• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted Faster negotiation animations

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arklur

Proposal:
Make it possible to speed up (disable?) the animation when doing negotiations.

Reason:
After hundreds and thousands of negotiations, it's very annoying that you need to wait seconds for the animation to finish, adds nothing to the gaming experience.

Details:
Similarly how you can change the speed of fighting, you should be able to change the speed of animations when doing negotiations. I think even disabling it could be an option, making it (close to) instant.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
Since everyone can disable it, it wouldn't cause balance issues.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Many people avoid doing negs because it's much slower compared to (auto) battles. Speeding up the process would make people more willing to do negotiations,

Agent327

Since this is not just GBG I will leave it.

Two things:
1. You don't know if more people will start to negotiate if you speed it up. I for want would not. I dislike the negotiations.
2. Don't think speeding up the animation will make much of a difference. In the end it all comes down to you picking the right goods. You figuring out what to use will cause the biggest factor when it comes to speed.

Arklur

Since this is not just GBG I will leave it.

Two things:
1. You don't know if more people will start to negotiate if you speed it up. I for want would not. I dislike the negotiations.
2. Don't think speeding up the animation will make much of a difference. In the end it all comes down to you picking the right goods. You figuring out what to use will cause the biggest factor when it comes to speed.

1. I didn't say with this change people will do nothing but negs, only that it's more likely people will do or will do more. There are people on the fence when it comes doing negs, they might need just a small push like this one. Those who dislike/hate doing negs obviously won't change their mind because of this, but that's not the goal. If only 1% of the (active) people do (more) negs, it's still a win. And those who neg for the team, would like it, that's for sure.

2a) It almost takes longer (or at least very close) for the animation to finish (on PC; on mobile it's a bit faster) than me picking the goods, so it would almost half the time I need. But let's say just 25%, I would call it a pretty decent decrease.
2b) You say it like doing negs has nothing to do with luck. Yes, it's mostly knowledge with 4-5 option negs, but with 6, it's almost a coinflip situation. Even if you are doing your best, it can take 3-4 negs (or more) to get it done. After enough negs, you don't really think much about picking goods, you learn the patterns and pick the goods based on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

1. I didn't say with this change people will do nothing but negs, only that it's more likely people will do or will do more.

That is really only an assumption. You just do not know, so it isn't a valid argument.

There are people on the fence when it comes doing negs, they might need just a small push like this one. Those who dislike/hate doing negs obviously won't change their mind because of this, but that's not the goal. If only 1% of the (active) people do (more) negs, it's still a win.

Why? What does it matter how you get the job done? Why should people do more negs? It is easier to get units than it s to get goods and you lose way less units than you lose goods. Besides that negotiating in GBG only gives you 3 attempts. It is harder anyhow and speeding it up does not change that.

2a) It almost takes longer (or at least very close) for the animation to finish (on PC; on mobile it's a bit faster) than me picking the goods, so it would almost half the time I need. But let's say just 25%, I would call it a pretty decent decrease

Don't know what kind of PC you have. Animation does not take that long for me at all and speeding it up will hardly make a difference.

2b) You say it like doing negs has nothing to do with luck. Yes, it's mostly knowledge with 4-5 option negs, but with 6, it's almost a coinflip situation. Even if you are doing your best, it can take 3-4 negs (or more) to get it done. After enough negs, you don't really think much about picking goods, you learn the patterns and pick the goods based on that.

And that's why speeding up the animation will hardly make a difference.

I get it you like doing negotiations and want as much players as possible to like them. I just don't think that will happen.

Ebeondi Asi

The PC version is much slower than Mobile version for end of Negotiations. It is odd how I can see the Quest neg area respond immediately, yet the pop up for the end takes several seconds...

Arklur

I get it you like doing negotiations and want as much players as possible to like them. I just don't think that will happen.

You made this assumption because I come up with an idea about it? I don't like doing negs, there isn't much you can like doing it. You do negs because it gives 2 advances not just 1. You know that, right? And as I mentioned, with low SC support, it can be a key to do negs not battles in order to win against a strong opponent.

RoyalAdnan

i use an old hardware (PC) and i can see how slow negotiations animations can be.
the moment other people are doing 2-5 fights with auto, i myself wait for the animations to load up faster.
and if i don't complete it with 3 turns i mostly spend diamonds for my 4th attempt in GBG (especially).
I presumed that it had something to do with the internet connection
but negotiation animations are lot faster in mobile devices using the same internet connection
if those animations were faster i'm sure players who negotiate and SC bonus will definitely try to negotiate faster
and capture those sectors before another guild trying to capture it solely by fighting.

Agent327

You made this assumption because I come up with an idea about it? I don't like doing negs, there isn't much you can like doing it. You do negs because it gives 2 advances not just 1. You know that, right? And as I mentioned, with low SC support, it can be a key to do negs not battles in order to win against a strong opponent.

And by fighting I can get more advances way faster than you will ever be by doing negotiations. You can not win against a strong opponent by doing negotiations. They will outfight you any time. Once you come to the point where negotiating is a must, speed has become irrelevant.

Emberguard

but negotiation animations are lot faster in mobile devices using the same internet connection
While possible it might not be the connection, that could still potentially be internet connection based. My computer is not as strong as my mobile devices when it comes to internet connection, in the same room, on everything I do on the internet (not just Forge of Empires). My mobile devices are also not equal in how far away from the house they can go before they lose connection (on the same connection). You'd need to know what speed and stability your computer has compared to your mobile device to make a proper comparison

Pericles the Lion

I only negotiate for Castle points and quests so the speed of the animations is not an issue for me. However, the speed of the animations when aiding affect most of us. We're not going to get an "aid all" feature but if the coin animation (aiding) and silver animation (tavern visit) could be accelerated or deactivated it would improve the game experience.

Agent327

We're not going to get an "aid all" feature but if the coin animation (aiding) and silver animation (tavern visit) could be accelerated or deactivated it would improve the game experience.

That has nothing to do with this proposal.

Please stay on the subject.

Pericles the Lion

While I suppose I could start a new "New Idea" thread I thought it more efficient to give the OP an opportunity to modify his suggestion if he is so inclined. His suggestion would probably get more support that way. If the topic is more broadly defined as speeding up animations then my comment is on topic.

Sharmon the Impaler

I don’t negotiate because fighting is about 3x faster and free. I haven’t really noticed it being really slow when I get it for a quest etc. but I will pay closer attention the next time. Not a hot button fix I don’t think though.

Sharmon the Impaler

While I suppose I could start a new "New Idea" thread I thought it more efficient to give the OP an opportunity to modify his suggestion if he is so inclined. His suggestion would probably get more support that way. If the topic is more broadly defined as speeding up animations then my comment is on topic.
I have to side with Agent on this one , this is thread hijacking and kinda rude.

Arklur

And by fighting I can get more advances way faster than you will ever be by doing negotiations. You can not win against a strong opponent by doing negotiations. They will outfight you any time. Once you come to the point where negotiating is a must, speed has become irrelevant.

No one talked about doing negotiations when it's a race. If you are unlucky with the negs, by the time you finish 1 neg the sector might be flipped already. Obviously negs are only an option if you have the time to finish a sector but lack the SC support for it. Good example is when you take R4 sectors, you are lucky to have 2 SC for those. Maybe occasionally 3, but it's even more rare. So what you are saying is correct but it wasn't even a question that needed an answer or clarification, you stated the obvious.

I don’t negotiate because fighting is about 3x faster and free. I haven’t really noticed it being really slow when I get it for a quest etc. but I will pay closer attention the next time. Not a hot button fix I don’t think though.

And again, I can say the same to you. When there are enough SCs (4+; for very active guilds even 3 is easily enough), or if it's a race, battles needed, hands down. But...when it comes to taking sectors with low SC support, negotiations are "needed" to keep your attrition low so later you can still fight fast and race down the other guild. How much needed, depends on the activity of the guild. If you have 80 active players with 2000/1500 stats who are willing to burn their attrition, then negotiations are not needed, since even you are burned out, there are many others who will show up later to fight.

But I think we got a bit away from the point. No matter what, if you do negs (and it's irrelevant if you don't, that's your choice, we aren't talking about whether you should do negs or not, that's a different topic, but not something to talk about in the idea section), the slow (!) animations are just annoying. Obviously "auto negotiations" won't be a thing anytime soon (if ever, not implying it should happen, btw), but making negotiations still faster would just decrease the frustrations when you have limited time to do negs and need to wait for the animation numerous time.

Agent327

No one talked about doing negotiations when it's a race.

You talked about being up against a strong guild. If it isn't a race, you are not up against them.

Obviously negs are only an option if you have the time to finish a sector but lack the SC support for it.

In that case there is absolutely no need to speed up the animations. You have all the time in the world and let's face it, how many will you have to do at that time? As far as I know people resolve to negotiations, once the attrition gets the better of them when fighting. At that stage, they will not be able to do much negotiations anyhow. So what's the big deal you have to wait a little. The entire game is based on patience and slowly moving forward.

But...when it comes to taking sectors with low SC support, negotiations are "needed" to keep your attrition low so later you can still fight fast and race down the other guild.

No they are not. Your attrition will still go up, so you take a chance of losing that next race. It is a strategy I would not use.

Arklur

You talked about being up against a strong guild. If it isn't a race, you are not up against them.

I kinda feel you deliberately misunderstand me. Not every fight for a sector is a race. If it's a race, you fight, if it's not a race (for a sector!) then doing negs is a valid option, even if the #1 enemy is on the board. I really can't be more specific than this.

In that case there is absolutely no need to speed up the animations. You have all the time in the world and let's face it, how many will you have to do at that time? As far as I know people resolve to negotiations, once the attrition gets the better of them when fighting. At that stage, they will not be able to do much negotiations anyhow. So what's the big deal you have to wait a little. The entire game is based on patience and slowly moving forward.

Well, that's where you are wrong (and many others, for that matter). You should do negotiations when:
  1. Your attrition is low and if It's not a race for a specific sector and you have low SC support (what is low depends on the activity of the guild).
  2. There is a key sector that's need to be taken, the attrition is too high to fight, the sector is very close to be finished, and you can afford to spend hundreds of goods on a few negs.
What you (and again, many others) are talking about is the 2nd situation, and I'm talking about the 1st one. I still understand you don't do any, or much negotiations, but please accept that there are those who do. I see people doing 1000+ negotiations, I also did just 500 in the previous round and a few of my teammates also 300-400. And we are talking about successful negotiations, not counting the failed ones! Because not everyone is willing to or can afford to spend diamonds each time they get unlucky (or make a mistake).

No they are not. Your attrition will still go up, so you take a chance of losing that next race. It is a strategy I would not use.

...and what is better, if you are at 80 attrition or just 40? What if you can't even take a sector with battles? Have you ever tried to take a 3 slot sector with just 1, when the enemy throws traps and fortresses?

Anyway, I'm out, 95% of this thread is me arguing with you about "negs vs battles", and not how to make negotiations better, focusing on the idea itself. I ask "How could we make negotiations better?" and your response is pretty much "Why do you neg in the first place?" Let's agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.