• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback - Arctic Future - part 2

DeletedUser24947

They should come out with a way to block(later you should be able to unblock) repeatable quests... Maybe under settings

DeletedUser16397

Inno keeps saying its not going to go any further with ages and will instead use themes. What happens to our great buildings then? they will make contemperary goods forever now?

qaccy

Inno keeps saying its not going to go any further with ages and will instead use themes. What happens to our great buildings then? they will make contemperary goods forever now?

The wording in their original announcement can be open to interpretation. Just because we're not 'advancing' anymore through ages doesn't mean that something like a 'Tropical Future' can't have buildings that produce more, or have stronger units, they're just not really going to look any different than what we already have, similar to how Arctic buildings look similar to Future buildings. In fact, that's a good showcase of what they mean - pretty much just the art style will no longer be changing, except for in very minor ways.

DeletedUser8152

That said, AF units up to now are not significantly better than FE units.

Meat Butcher

There are too many Recurring Quest. This was brought up during beta testing and ignored. My tortured mouse fingers predict that it will again be ignored here.

Quoted for truth.
Inno please fix this it takes forever to cycle now. :(

DeletedUser2892

INNO: Thank you, Thank you for fixing the Quest that disappear and a player had to reload the page to get the 3 Quest back.

Question: Why do recurring Quest have to be confirmed when aborting? If this is absolutely necessary then position the Abort Quest button right under the Abort button.

I will write up a suggestion depending on Why.

Thanks again for fixing the "Quest reload page bug"

DeletedUser10789

The AF goods being donated to the guild treasury aren't wasted. They're there, and will be utilized when Inno comes up with a method for guilds to utilize them. As I've previously stated, (no matter how inconceivable this situation is to Steve) the guild I'm AF in has many more FE goods than we need for both GE and GvG for the foreseeable future. Therefore, for us, there wasn't any point in not advancing to AF. Certainly it might make sense for guilds that are not in our position (#1 in our world for a little over a year and a half) to not advance to AF.

Having said that, and having managed to do so without any personal attacks, except perhaps a whiff of condescension, my feedback for AF part 2 is much the same as my feedback for AF part 1. It sucks. For one, the buildings and units introduced continue to be underwhelming in comparison to their FE counterparts. Prior age advancements have always brought a distinct advantage in upgrading these to the following age. Not so with AF. The increases (where there are increases at all) are so minimal that I am not at all encouraged to build any of them. The addition of more recurring quests is a SERIOUS PAIN. It was already a pain clicking through to the quest one wanted to do, and now - It's almost like Inno wants veteran players to find some other game to play.

I don't mind the rogue fix. Non-continent AI remains as stupid as ever, and I don't use rogues on the continent map.

Also, unlike some here, I'm not bent out of shape about the number of expansions we've gotten. I understand Inno wants to sell the diamond expansions and I'm okay with that. However, while this isn't strictly AF-related, I would appreciate knowing if any more medal expansions will be available or if that's the end of them. I have a fair bit of space in my AF city devoted to medal production, and if there will be no more medal expansions for sure, I could better utilize the room.

Hey Glarg,
Was it you who poked themselves into Global on H World the other night talking all about that the 1.83 Update had not occurred yet, as you did NOT have Part 2 yet for AFE, and it was ME who had to explain for you to RIGHT CLICK on the screen and NOTICE that the 1.83 Update was already here and that CLEARLY you did not read the front page or could not even RIGHT CLICK your screen to see that I was correct. Well, I must state that once I said that, someone with your tag name STOPPED TALKING IN GLOBAL and NOT to speak again, I wonder why.???? Maybe because for someone so informed, they clearly did not know what Version was being ran on the server and assuming that the 1.83 Update was tied to the AFE Part 2. If that was NOT you, then I clearly say I am sorry, if it was you and you failed to respond DUE TO SHAME, I totally understand why you never spoke up again. :)

Lastly, if you are that correct that your FE GvG goods have not taken a hit then I will just state something very simple for ALL TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND FULLY. Look at your markets and the way that FE Goods have been and are trading. There is a REASON that FE Goods are NOW deemed "of demand", as many guilds have blow thru a lot of them and I have some guilds asking me for FE Goods, due to some FE GvG Fighting and depleting their FE Goods. Again, if that is not your guild, then you truly are a man among men and your guild is flat out the BEST EVER. There are numerous facts here that you are failing, yet again to see and understand. Yes, the AFE Goods, at some point (like anything in life) will be worth something. Maybe if when I was a kid and found the right Baseball Card, today it would be worth something. Yet, you fail to understand the value of TIME and the aspect of this game. Sure this game is played over a longer amount of time, YET, I highly doubt you or anyone will be playing it in 10 years from now. Now I am NOT saying it will take 10 years for them to implement a use for these goods, that would be a stupid statement to make, like someone with such vast knowledge of a game NOT knowing what version they are using or what updates are what. That said, in the mean time there is a USE for FE AGE GOODS and for those who made a mistake in racing into AFE and NOT staying back in FE are happy they did. I personally know many and so do you, as you were in the global chat when we were discussing it. So, please, get some things right and note that every player is your HIGHER LEVEL player who is serious about this game as it seems you and I are. Some are more casual players and just want to race ahead, without knowing what is coming or what will happen because of it. Then again, I am sure you never made a mistake in your life, EVER. I know I sure have and as a GROWN MAN, I am humble enough to say I have. To that end, NOT every guild is like your awesome guild and in fact a lot struggle on goods. We have an ARC Program and so much more, as there are some who copy others and some who innovate. In the end the question is, which one are you and how do you play the game. As a leader, there are things I have to do and do for the good of my guild and I play the game in a very unselfish way and manner. I am truly a nice guy who helps everyone at my own expense. I am NOT complaining or crying about it, this is the way I chose to play.

Please do not try to come at me and say this or that and copy my post, when you do not know basic things and are NOT even man enough to get called out and then run away. A MAN says either, wow I was unaware of that or I thought this or that. Some chose to stay in FE for their reasons and I chose to look ahead and give my opinion on it as to why to stay in FE. Clearly many agreed with me and stayed in FE or in fact, had the same thoughts as myself. I am only here to try and help and tell people THE TRUTH. Look at all my posts and see the things I say, funny, how I am pretty spot on about a lot of things, but who is counting. YES, ME. :) You wish you had a leader like me and someone who helped you when you started the game. I learned this game myself without anyone teaching me or giving me pointers, I learned the hard way and yes it took me 2 years to be where I am pretty happy and a solid player. That's my style, I try to help and give the right advice.

About the New AFE Part 2, I am giving my opinion, as I wrote in my post and you gave yours. This is what feedback is all about. I will not address what opinions are, as I am not trying to be rude. I am trying to say that some people are lucky to be in high level guilds and others are not. For the most part, most of the players are NOT as serious as you and I. PERIOD. That said, don't come at me, when you do not know basic things, 1. about me and 2. about the game. Know your facts first, then give me a valid point. Now go and look up all my other posts and go and attack me on the other one's, I will gladly defend my points and my positions and in the end we all know who will be correct.

Steve - LordStevie

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

It's only part 2 of AF that the number of recurring quests increased in beta. I assume it went through as is on the live servers but I don't know anyone who spent the diamonds to get through the tech tree to know for sure.

DeletedUser26809

It's only part 2 of AF that the number of recurring quests increased in beta. I assume it went through as is on the live servers but I don't know anyone who spent the diamonds to get through the tech tree to know for sure.
Yes it dd

DeletedUser10415

blah blah blah

Firstly,
5f68c6c885a647de81bedd67c460c6b5.jpg

I play on multiple worlds. When I'm done in one, I go to the next. However, if it makes you feel better about yourself to think you vanquished me in global chat on whichever world I happened to encounter you in (where you were probably talking to yourself for a good long while, since I did what I had to do in that world and then moved on to the next one), go right on deluding yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11215

Not sure if this is the place for this or not, but what I would love to see added to the game is something that helps the Attack power of a Defending Army. So far we have the Deal Castle and the Saint Basil's and that is it. It is great that we have things like Watchfires and Tiger's den and of course the Monastery, but all three only improve Defense. When your attacker has over +200% to their attack it doesn't matter how much defense you have your going down in a few hits. What would be nice is if you actually had some teeth of your own so you could take them down before they whittle you away. How about a military unit that confuses the enemy and makes them fire on themselves? Maybe the new Arctic Future ranged unit? Now with my pitiful attack power (+48% at level 8 in both GB's) and huge defense (+277%), that wouldn't harm the defender at all, but on an attacker, who usually has an attack power slightly higher than their defense, they would wipe themselves out! Now that is a unit I could get into! Would love to see the Rogues attacking their own Rail-guns, since the defending AI is to stupid to do it. Of course this would mean the attacker wouldn't have control of their army either. Not sure how you would implement that.

Speaking of confused. I'm a bit confused about the Arctic Future Goods being donated by my Observatory, and my Arc yet it costs me Future Goods to participate in the Guild Expedition. Seems like a bug to me. The negotiations use both Future and Artic Future Goods, and the military units are Arctic Future, so it only seems natural that the cost to level would be Arctic Future as well.

I just got my Harbor so don't have much to say about it yet, but it does seem to be costly in goods for very little gain. You even have to use your precious Promethium to repair your ship, so the game is designed to make you spend it to continue getting it.

My 2 coins for what they are worth.

DeletedUser3679

Not sure if this is the place for this or not, but what I would love to see added to the game is something that helps the Attack power of a Defending Army. So far we have the Deal Castle and the Saint Basil's and that is it. It is great that we have things like Watchfires and Tiger's den and of course the Monastery, but all three only improve Defense. When your attacker has over +200% to their attack it doesn't matter how much defense you have your going down in a few hits..

Speaking of confused. I'm a bit confused about the Arctic Future Goods being donated by my Observatory, and my Arc yet it costs me Future Goods to participate in the Guild Expedition. Seems like a bug to me. The negotiations use both Future and Artic Future Goods, and the military units are Arctic Future, so it only seems natural that the cost to level would be Arctic Future as well.

I just got my Harbor so don't have much to say about it yet, but it does seem to be costly in goods for very little gain. You even have to use your precious Promethium to repair your ship, so the game is designed to make you spend it to continue getting it.

So many misunderstandings, so little time to deal with them. I am going to just hit the highlights, others can feel free to add their comments. First the Speakers' Corner boosts the attack of the attacking army, not the defense. Not sure what age your city is, but starting in CE, some (or most later on) of the barracks either boost the attack of the attacking army, or the defense of the defending army. With level 10 Deals and Basils, Speakers' Corner and a bunch of the right barracks, your attack can be in the low to middle 200''s, and in some extreme case, even higher.

Second, the AF goods going into the guild treasury by the obs and arc while GE costs is in FE goods in not a bug, it's intended. The mods have assured us that there will be a use for those sometime in the future, I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Third, it does not take promethium to repair your ship. Look at the bottom of the ship tab to see the costs in goods when the ship is in the harbor.

DeletedUser11215

Where exactly did I mention the Speakers Corner? I know it adds Attack to Attacking Army, so does the Zeus, The Aarchen, and the Castel del Monte. But that is the attack of the ATTACKING army, they have zero that is ZERO effect on the attack of the DEFENDING army. Same goes for Barracks. The only buildings to effect this stat are the Deal and the Saint Basil's, period. I am tired of sitting in a bomb shelter fighting back with a slingshot. GIVE ME SOME TEETH!

My comment about FE goods vs AF goods is a response to the threads goal of input about AF. I have seen the same response by others in this thread and am pretty much saying I agree with them, why are Arctic Future Goods not being used?

My third comment is from a complaint one of my Guildies had about having to use 100 Promethium to repair his ship. As I said, I just got my Harbor my first ship hasn't even come back yet.

DeletedUser8152

My third comment is from a complaint one of my Guildies had about having to use 100 Promethium to repair his ship. As I said, I just got my Harbor my first ship hasn't even come back yet.
Just to confirm, repairing your ship does not use promethium, just goods.

DeletedUser13838

Where exactly did I mention the Speakers Corner? I know it adds Attack to Attacking Army, so does the Zeus, The Aarchen, and the Castel del Monte. But that is the attack of the ATTACKING army, they have zero that is ZERO effect on the attack of the DEFENDING army. Same goes for Barracks. The only buildings to effect this stat are the Deal and the Saint Basil's, period. I am tired of sitting in a bomb shelter fighting back with a slingshot. GIVE ME SOME TEETH!

The only way to boost the defense of attacking armies or the offense of defending armies is through GBs. You can raise those GBs as high as you want. I think it is a good idea that there are useful bonuses that are exclusive to GBs.

DeletedUser11215

Yep, as soon as my Deal and Saint Basil's each reach level 149 I will have the same attack power as my current attacker who has a level 73 Zeus, a level 73 Aachen, a level 83 Castel del Monte, and a Speakers Corner for a total of +200%. No problem I should be able to get them raised that high... In another 5 or 6 years. Anyone even want to calculate how many FP that is? I also have a ways to go on the Blue Prints necessary to unlock all those levels.

See what I mean about needing something to add some Attack power to the Defenders?