestions and thoughts concerning this event.

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

I cannot find the 'END DATE' for the FALL event.
It is not listed in the original announcement or the update.
It was not listed in any of the announcements, even the latest one that tells us to use our apples by the end date.
There is no clock or end date in the event screen. ????

DeletedUser27040

I cannot find the 'END DATE' for the FALL event.
It is not listed in the original announcement or the update.
It was not listed in any of the announcements, even the latest one that tells us to use our apples by the end date.
There is no clock or end date in the event screen. ????

Check under the '?' in the upper right corner of the event window. It's listed at the bottom of the Event Information page.

DeletedUser26154

I admit mistakes were made by changing the apple trees in the middle of the event.
That's like changing a card game in the middle of a hand.
It wasn't good to have a high amount in the first half, then drastic reduction during second half, regardless of the prize table changes.
More play testing before live release, under better circumstances like that on a live server, would have prevented this.
At the beginning I was getting hundreds of apples a day, now a little more than two big baskets, a day.
That whole perception thing and the switch turned into a giant negative.

Once the contest was rolling it should have been left alone.
Putting giant quest requirements at the end of the quest, with no ability to get any leeway as far as additional days go, was over-challenging.
That conquer a province quest, with the whopper supplies production quests as bread for that sandwich, is a hard hurdle for players.
It would have been nice if there was some cushion in the form of a couple or few more days to continue past the deadline.
This was a tough holiday event.
Maybe Inno will add a few more days at the end so people can catch up.

I still liked the event, a lot of people did and still do, regardless if they finish the quest line.
If you got four somewhat premium buildings from this, with no more investment than you usually put in, then it's not a bad thing.
For those like me who spent money on it, I was disappointed. I wasn't ripped off, but I did better, per dollar spent, on other events.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

I did ok on the event and would probably do it again. However, I can see where if you have bad luck, you can waste all that time and effort for practically nothing. To me, the cider mill is not worth doing the events for and you tend to get mainly victory towers and blueprints from the large basket. I never did the small one. I did end up doing ok in most my cities, but really think it is lame that one can use up 2000 apples and still not open up the locked one. When you consider that one gets apples part of the time, so the number of tries is even greater than the original 2000 apples, than, that gets even more pathetic. I was hoping to unlock the SoK and was planning to use my diamonds to get more, but now, it simply is not going to happen. I am sure SoKs are done for the event and since I have under 100 apples and it takes like forever to increase them, I have lost my drive for aiding and searching.

DeletedUser27046

I cannot find the 'END DATE' for the FALL event
Excuse me if I missed the response to this Q, wait, I think I did see where someone said click on the ? mark in the event window, which will open another window and the date/time is at the bottom, there is also a pretty faded date/time on the box/button that open's the event, you can see it all the time there, can't say for mobile devices, I've heard that some things are hard to see and or can't even get to on those. I'd really like to whine and moan some more about the apples, but I got most of the hideouts that I wanted and one SoK in one city and I think I have 4 store buildings now in one city that doesn't need it, like the other three,, ha, I'll keep the rest of the complaining to my four wall's. cmel8tr, edit: actually it doesn't give the date, just the number of day's and hours left in the event, also you might check out wikia on all kinds of things, including events, they usually have the start and end dates.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

And ardak kumerin: That wasn't an argument, that was feedback. Why have a feedback thread if feedback isn't wanted?
You are right. The ramen bowl came out because I do like the event, and you were speaking for me... "All of us..." So yeah...
Funny picture to the rescue. Everything else you said was pretty solid.

DeletedUser27083

I will only be disappointed with the event if the last day does not have forge points buyable in the small basket, watchfires have been available 4 times but forge points only once early on

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for all your comments. The Fall Event will end on October 6th. You can always check for how much longer an event will run by clicking the '?' button in the upper right corner of the event window.

DeletedUser11463

Overall a great event, but the last quest was very long and I can see that some might not finish it in the 2 days of time. Just some food for thought.
My main question is the cider mill. Pretty good supply building for the size, but why are they stomping apples? I've heard of stomping grapes but apples generally would be too hard to stomp with feet. They use a wood press. Perhaps they are making apple wine??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: