• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall event strategy to maximize FP income (no diamonds)

• Thread starter DeletedUser32824
  • Start date

DeletedUser32824

I like to maximize my FP income each event and I can say that the summer event was the most successful for me by far with a royal ship, lvl 6 ship, 4 Sunken Treasures, and 11 SOKs.

This is where I'd like to hear strategy feedback from you guys about how to accomplish this, and later I'll probably crunch some numbers!

Here is what I'm thinking so far:
  • Obtain Colorful Mill (3 FP/day at 3x3). I think obtaining another colorful mill would be close to impossible without spending loads of diamonds, but getting the base one only requires 3 more upgrades from grand prizes, which I feel like should be very easy.
  • Bake items only on days a cider mill or upgrade kit is available. Alternatively you could go for SOKs. The tradeoff is coin collection, more roads and unplunderable vs. no coins, less roads, but plunderable(and 1 less FP per 5 wins). Also, the SOKs would allow you to guarantee a maximized FP output per win, whereas the cider mill will not create an FP if you win just the mill. (maybe I'm leaning toward SOK)
  • Collect SOK fragments (I'm not sure how one accomplishes this just yet or if you can choose between SOK and WW)
What I'm not sure about this event is the efficiency of which thing to bake, because it's going to be so dependent on your ingredients. You won't be able to cook Snickerdoodles each time you want to spend just 1 ingredient. What I do like about the desserts is that the percentages are mostly equal, so within a tier (3, 2 and 1 star) it really doesn't matter which one you bake, and it seems like each ingredient gives you about a 5% increased shot at winning a daily special, so baking a 3 star 3 times is probably better than a 1 star 9 times as far as chances go.

I'm curious to see what you guys think!

DeletedUser35195

I’m all about FP production too, so my preference will be winning SOK’s over the colorful mill. One win of an SOK = 1 FP, vs buildings like the colorful mill.

And my priority for choosing what to bake will be based upon:

- First, greatest percentage
- Second, attractive prizes
- Third, what item uses ingredients I have a lot of

But, greatest percentage must take into account higher costs too. So, dividing raw percentage by number of ingredients, you arrive at the following percentage per ingredient spent:

7% - Snickerdoodles
6% - Chocolate Fudge Brownies
6% - Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
6% - Pumpkin Spice Cookies
6% - chocolate chip cookies
5.5% - Pumpkin apple muffins
5.3% - apple pie
5.3% - pumpkin apple cobbler
5% - Pumpkin caramel cheesecake
5% - Caramel apples
5% - apple jam
5% - caramel bites
5% - Chocolate caramel cinnamon roll
5% - Pumpkin Pie
5% - Chocolate cake

So, snickerdoodles every time, or the next best option to maximize chances.

If all three options are the same % calculated above, next is attractive prizes besides the daily. The only things that interest me are SOK fragments and FPs. One could also be interested in Wishing Well fragments too, but I don’t plan to have (many) WWs in my main city. More math is needed to determine if you can win more SOK fragments going for the 1 ingredient recipes or the 3 ingredient ones, but it appears to be equal between the 3 tiers.

I suppose consideration also should be made about if getting more prizes is better than fewer. 9 1-star recipes gets you 9 prizes, while 3 3-star recipes gets you 3. Are those 3 prizes that much better than the 9 prizes you could win? Probably not—most are practically worthless to me—but they could be a deciding factor as well.

DeletedUser29726

1) There is no way in this event to prioritise winning colorful mills - the number of bases/upgrades are solely from grand prizes which are based solely on spending your ingredients - the only way to get more mills is to spend diamonds and get more of something else as well, and the only way not to complete 1 mill is to miss a significant amount of the ingredients available.

2) You do need to pay a fair amount of attention to balancing ingredient use - it probably should be at least the 2nd highest priority as being stuck with a bunch of something you can't use up is a much bigger deal than choosing a 6%/ing chance over a 5%/ing chance.

3) My personal priority list for my VF world targetting premium houses from the chest:
20.0% Pumpkin Apple Muffin - Apple Pumpkin
17.1% Snickerdoodle - Cinnamon
14.5% Caramel Bites - Caramel
12.1% Chocolate Chip Cookies - Chocolate
9.9% Chocolate Cinnamon Bread - Chocolate Cinnamon
7.9% Chocolate Fudge Brownies - Chocolate Caramel
6.2% Pumpkin Spice Cookies - Pumpkin
4.6% Apple Jam - Apple
3.3% Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake - Pumpkin Caramel
2.2% Caramel Apples - Apple Caramel
1.3% Apple Pie - Apple Apple Cinnamon
0.7% Chocolate Caramel Cinnamon Rolls - Chocolate Caramel Cinnamon
0.2% Chocolate Cake - Chocolate Chocolate Caramel
Never Chosen:
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Apple Cobbler

The percentages are the *expected* amount of time your nth choice is available and none of the choices above it are - RNG will move a few items up the list at times probably.

From 100 ingredients this would get my target chest 13.5 times for an expected 2 premium houses using 20 apples, 20 pumpkins, 21 chocolate, 20 cinnamon, 20 caramels (yes this adds to 101, rounding ;)) Incidentally 100 ingredients costs ~8200 diamonds so buying diamonds to chase premium houses would make no sense - you'd need to still want more specials and grand prizes.

Notably this list is not significantly worse than my attempt at a balanced special chance ordered list in terms of numbers of specials expected to be won. Partly this is due to snickerdoodles being very highly ranked anyways because there's a lot of cinnamon to use up if you're not using it in your main chest (it mostly occurs in 3 ingredient recipes that you naturally avoid unless they're your target chest). Also partly because it's unavoidable to have some highly ranked caramel recipes to use it up even though caramel recipes aren't great in terms of special chance overall.

4) I'm unsure what daily special days I'll be doing my baking - probably some on rogue shrink kit day. I haven't seen much else of use to an endgame city. I could see going for upgraded cider mills on less developed cities. Maybe unupgraded cider mills for daily challenge purposes.

DeletedUser26120

If you were using diamonds and got all 122 ingredients from event, how many do you think you'd need to spend for a second mill?

Assuming you buy the 2450 packages, that is. 6 of each ingredient.

DeletedUser32328

If you were using diamonds and got all 122 ingredients from event, how many do you think you'd need to spend for a second mill?

Assuming you buy the 2450 packages, that is. 6 of each ingredient.

Anybody correct me if I am wrong, but here are my calculations:
The 122 ingredients, give you 122 stars. Meaning you get 8 grand prizes (GP) and have a remainder of 2 stars before starting to use diamonds.

3 upgrades from the grand prizes are received through the questline. Assuming the GPs alternate between upgrade and something else, you need GP #1, #3 and #5 for your first Colorful Mill.
For your second mill, you need 6 upgrades. So GP #7, #9, #11, #13, #15 and #17.
So that's 9 more GPs to be won, which requires 133 ingredients. Which is best done through buying 4 times 36 30 ingredients for 2450 diamonds each. Plus 1 pack of 15 ingredients for 1400 diamonds So that comes to 9800 11200 diamonds.

Of course, if you're spending that many diamonds you may end up in the professional league. Then you only need to go to GP# 15. This equates to 103 ingredients, which can be bought with 3 packs of 36 30 ingredients, ie a total of 7350 8750 diamonds.

In any case, I am nowhere near in terms of farmed diamonds to go for a 2nd one. :)

Edit: corrected for 5 types of ingredients iso 6. Thanks @xivarmy for pointing this out. Also this does not take into account ingredients gained from DC/incidents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

Wow seems expensive. I just bought some for what was likely the last time and was wondering if I'd be better off waiting until another event.

Sure it's 0.33fp per tile which is super rare but seems like summer or spring would give me a bigger bang for my buck, so to speak. :)

And since I plan to play for years I don't mind waiting for the long game. What do you think?

I know there's also something to be said for having a early start on fps+goods production. I can't decide!

Zorskog by the way - world age matters in those decisions. :D

DeletedUser29726

Error in above math : the 2450 diamonds is for a *30* pack of ingredients (5 types times 6). so the 133 situation would involve adding in an extra 15 pack (1400 diamonds) for a total of 11300.

and the 103 ingredient situation would also involve an extra 1400 for 8750 diamonds.

but... you can get some amount of ingredients from daily challenge and incidents with luck as well - that may make up for the extra 1400. If you're incredibly lucky with your incidents you might even get it down to 6300 (would need 28 found - which isn't that far past 1 per day from incidents + 4 expected from daily challenge, seems *thinkable* but lucky)

DeletedUser32824

Dursland, I would personally save the diamonds for an event where you can win upgrades with the daily challenge, letting luck play into a little bit you might be able to score another fully upgraded event building for much fewer diamonds (think tholos event or pillar of heroes).

DeletedUser35256

I have Cider Mills and upgrades still in my inventory from last fall event. Do I really want to build all of them though?

DeletedUser26120

Dursland, I would personally save the diamonds for an event where you can win upgrades with the daily challenge, letting luck play into a little bit you might be able to score another fully upgraded event building for much fewer diamonds (think tholos event or pillar of heroes).
They didn't have the base idols for special in beta but did have them on live.

Could be same here. If they get mills on the specials I'm getting them. :)

@AVeljacic the fully upgraded mill (3x6 one) is 4fps in 18 tiles. And the goods production option isn't bad either. It's not quite as good as shrine of knowledge, and doesn't produce as many goods as terrace farm either but if you have space and nothing else to fill it then it's worthwhile.

There is still room for improvement so maybe there will be another upgrade in the future, you could hold on to them instead.

DeletedUser29726

They didn't have the base idols for special in beta but did have them on live.

Could be same here. If they get mills on the specials I'm getting them. :)

@AVeljacic the fully upgraded mill (3x6 one) is 4fps in 18 tiles. And the goods production option isn't bad either. It's not quite as good as shrine of knowledge, and doesn't produce as many goods as terrace farm either but if you have space and nothing else to fill it then it's worthwhile.

There is still room for improvement so maybe there will be another upgrade in the future, you could hold on to them instead.

The 3x6 one does produce as many goods as terrace farms in less space.

DeletedUser32328

Wow seems expensive. I just bought some for what was likely the last time and was wondering if I'd be better off waiting until another event.

Sure it's 0.33fp per tile which is super rare but seems like summer or spring would give me a bigger bang for my buck, so to speak. :)

And since I plan to play for years I don't mind waiting for the long game. What do you think?

I know there's also something to be said for having a early start on fps+goods production. I can't decide!

Zorskog by the way - world age matters in those decisions. :D

Yeah, not an easy decision.
And of course, the nice by-product of spending those diamonds is that you get an estimated extra 5 daily specials. So could be 5 more SoK's or a Prosperous Cider Mill.

DeletedUser26120

Someone just told me they made 500+ fp hunting for renovation kits. Looking forward to rogue shrink kit day.

DeletedUser32824

Done with all the available quests. City is back to normal and it only took a little over a day. Now I'm trying to do it on my alt world before the next WW day!

DeletedUser35894

I looked, but didn’t see a list of the daily specials other than what was in the beta. It would be great to look ahead to know when to save and when to start using all the baking items. Thanks

DeletedUser29726

I looked, but didn’t see a list of the daily specials other than what was in the beta. It would be great to look ahead to know when to save and when to start using all the baking items. Thanks

In general special lists aren't made available for events. Servers in other timezones can reliably used to see the next prize a little early but that's it. The leaked special list for the Tholos event was an anomaly - they don't like us to be able to plan for what's still coming.