• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FALL EVENT: Progress and Strategies

Nicholas002

2020-09-01 11_02_04-Book2 - Excel.png
Fall Event Strategies

With the Fall Event just around the corner, I thought it would be apt to start this strategy/ progress thread, where we can share ideas, strategy, and accomplishments, separate from the feedback thread.

I have never participated fully in previous Fall Events, so many of you may have much better insights than I do. I would love to hear from you! I did play the event a bit on beta, though, and perused the Beta forum and various other sites. Here is some of the more important/useful info collected in one place. I hope you find it helpful. (note: this assumes that you have read the announcement, and are somewhat familiar with the event mechanics).

For easier access to the Harvest Farm Sets spreadsheet, I will post the link HERE, at the top.

Collect incidents every day, you will get more free ingredients

Do all daily challenges.

Only use your ingredients when there is a daily special that you really want, otherwise you are wasting half their value.

Complete rush quests as soon as you can, since a good daily special may come up early.

That being said, you will not lose daily quests if you don’t finish the rush quests on the first day.

since there will be two parallel rush quest-lines, it is recommended to look ahead at what they are, and try to line up certain tasks, esp. long productions, so you can kill two birds with one stone

Tips for quests:

here are some tips and tricks for completing quests easily.

collect coins/supplies: build and sell buildings esp. from inventory. Do GE. do UBQ. use coin/supply rushes.

defeat units: if you are not a strong fighter, use 8 artillery in a fight with slow units. then kill some, and retreat without taking losses, and repeat till the quest is complete.

recruit units: do GE. every 4th encounter rewards units.

gain population: build and sell barracks (archers are 2x2 with ~ 105 population)

gain happiness: redo your roads, or build and delete memorial decorations (fast and free)

make enthusiastic: use tavern boost
Legal disclaimer brought to you by the law firm of Barkas and Darn: Any and all daily special prizes released on beta, are subject to change at the sole and arbitrary discretion of INNO Games. No whining on the forums about change in daily special is permitted without the express written consent of Ragu Silvertongue. "Barkas and Darn, Attorneys you can swear by, not at."
Day 1 September Cottage Selection Kit

Day 2 Wishing Well

Day 3 Sentinel Outpost Upgrade Kit

Day 4 Pond of Fall

Day 5 Cider Mill Selection Kit

Day 6 Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit

Day 7 Shrine of Knowledge

Day 8 Tactician's Tower Upgrade Kit

Day 9 Wishing Well Shrink Kit

Day 10 Mill of Fall Selection Kit

Day 11 September Cottage Selection Kit

Day 12 Gigantic Medals

Day 13 Rogue Hideout

Day 14 Sentinel Outpost Level 1

Day 15 Forest of Fall

Day 16 Hall of Fame Selection Kit

Day 17 Cider Mill Selection Kit

Day 18 Renovation Kit

Day 19 Mill of Fall Selection Kit

Day 20 Tactician's Tower Level 1

Day 21 Wishing Well Shrink Kit

Day 22 One Up Kit
The most interesting daily specials for most players will be the September cottage selection kit, the cider mill selection kit, sentinel outpost and the sentinel upgrade kit. (mill of fall will be there too, but it is somewhat obsolete) For diamond farmers, the wishing well and shrink kit will appear.

Different from other events, it may not always be wise to go for the recipe with the highest daily special per cost ratio: you also have to keep an eye on which ingredients you have the most of, and choose recipes accordingly, trying to keep your ingredients more or less even. It is no use to have lots of apples at the end of the event, and not have any available recipes that use apples. The best may be to bake the highest DS/cost ratio recipes early in the event, and then nearing the end of the event, make sure to even them.

My plan is to save all my ingredients until the September cottage kits show up, and spend enough to get 7 (enough to max it). The cottage kits should appear twice. Then, I will spend whatever I have left on the sentinel outposts or upgrades.
see my spreadsheet HERE which gives an overview of some of the best sets you can build. I gathered the info from various sources scattered around the internet, not all of which can be linked here.

The main prize, the Harvest Farm Set, is quite interesting. The set is the most versatile of any set in the game, and you can highly customize it to your liking. If you want an overall awesome production, you can build the developer’s design. If you want more FPs, there are options to increase FP production by building certain fields. If you want an insanely good attack setup, there are many different attack-based sets you can build with certain fields, without the barn.

The one problem is that to get the set you want, you may need to spend diamonds. Even the dev’s suggested set will likely require diamonds to complete. Many players will be outraged by this, but it is very possible to get a set that is much better than most main event buildings, without spending diamonds, even if you don’t finish the event!

Field only strategy

It is possible to build this set without the barn, and many players may like the fields only setup better than the one with the barn. To get more fields, use the league reward selection kits for fields, and not barn upgrades. Two of the fields, the wheat field and the Ochre Yard, give very efficient boosts to your attacking army, when they are connected to other fields. Thus, you can make extremely efficient attack setups and chains, both with and without diamonds. There are also possibilities for FP setups, though these are more difficult, as one of the FP fields requires a road connection, and the other one needs to be connected to 3, and not just 2 unique fields.
start of event: 10
main quests: 54

daily quests: 42

milestone: 20
daily login: 21
Daily challenges: 42
=========== 189
+ incidents

In order to get the 220 ingredients required for 11 tables (grand prizes), you need 31 ingredients from incidents. This means 1.5 incidents per day.
From quests:
- 1 farm lvl 1
- 1 farm upgrade
-2 fields selection kits

From leagues:
- bronze= 1 Farm selection kit (you can pick a barn, upgrade, or field)
or
- silver= 2 Farm selection kits (you can pick a barn, upgrade, or field)

Grand Prizes:
- 4 fields selection kits at 1st, 3rd, 7th and 9th
- 1(2) barn upgrades at 5th (and 11 th)
1.Harvest Fields Selection Kit

2. 50 FP

3.Harvest Fields Selection Kit

4. WW

5.Harvest Barn Upgrade

6.Reno kit

7.Harvest Fields Selection Kit

8.SoK

9.Harvest Fields Selection Kit

10.WW Shrink Kit

11.Harvest Barn Upgrade

12. Medals

13.Harvest Fields Selection Kit

14.Tact tower

15.Harvest Fields Selection Kit

16.Store

17.Harvest Barn Upgrade

18.Harvest Barn Lvl 1

This event promises to be very interesting, with some great daily specials, and awesome main prize possibilities. Because of the set versatility, this event favors both the diamond buyer, and the casual player that doesn’t even finish the event. There are amazing possibilities for both!

Enjoy the event, and comment below your thoughts on the event, and any strategies you have.

I am very interested if there are better sets that I missed.

Wobblist

Think imma go with the standard set for now.
As a new city it makes the most sense. I know 40-60% att is hard to pass down, but at the moment 20FP added to my daily collection is even harder to pass on. Only having a lvl 7 Zeus on the ground makes my fighting already mediocre, and there isn't a set piece out there that gives 20FP. It also allows me to get rid of plenty of residential and cultural buildings and hopefully even my oracle. It will still give a good att bonus for a new city.. snd the best part is I'm sure next year the fall event will have these as a daily special, so I'll just focus those when the time comes since my military bonuses are mediocre already. FP production is my priority at the moment, and yeah your other thread about the FP power creep may be true but 20FP is the best set to date and to me it would be dumb to pass on it as it'll help me so much more in the long run with building my reserve and enabling me to power level my GB's. After halloween I'll have like 100FP daily collection which I think is a great setup for growing.. then my focus will turn to military after my GB's for att are levelled properly, I have a traz and all that. Im sure the future events will have similar options for military bonuses. Just my 2 cents as a new city and new player. People beat on the set too much but thats for more advanced cities.. it scared new cities away from it when in reality it's a great set for a starter city, even at the cost of diamonds.

Nicholas002

Yeah, the barn set is good for new cities for sure. Just consider one more thing though: how many FPS would the extra 48%/16% give you from GBg?
for some people, it would be lots, for others , none. Just keep that in mind, because in the right guild, maybe you could have the FPs and the attack!

Wobblist

With enough goods, you can negotiate GBG and GE easily every week. Why not settle for FPs for now, as well as 50 goods a day to buipd up a reserve? I'll most likely spend diamonds for an extra 2 sets too, which may make for a reasonable outcome for opting out of simply the attack set.

WinnerGR

I should be able to do 10 Quests today by leaving my productions uncollected and by doing the 4 normal rush quests then the first of each parallel rush quest line but then the first parallel quest line stumps me from going further today ( GMT and not getting up at stupid o'clock just to collect productions ) but then I can do 4 more of the second parallel rush quest line ( 5 in total [ of that parallel quest line , 10 in total of all quests ] ) as the quest I would now be on ( in both parallel rush quest lines ) would be 'Finish an 8-hour production' and I think the first parallel set has another condition too thats not too difficult if I leave all my daily productions uncollected.

On another note I wondered weather players with there DS reset clock at the same time ( or just after ) the start of the Fall Event would get a DS chest with Fall goods e.g. cinnamon?

Nicholas002

I should be able to do 10 Quests today by leaving my productions uncollected and by doing the 4 normal rush quests then the first of each parallel rush quest line but then the first parallel quest line stumps me from going further today ( GMT and not getting up at stupid o'clock just to collect productions ) but then I can do 4 more of the second parallel rush quest line ( 5 in total [ of that parallel quest line , 10 in total of all quests ] ) as the quest I would now be on ( in both parallel rush quest lines ) would be 'Finish an 8-hour production' and I think the first parallel set has another condition too thats not too difficult if I leave all my daily productions uncollected.
you should be able to finish the rush quests today (that's my goal, so I can get some September cottages).
On another note I wondered weather players with there DS reset clock at the same time ( or just after ) the start of the Fall Event would get a DS chest with Fall goods e.g. cinnamon?
If the DS timer is after the event starts, you get the choice of ingredients from the DS prizes.

WinnerGR

you should be able to finish the rush quests today (that's my goal, so I can get some September cottages).
Yess Yess but timezones make production quests harder for me ( not trying to make any feedback or a complaint as I suppose its 'my own fault' becuase I live in the UK.
If the DS timer is after the event starts, you get the choice of ingredients from the DS prizes.
I shall keep that in mind for the next event.

Just got the free ingredients from Inno :) ( the emailed ones )

Nicholas002

Yess Yess but timezones make production quests harder for me ( not trying to make any feedback or a complaint as I suppose its 'my own fault' becuase I live in the UK.
sorry bud. UK time day 1 is 9am to 9am.
that's a lot nicer than US time, which is 4am to 4am.

WinnerGR

sorry bud. UK time day 1 is 9am to 9am.
that's a lot nicer than US time, which is 4am to 4am.
Oh yeah but I had important work calls 9-12 and the 1-3:30 + lunch break so I started the first rush quest at about 3:40 which means an eight hour production is 1am . But yeah if I hadn't had those important calls I probably could have done all the rush quests in one day ( I havn't looked through thme all too see weather there might be any big bumbers but you know what I mean ).

Again I am not saying this is although Innos fault although and that is why I am putting it in this lovly thread you have created
Im honestly just gonna sell it and try to get the major rewards and such instead
Maybe try and save up for a better DS , like the fields or sentimental stuff , they are what I am aiming for .

WinnerGR

the field are what I want to sell its to big with not much gain
Seriously ?
@Nicholas002 has made some awesome sets in the link in the OP , even the ones that don't require diamonds are really good.
That attack set #2 1.3 ( rounded ) for attacking army per square and 0.4 ( rounded) per square for defending army so lets say 1.7% per square ( rounded and the same total value as the #1 set just the split of attacking army and defding army different ).
No put that in a comparison with a L10 Zues , which gives 5 per square with thousands of FPs needed to make.
Think about that ?

I am not saying I plan to get the full attack set #2 but I plan to get a very good chunk of it ( I have done the math and the two of the pieces are not worth it for me , as in I have better stuff that I would have to sell to make room for them ).

-

I am looking forward to seeing some $$$ players getting Attack set #5 for app.54k diamonds in their cities. ;)

Last edited: