• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback Fall Event 2020

Nicholas002

curiosity killed the cat and besides I dont work for INNO .... that's their headache to work on !
Be careful what you wish for, big dog, you might just get it.

quest 12: “Complete 3 Viking settlements OR gather 300 cultural goods”

I don’t know about you, but I would rather just aid those 20 friends. Maybe your JACKHAMMER will help?

Algona

if i recall correctly i believe i was the one that hammered the current 'OR' involved with quest events

Beg pardon? Was this under another Forum User name? ‘Cause that happened years before your join date.

get GbG and Settlements into the OR options ASAP

No.

If you were here when the alternative Quests were first added to Events you'd know why your suggestion as written is awful.

Emberguard

get GbG and Settlements into the OR options ASAP
If they did that I would suggest they rotate between whether a event has GBG, Settlements or Antiques Dealer quests, and only have ONE of those three present within any given event. This would prevent those in the beginning of Iron Age and all of Bronze Age having an even harder time in events.

if i recall correctly i believe i was the one that hammered the current 'OR' involved with quest events ..... i was getting sick and tired of you folks using:
"the one"

What makes you think you're the only one who hammered it? (assuming you're telling the truth about being there) I can't think of any time InnoGames has operated off of the feedback of only one person. They do their research far better than that

TempestLA

So, I am cruising along through the Fall Event, firmly up in the Professional League, and suddenly I hit a brick wall: 3 recipes, all requiring Apples. And I have none. “No problem,” I think, “I am sure to get some through Daily Quests, Event quests, or maybe find some laying around somewhere.”

That was 4 days ago. I am up to 11 cinnamon, 10 caramel, 5 chocolate, and 5 pumpkin. And no apples. It appears as though I am likely going to be forced into buying single apples (the most expensive diamond option) to get through the event.

Having both the available recipes and the Daily Events (along with the infrequent event drops) being RNG determined is a recipe for frustration. I think there needs to be a “farmers market” Option added to this event - a way to be able to exchange ingredients you have a surplus of for those you need. Maybe one free exchange daily and unlimited 2:1 exchanges.

I was very much enjoying the theme and unique mechanics of this event; however, the randomness and potential for significantly bad distribution is Marring my enjoyment.

Nicholas002

So, I am cruising along through the Fall Event, firmly up in the Professional League, and suddenly I hit a brick wall: 3 recipes, all requiring Apples. And I have none. “No problem,” I think, “I am sure to get some through Daily Quests, Event quests, or maybe find some laying around somewhere.”

That was 4 days ago. I am up to 11 cinnamon, 10 caramel, 5 chocolate, and 5 pumpkin. And no apples. It appears as though I am likely going to be forced into buying single apples (the most expensive diamond option) to get through the event.

Having both the available recipes and the Daily Events (along with the infrequent event drops) being RNG determined is a recipe for frustration. I think there needs to be a “farmers market” Option added to this event - a way to be able to exchange ingredients you have a surplus of for those you need. Maybe one free exchange daily and unlimited 2:1 exchanges.

I was very much enjoying the theme and unique mechanics of this event; however, the randomness and potential for significantly bad distribution is Marring my enjoyment.
too bad you didn't think of it earlier. If you would have been aware of the issue right out of the gates, you would have been able to spend on recipes that would keep your ingredients even.

TempestLA

too bad you didn't think of it earlier. If you would have been aware of the issue right out of the gates, you would have been able to spend on recipes that would keep your ingredients even.

Thank you for you opinion. However, when I hit the “apple recipe wall”, I had (approximately) 1 pumpkin, 3 cinnamon, and 4 caramel. Somewhat unbalanced, but seeing as out of my last 23 ingredients, none have been apples, this is not simply a spending issue.

TempestLA

In addition to some sort of exchange, ensuring that no ingredient is required for all three recipes would help mitigate log jams and also help players manage their ingredient usage.

Emberguard

Thank you for you opinion. However, when I hit the “apple recipe wall”, I had (approximately) 1 pumpkin, 3 cinnamon, and 4 caramel. Somewhat unbalanced, but seeing as out of my last 23 ingredients, none have been apples, this is not simply a spending issue.
You still have another 11 days so if you're doing daily challenges and getting incidents hopefully it'll fix itself before end of event. Unfortunately the earlier you spend your currency the harder it'll be to anticipate your needs for which recipes to take because you won't know what your total spread of ingredients will be yet. It's all a balancing act of when to spend what

I think there needs to be a “farmers market” Option added to this event - a way to be able to exchange ingredients you have a surplus of for those you need. Maybe one free exchange daily and unlimited 2:1 exchanges.
That would be nice. Maybe it could be placed next to the ingredients list? In 2018 when this format of Fall Event was first trialed on Beta they did have an exchange but having it implemented in the quest section was too confusing and so was removed at the time

Maybe something like this would work?
1600544196523.png

TempestLA

You still have another 11 days so if you're doing daily challenges and getting incidents hopefully it'll fix itself before end of event. Unfortunately the earlier you spend your currency the harder it'll be to anticipate your needs for which recipes to take because you won't know what your total spread of ingredients will be yet. It's all a balancing act of when to spend what

That would be nice. Maybe it could be placed next to the ingredients list? In 2018 when this format of Fall Event was first trialed on Beta they did have an exchange but having it implemented in the quest section was too confusing and so was removed at the time

Maybe something like this would work?
View attachment 17169
I like that!

It could remain where goods can be bought as well the exchange options. It would also be nice to have a discount option for multiples of a single good instead of having to buy sets.

Twizzy83

how do I complete this quest, I just upped my enthusiasm by 3000 and still nothing...

Attachments

• fall event.JPG
    fall event.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 29
For quests, sometimes you can trick the game by removing stuff from your city and then putting new stuff in (e.g., "build 3 _____ houses" is easily satisfied by selling 3 of those houses and then building them again). For enthusiasm, I recommend checking your inventory for anything you've won that promotes happiness, deleting decorations you've bought from your era (and definitely anything from past eras), and replacing the decorations you bought with the happiness-promoting inventory winnings because they are always worth more happiness. Then just ask your guildmates and friends to polish as many happiness-promoting items in your city as they can, and you should be all set.

Also, any GB you have that promote happiness should be taken to the next level. That will definitely help, as well. My recommendations for GB that promote happiness (with other benefits) are Hagia Sophia, Alcatraz, Atomium, and Frauenkirche of Dresden. Which one you aim for depends greatly on what era you've reached in the game and how much room you have in your city. I have the Hagia Sophia in all my 3 cities, and I love it.

Last edited:

Nicholas002

2020-09-20 12_13_30-Forge of Empires.png

Developer Hans Schmidt: "hehehehe let's make them do 75 5-minute productions because they will have to do it for the fall ingredients, hehehehehe"

terrymur2

This game needs to provide more land. What good are the new prizes for Fall or other upgrades if you have no Land to put them on ?
At one point in the game it was fun growing your city as you acquired more land, today ther is no more land and the game is getting stagnant and boring.
"GIVE US MORE LAND"

Agent327

I think I'm stuck on the Fall event. I have to gain 8250 total population. Never seen this type of quest before.
Thanks game devs and that was not meant as a compliment.

Ofcourse I will be the bad guy again for making this comment, but do you have eye patches over both eyes? That one has been in events for a long time. Absolutely nothing new about it. Build and/or delete a militairy building and you gain population. Do it a couple of times and you have enough.

Just An Observer

This game needs to provide more land. What good are the new prizes for Fall or other upgrades if you have no Land to put them on ?
At one point in the game it was fun growing your city as you acquired more land, today ther is no more land and the game is getting stagnant and boring.
"GIVE US MORE LAND"

My method is to prioritize the buildings based on what I want my city to do. Space is more precious than Diamonds! Spend it with the utmost care.

Want a good lesson on how to really get good at using space? Take on the Feudal Japan settlement. That city will get made, remade and then remade again over the course of one cycle.

Get some graph paper so you can work out on paper what you would like to do. Highlighting markers are helpful. For 8x8 groupings, a checkerboard is useful for working out positions. I use dominoes and chess pieces.

Combine these pointers and you can then determine how to focus your city and arrive at a list of buildings which will fulfill the purposes you wish.