• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted Faster negotiation animations

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Anyway, I'm out, 95% of this thread is me arguing with you about "negs vs battles", and not how to make negotiations better, focusing on the idea itself. I ask "How could we make negotiations better?" and your response is pretty much "Why do you neg in the first place?" Let's agree to disagree.

The thing is that you do not make them better. They will remain exactly the same. All you make them is "less annoying" for you. You negotiate at a moment that time is not a factor, so you have yet to come up with an argument why the animations need to be speeded up, other than that the are annoying cause they are slow.

Pericles the Lion

Is making negotiations "less annoying" not a valid reason to speed up the animation? To aid other players it used to be necessary to actually visit their city. INNO chose to make aiding less annoying and gave players the "aid" button. Much more recently, INNO gave us the goods building carousel to make goods' production restart less annoying. In my main city I only negotiate for quests and castle points. However, I have 4 IA GE farm cities where I negotiate all but the first 8 GE encounters and all of the GBG encounters. Speeding up negotiations would save me time.

Agent327

Is making negotiations "less annoying" not a valid reason to speed up the animation?

So is doing less negotiations if they annoy you.

To aid other players it used to be necessary to actually visit their city. INNO chose to make aiding less annoying and gave players the "aid" button.

Is that why they did it? Or did they do it because the game became bigger than they expected and they needed to make some adjustments because city loading became slower?

Much more recently, INNO gave us the goods building carousel to make goods' production restart less annoying.

That has always been possible by using the keyboard shortcuts, so nothing new there. From the start of the app they have said they would try to equalize the features on both platforms. That's the reason why. It has nothing to do with being annoying. Proposal for an aid all button has been forwarded years ago. If annoying was such a big issue, how come it has not been introduced after all these years?

Pericles the Lion

What made it possible is not relevant. The point is that INNO clearly stated that they introduced the shortcuts to make the game faster and smoother. This is exactly what the OP is asking for through speeding up the negotiation animations. There is a precedent for modifying the game in order to accelerate aspects of it.

Agent327

What made it possible is not relevant. The point is that INNO clearly stated that they introduced the shortcuts to make the game faster and smoother. This is exactly what the OP is asking for through speeding up the negotiation animations. There is a precedent for modifying the game in order to accelerate aspects of it.

It is relevant. If Inno was not forced to start using HTML5 it would not have been possible. They improve the game where they can and that is not based on "annoying". Faster and smoother has nothing to do with being annoying. Aiding is annoying. Quests can be annoying. Visiting the tavern is annoying. A lot of things are annoying to players. They have nothing to do with smooth and faster game play.

What about the aid all buton? Why was that introduced?

iPenguinPat

This is an obvious step in the right direction. Just like the option to turn off animations for the battle victory screen. The animation adds nothing to the gameplay and only serves to waste players' time. It might be visually attractive the first few times; after x amount of times, who really cares about the animation (just like the battle animation)?

This is a good suggestion as it is consistent with other changes inno has made in the past.

Also, could help to bring the speed of negotiation closer to in line with fighting for players that prefer not to fight for whatever reason. I can't imagine many players that negotiate on a regular basis leaving animation on if they have the option to turn it off. Race or no race, no need to waste everyone's time.

Agent - The majority of people here disagree with your opinion as a player and don't really care what you, as a player, have to say about anything. Your speculations (as a player) about what other players do or don't like (or do/don't want) are consistently not in line with the majority of players. As a player contributing to the forums, have you considered letting other people discuss ideas without derailing the conversation with "you can't possibly know that" nonsense? You could at least go the route of "why do you think that?" it's much better for discussion ;-) <3

Pericles the Lion

What about the aid all buton? Why was that introduced?
In post #12 I make reference to the "Aid All" button. In post #13 you advise me that it has nothing to do with this subject and to stay on topic. Now, here you are directing this thread back to the "Aid All": button topic. I say this to you, as one player to another, practice what you preach. As a player, you are now the one hijacking this thread.

Agent327

In post #12 I make reference to the "Aid All" button. In post #13 you advise me that it has nothing to do with this subject and to stay on topic. Now, here you are directing this thread back to the "Aid All": button topic. I say this to you, as one player to another, practice what you preach. As a player, you are now the one hijacking this thread.

My mistake. I meant the aid button, not the aid all. That has not been introduced yet. You bring it on in #22, where you claim it was introduced to stop the aiding being less annoying. Like to see where you saw that reason mentioned. Don't think you were playing at the time.

Agent327

This is an obvious step in the right direction. Just like the option to turn off animations for the battle victory screen. The animation adds nothing to the gameplay and only serves to waste players' time. It might be visually attractive the first few times; after x amount of times, who really cares about the animation (just like the battle animation)?

That is something totally different. Animation is not even on PC.

This is a good suggestion as it is consistent with other changes inno has made in the past.

Not changing it would also be consistent with changes Inno did not make in the past, like having the ability to skip the tutorial.

Also, could help to bring the speed of negotiation closer to in line with fighting for players that prefer not to fight for whatever reason. I can't imagine many players that negotiate on a regular basis leaving animation on if they have the option to turn it off. Race or no race, no need to waste everyone's time.

I seriously doubt that. Speed in fighting comes from fast clicking and autobattle. In negotiating player is a much bigger factor.

Agent - The majority of people here disagree with your opinion as a player and don't really care what you, as a player, have to say about anything.

I have no problem with that.

Your speculations (as a player) about what other players do or don't like (or do/don't want) are consistently not in line with the majority of players. As a player contributing to the forums, have you considered letting other people discuss ideas without derailing the conversation with "you can't possibly know that" nonsense? You could at least go the route of "why do you think that?" it's much better for discussion ;-) <3

Will give it a try.

Pericles the Lion

My mistake. I meant the aid button, not the aid all. That has not been introduced yet. You bring it on in #22, where you claim it was introduced to stop the aiding being less annoying. Like to see where you saw that reason mentioned. Don't think you were playing at the time.

Nov 26, 2014

Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.40 will take place on Dec 2nd. This time we introduce a brand new "Aid" feature that will make it possible to help out your friends and guild mates in a more convenient way - you can now polish or motivate directly from your own city!

Agent327

Nov 26, 2014

Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.40 will take place on Dec 2nd. This time we introduce a brand new "Aid" feature that will make it possible to help out your friends and guild mates in a more convenient way - you can now polish or motivate directly from your own city!

Does not tell why it was introduced, now does it? More convenient is the result of it. Not the reason for it.

iPenguinPat

That is something totally different. Animation is not even on PC.

Let's collect some data!! After doing testing, we discovered there is a roughly 2.5-second animation (per turn) for PC negotiations...

(Video evidence is available upon request.. I had previously posted an animated gif not remembering animated gifs are not allowed. Sorry about that, my mistake. Feel free to edit instead of deleting the whole post next time ;))

Not changing it would also be consistent with changes Inno did not make in the past, like having the ability to skip the tutorial.

You do realize that a tutorial is nothing like a battleground mechanic, right? Tutorials (generally) only occur once and do not directly contribute to a competitive aspect of the game.

I seriously doubt that. Speed in fighting comes from fast clicking and autobattle. In negotiating player is a much bigger factor.

Reducing the time to negotiate by at least 7 seconds will dramatically change the negotiation speed. in the example above, it would have cut the time in half. 2 advances in 7-8 seconds is a lot closer to fighting speed than 2 advances in 15-16 seconds. It is amazing what collecting data and analysing it can do.

On the upside - if negotiation speed was faster, it would give players more incentive to at least attempt to negation instead of fight. More players negotiating means more diamonds spend on extra turns.
Will give it a try.
Good to hear. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Let's collect some data!! After doing testing, we discovered there is a roughly 2.5-second animation (per turn) for PC negotiations...

You mention the animation of the battle screen victory. I tell you it is not even on PC. I have no idea why you quote that here or what your answer has to do with it.

(Video evidence is available upon request.. I had previously posted an animated gif not remembering animated gifs are not allowed. Sorry about that, my mistake. Feel free to edit instead of deleting the whole post next time ;))

Sorry not going to. If I delete the post you can repeat it. If I edit it I am not sure I will word it in the way you want it.

You do realize that a tutorial is nothing like a battleground mechanic, right? Tutorials (generally) only occur once and do not directly contribute to a competitive aspect of the game.

It's an animation isn't it? Players want to get rid of it don't they?

Reducing the time to negotiate by at least 7 seconds will dramatically change the negotiation speed. in the example above, it would have cut the time in half. 2 advances in 7-8 seconds is a lot closer to fighting speed than 2 advances in 15-16 seconds. It is amazing what collecting data and analysing it can do.

There is no example above and why do you think that? What makes you think it will be 7 seconds or that 7 seconds is even possible?

On the upside - if negotiation speed was faster, it would give players more incentive to at least attempt to negation instead of fight. More players negotiating means more diamonds spend on extra turns.

Why would you think that when on the forum so many players are complaining about being forced to spend diamonds?

Agent327

If it was "intended" then, by definition, it was a goal.

Goal was not to make aiding less annoying as you claim.

I am sure you will have something to say to that as well, but it ends for me here. Not going to drag this out into another useless discussion with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.