• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Favorite Way to Level GBs

What is your favorite way to level Gbs

• Self Leveling

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Swap Threads

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 1.9 / 1.85 / other similar thread

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Other (if there is another popular way lol)

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

Algona

for those don't have Arc, I think swap thread will be better.

No. Just no.

Find dedicated daily swap partners.

Or try unsolicited incremental bidding. Even that gives better return then swap chains. Scout your hood for self levelers for extra sweet targets for this and those times where you hit FP windfalls.

To take self levelers one step further, they make dandy Friends.

Just don;t use swap chains.

Graviton

No. Just no.

Or try unsolicited incremental bidding. Even that gives better return then swap chains. Scout your hood for self levelers for extra sweet targets for this and those times where you hit FP windfalls.

Agreed. I used swap threads for months because I didn't quite understand the 1.x math (math am hard). But one learns that swap threads are a huge gamble: sure, you get your GBs levelled for you but you're spending a ton of FPs on other GBs and more often than not you're not getting any rewards. May as well self-level.

Finally the 1.x math clicked in my head and I ditched the other swap threads.

OutlawDon

Swap threads are probably the best, but I never remember to do that before I contribute to self leveling, so it's self leveling for me.
Question: I put FPs on a GB in a Guild swap thread. Then what? I thought I was supposed to enter my own building in the message area, but that can't be right because it's just sitting there messing up the thread. So what is the next step for the player after you put FPs on the last building in the thread?

OutlawDon

No. Just no.

I put FPs on a building through a swap thread. Now I don't know what the next step is. I thought I was supposed to put my own building in the message area, but that's not it. So after you put FPs on the last building in the thread, what do you do next?

Algona

I put FPs on a building through a swap thread. Now I don't know what the next step is. I thought I was supposed to put my own building in the message area, but that's not it. So after you put FPs on the last building in the thread, what do you do next?

Ask your Guild Leadership, they set up and maintain the swap thread.

ExtraMile

In most guilds you post your building after the last building in the thread, and someone else will add FP to your building, post theirs, and the cycle will continue. If this isn’t the case in yours, asking a guild leader will answer your question.

With that being said, I wouldn’t recommend you to use guild swaps. The probability to get rewards is low, especially for new players with low FP income. Also guild swaps are easily abusable, especially by larger players at the expense of players with smaller FP income. I would recommend you to find someone in your guild or on your friends list to do a private FP swap between two of your GBs. In this way you will both be almost guaranteed rewards.

In the long run, I would recommend leveling your GBs with 1.9 contributions from guildmates with lv. 80 arcs (if your guild doesn’t have a 1.9 thread I would advise you to find one that does). Reason being, is that 1.9 is much more efficient FP wise than swaps. But until you build up a solid inventory (enough to snipe for the prints you need and for FP profit), private swapping would be your best bet.

Triopoly Champion

Swaps are the worst way to level your gbs.....so pre arc way of doin it. However luv them....please friend me ..lol:cool:
Swap threads are only needed when the players still need the blueprints and before Arc 80.

After Arc 80, most players use the 1.9 threads, the only problem about that is the rich players get richer, the poor players get poorer because there will be almost no affordable opportunities for the new and beginner players.

-Sebastian-

Swap threads are only needed when the players still need the blueprints and before Arc 80.

After Arc 80, most players use the 1.9 threads, the only problem about that is the rich players get richer, the poor players get poorer because there will be almost no affordable opportunities for the new and beginner players.

Huh? I've gotten plenty of Arc blueprints off of 1.9 threads, even without a high-level Arc. I had to pay more than I got back, but that's the way things are when hunting Arc blueprints. How much are you willing to spend per print? 10 FP? 7 FP? 3 FP? Set some price threshold that works for you, and "buy" prints whenever they're available at that price or cheaper.

I also don't understand what you mean by "rich getting richer" and "poor getting poorer". It's a nice turn of phrase, but I don't think it applies here. The extra FP from having an 81+ Arc are barely worth noting, unless you're taking huge locks. It's probably more efficient to get FP by quest looping all day. Let alone GBG rewards. As for "poor getting poorer", the only problem with picking up 4ths and 5ths on a 1.9 list without a level 80 Arc, is that there aren't enough of them! I think it's usually cheaper to get prints that way, than by swap threads or sniping. But I'll make an exception for a private Arc swap arrangement, where 2-3 people are exchanging 3rds or 4ths or something like that.

planetofthehumans2

1.9, I personally have to pay the least on it. If I only did the swap threads, I'd have to pay the whole lump sum to someone else. With 1.9 I only have to put, well, the total minus the combined 1.9 rewards. Like if I have a GB that needs 990FP, I'd have to pay 990FP in the swap emails to level it because 9~ people will have paid 100FP and all of them would be at the top position, but the top reward is 90FP so they're only paying 100 and getting 170 (or better) out of it. I lost an added 70FP I didn't have to pay on it to account for arco rewards. If I did 1.9 then I only have to pay 667 to lock all the slots. This gets better as the GB gets into higher levels and the rewards get better.

Lankybrit

Question: I put FPs on a GB in a Guild swap thread. Then what? I thought I was supposed to enter my own building in the message area, but that can't be right because it's just sitting there messing up the thread. So what is the next step for the player after you put FPs on the last building in the thread?
You put your GB into the thread. Then promptly pay the above GB with FPs. Then, the next person does the same. They post their GB and put the FPs into your GB. It carries on like that forever. The advantage to self leveling is that you 'can' get one of the 1-5 slots on another person's GB, netting you FPs, medals, and BPs.

DevaCat

My favorite way to level a building is to collect it and set it up so all the spots are filled, then attack my hood until someone flips it for me thinking they will ruin my doubled. In fact, their rage leveling probably gave me more FP than I plundered from them!
Wicked, but lovely! :)

Plain Red Justice

My favorite way to level a building is to collect it and set it up so all the spots are filled, then attack my hood until someone flips it for me thinking they will ruin my doubled. In fact, their rage leveling probably gave me more FP than I plundered from them!
I'm curious but what's the highest amount of rage leveling did you get? With visual aids if possible

Mae the Macabre

You generally lock spots in 1.XY (usually 1.80, 1.85 and 1.90) threads, not swaps.
Sorry - I’m just so new at this - as is my entire guild - we don’t know how to do the 1.9 threads in addition to “locking in a spot”. I’m sure it’s simple once you’ve done it! My guild is great; we all kind of started during lockdown-March-2020 and have grown quickly. Some of this stuff is just new.

Farfle the smelly

I don't understand 1.9/1.85/1.8 threads. I could use FOE tools to display all the rewards everyone will get, but I have to put my own FP in there first.

How do you get people to just throw their FP on your GB?
Self level to 50+% and you’ll get sniped all over the place, quickly turning around that level. It’s actually my favorite way to level and I couldn’t tell you why. Maybe less work? I already love to snipe so I’m not hurting there.

I do not like swap threads. I’m in Arc circles and that’s about as close to a swap thread as I’ll go. I hate dumping 30fps on a building knowing I’ll get zero from it. It’s like antithetical to my sniping mentally probably.