• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser14197

Since you aren't required to do the events you still get to choose. What you actually mean is you can't get what you want out of the event without doing something you don't want to do. Still on you.

His complaint is valid. I have read it here tons of times. I have felt the same way. Sure you can choose, but it still doesn't make it right. You come up with the way you think is best to play the game and than the events mess the whole thing up. Sure, I dont' do all events because of this and that is a choice, but the complaint is valid. The game should encourage one to play the game wisely and should not sabotage it with events. I have pushed myself into higher levels because of events and paid the piper for it. I no longer do it, so the game has encouraged me NOT to do events. The game needs to reads these complaints to see that they are discouraging participation in events because not all people will mess up their game play to do them. I skipped quite a few events so far this year and I skipped them in all my cities. We can add this to the aspects of the game that don't make sense, such as uneven hoods. Valid complaints by players and no good resolution by the game.

wolfhoundtoo

I disagree. Sure it would be nice to have other options but the way it is phrased is ridiculous from my viewpoint. What your complaint comes down to is you "want to eat your cake and have it too". This game is all about choices. The last 2 big events were shaped to allow players to gain significant chances at prizes whether you did all of the quests or not (fall and summer event). The historical quest lines give much less benefit than the major events do. If you want the prize badly enough you complete the quests and adapt your strategy accordingly.

As for the game designers reading these feed back threads I would presume they do so. I've seen enough feed back in the beta forums to know many players give similar comments there as well. However ultimately no one MAKES you do anything. Quit the histrionics about being 'forced' and own the fact that you CHOSE to do the events because you wanted the prize. I'd suggest that reasoned well thought out positions would work better than short random complaints about unfair something is to you. Also remember that they design this game for the masses and not the outliers (people who want to stay at a certain age or who advance significantly on the map past their current age). Also quite frankly I presume they want to encourage players to age up as I assume the diamond revenue is higher for higher ages/eras if for no other reason than access to buy additional expansions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

I disagree. Sure it would be nice to have other options but the way it is phrased is ridiculous from my viewpoint. What your complaint comes down to is you "want to eat your cake and have it too". This game is all about choices. The last 2 big events were shaped to allow players to gain significant chances at prizes whether you did all of the quests or not (fall and summer event). The historical quest lines give much less benefit than the major events do. If you want the prize badly enough you complete the quests and adapt your strategy accordingly.

As for the game designers reading these feed back threads I would presume they do so. I've seen enough feed back in the beta forums to know many players give similar comments there as well. However ultimately no one MAKES you do anything. Quit the histrionics about being 'forced' and own the fact that you CHOSE to do the events because you wanted the prize. I'd suggest that reasoned well thought out positions would work better than short random complaints about unfair something is to you. Also remember that they design this game for the masses and not the outliers (people who want to stay at a certain age or who advance significantly on the map past their current age). Also quite frankly I presume they want to encourage players to age up as I assume the diamond revenue is higher for higher ages/eras if for no other reason than access to buy additional expansions.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think it is lame of the game. If they want to encourage people to do the events, they have achieved the opposite. Personally, I don't find the prizes worth doing for the mini events most of the time. HOWEVER, if it didn't have scout or tech, I would do the quests just because I enjoy doing quests. As a rule of thumb the end prize goes in inventory to "sit out its days", not in isolation, by any means. My cider mill is there that I won from the last event in the one city of 6 that I finished the events, and I only finished there because I accidentally visited my continent map having already set scout and felt I might as well not let the scout go to waste, might as well collect the rest of the apples.

By the way just because the game makes one choose, does not mean it was a good idea for the game to make them choose.

wolfhoundtoo

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think it is lame of the game. If they want to encourage people to do the events, they have achieved the opposite. Personally, I don't find the prizes worth doing for the mini events most of the time. HOWEVER, if it didn't have scout or tech, I would do the quests just because I enjoy doing quests. As a rule of thumb the end prize goes in inventory to "sit out its days", not in isolation, by any means. My cider mill is there that I won from the last event in the one city of 6 that I finished the events, and I only finished there because I accidentally visited my continent map having already set scout and felt I might as well not let the scout go to waste, might as well collect the rest of the apples.

By the way just because the game makes one choose, does not mean it was a good idea for the game to make them choose.

I'd wager that people pay to do the scouting quests at times given the delays. why else include them despite quite a few 'requests' posted in the forums? Alternatively they may (either correctly or incorrectly) believe that short term goals drive players to become more involved. The quests are clearly designed for mass market consumption so must have a value to the developers view of the game.

DeletedUser14197

I'd wager that people pay to do the scouting quests at times given the delays. why else include them despite quite a few 'requests' posted in the forums? Alternatively they may (either correctly or incorrectly) believe that short term goals drive players to become more involved. The quests are clearly designed for mass market consumption so must have a value to the developers view of the game.

I'm sure they do have a purpose and at one point they probably did drive me to progress, but they don't anymore. What I think would be nice, though perhaps it wouldn't work. I haven't thought it out enough to know if it would hurt their diamond sales. But, I think it would be nice if they had an event map people could use if they needed to for events. Perhaps it could have a cost to access. It could have continents to scout with times similar to the age the person is in. Same with negotiations, infiltrations and battles. They could all be similar to those on the map of the age of the player. Perhaps they could make it so one could only access it once they got to a set level. Like I said, I haven't really thought it all out, and I really do not even know all the issues or if this would hurt their sales.

DeletedUser25273

Events provide a bonus to people who are willing to the things the event asks people to do. My experience is that many of the things the events ask you to do are things a person playing in the 'Normal' course of play, and some things that might not be 'Normal' but if you think about it can do for a nominal cost, and perhaps learn a new technique you can use.

Yes, the event tend to 'force' you to be doing at least some normal progression, and that can cause some people problems. I've at times gotten too far ahead on the continent map, and some of the request get hard.

DeletedUser14197

Well, if they want to convince me to progress in any of my cities, they are simply going to have to dangle some pretty good bait in front of me. Most of hte mini events, simply don't do it. I would happily do the quests, except the tech and province ones though for simply the random prizes if they would allow us to skip those. It doesn't matter to me. If the bait is good enough, I would see if I could do all the quests. If not, I simply do quests till I hit scout or tech and than quit. I can see both sides, but still feel like the events sometimes mess up someones legitimate playing style by forcing them to progress further than they are ready to do if they want to do the event. Actually the events themselves have caused me at times to slow my progression. I have gotten tech ready and let it sit till I used it for the event. I have set a territory to scout or a province ready to take and than quit my map until they were needed for an event. So events do not necessarily encourage one to progress. I have put things on hold because of events quite a few times, actually more often than causing me to progress further than I wanted to do.

Zatrikon

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if this has been brought up yet. In fact, I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread for an event which is over. But here's the thing:

The Cider Mill has no sound effect. That's it. No big deal, but it would be nice and fun. All the other event production buildings have sound effects. I figure either:

Cider being poured into a glass.
The distinctive sound of biting into an apple.
Someone else suggested, apples being crushed in a press and the juice dripping into the barrel.