• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback Fall Event 2020

Just An Observer

As we draw close to the end of the event. Incidents resulting in finds of event goods was just under 1 per day here. Rather miserly compared to some other events.

Nicholas002

As we draw close to the end of the event. Incidents resulting in finds of event goods was just under 1 per day here. Rather miserly compared to some other events.
you mean like in the soccer event where we got hundreds of energy drinks per day? well guess what, each reward in the soccer event also cost about 100 drinks. In this event, the rewards cost 1-3 ingredients.

more costly reward = more currency
cheaper rewards = less currency

If we got hundreds of ingredients per day, we would be able to get 10+ full sets. now don't you think that would be a little overpowered?

Algona

Quotes are from another thread, my response seems more appropriate here.

it's mostly my fault. RL has gotten in the way such that I've not been able to complete a few DCs or collect all the incidents. That I need to without missing one is too close for comfort. It's definitely a turn off.

Not quite sure I agree that it is your fault you are not going to get full main prize w/o Diamonds.

INNO has chosen to make the Main Prize in this Event dependent on completing 75 Event Quests, 20 or so DCs, and collect Incidents.

That's about 50% more 'tasks' to jump through then a normal Event. As you note:

in recent events, Inno has started cutting it too close. Giving just enough event currency to squeak by as long as the RNG performs at spec or better. If it breaks wrong for any length of time during the event, you're stuck.

Since there are more 'tasks' (A DC is pretty much the same as an Event Quest) to complete, the chances of failure are increased dramatically.

Throw in not getting 20+ DC Prizes.

Personally, I don't see this Main Prize as substantively better then any other recent Main Prizes.

So why do we have to do more tasks and miss out on 20 DC prizes and have a higher chance of having to pay Diamonds to get a Main Prize that is not commensurately superior to other Main Prizes?

Dunno about others, but I'm not particularly happy with this.

Started out loving this event. Ended up a bit disappointed, it is what it is. Got stuck on several DCs, which mean missing out on some ingredients, which meant getting all the pieces of the Grand Prize but only 2 upgrades for my barn itself. Ugh.

Moving the heck on.

A question I wouldn’t mind answered by someone of authority here is....

Were players in Bronze Age given any extra incidents currency to make up in anyway the currency offered in daily quests offered to those who have them?

I expect not haha, just curious as to the answer and why new cities are at this disadvantage... And just in case anyone says ‘age up, it’s your own fault’ haha, well, is Bronze Age meant to be played or is it basically a tutorial without that heading?

Good event and lots of fun. Doesn’t bother me that players can’t get the full set or whatever else the “entitled” crew feels as though they deserve from the game developers. Events don’t equal a guarantee the prize building or set will be obtained without paying some real dollars. The reality is without the diamond players the game would have ended long ago; so belittle them if you’d like, cry about not getting what you think you deserve, any way you cut it, it’s just a game. Play it, don’t play it, doesn’t really matter does it.
and if you truly believe INNO care about our feedback, even more entitlement mindset shining through. INNO doesn’t want your feedback as much as they want your money and I’m so good with that reality. I give them my money and I still am fine with knowing they don’t want my feedback either.

Last edited:
Good event and lots of fun.

Yep

Doesn’t bother me that players can’t get the full set or whatever else the “entitled” crew feels as though they deserve from the game developers. Events don’t equal a guarantee the prize building or set will be obtained without paying some real dollars.

Doesn’t bother me one bit some players don’t get the full set either. And I assure you it’s not about having a cry or any feelings of entitlement, the fact is INNO PR have stated (from info directly from the game makers they say), that it’s their aim that free to play players who put in the time and effort, do the quests, collect the incidences etc, get a max event building.

And, just to reiterate, this ain’t no cry, whinge, where’s my mommy moment haha I’ll sleep perfectly well on the close of this event.

But I did all the quests, collected all logins, incidences and spent the currency as balanced as possible to try and ensure no road blocks and will not get TWO pieces of the set across multiple worlds (not the usual one that some people have issues with).

The reality is without the diamond players the game would have ended long ago; so belittle them if you’d like, cry about not getting what you think you deserve, any way you cut it, it’s just a game. Play it, don’t play it, doesn’t really matter does it

I haven’t read all the posts here, but who belittled them on what page? Diamonds buyers are great, I myself am one :D

It is just a game. Not sure why it’s an issue to discuss things within it, and again, no entitlement feelings here, I’m just going by INNO PR’s own claims and the reality.

Graviton

Good event and lots of fun. Doesn’t bother me that players can’t get the full set or whatever else the “entitled” crew feels as though they deserve from the game developers. Events don’t equal a guarantee the prize building or set will be obtained without paying some real dollars. The reality is without the diamond players the game would have ended long ago; so belittle them if you’d like, cry about not getting what you think you deserve, any way you cut it, it’s just a game. Play it, don’t play it, doesn’t really matter does it.
and if you truly believe INNO care about our feedback, even more entitlement mindset shining through. INNO doesn’t want your feedback as much as they want your money and I’m so good with that reality. I give them my money and I still am fine with knowing they don’t want my feedback either.

It has nothing to do with an entitlement mindset, it's a precedent set by Inno: the past few years, free players were able to get 1 fully-upgraded grand prize from an Event if they completed all the tasks. Observations about that not being the case anymore are not the same thing as belittling diamond players. They could be considered digs at Inno, but not other players. You're the only one belittling other players. Also not paying attention, as Algona and others like me love diamond players 'cause that allows us to freeload.

Here's my feedback that Inno asked for in a thread titled "Feedback": I like the baking game but not a huge fan of ingredients as Daily Challenge prizes.

This is a transcript of the letter I was referring to from INNO PR to foehints guy on YouTube (not affiliated at all)

Firstly we would like to thank you for your feedback and we really appreciate your continual contribution to the Forge community. At InnoGames, we are offering free-to-play games that strive to encourage fairness and fun across all players. Like most free to play games, we want to ensure that those dedicated players who play regularly and who are very actively engaged in the game are rewarded for doing so. When balancing our events and calculating how much event currency we hand out for the duration of the event, we do so with this idea in mind to ensure that it is entirely possible for actively engaged players to be able to obtain the full event building without needing to spend diamonds. We always make sure there is sufficient event currency given out for free in our events to enable our players to obtain the full building when they are collecting as much currency as possible from quests, free daily logins, incidents, etc. That also was the case in the events you have mentioned in your enquiry. However, we did encounter a temporarily issue when we ran the Summer event on our beta servers (which we are running to offer loyal players a first-hands experience and to test the stability and performance of new features and events) whereby this was not 100% the ease. We rectified this manually by giving extra Doubloons to all beta players towards the end of the event. On the live servers, this glitch was fixed before the event started. That said, Forge of Empires has always been and remains to be a free-to-play game. Players are not expected to purchase and spend diamonds if they do not wish, and they will never be blocked from progressing through the game or participating in our events if they do not do so. Our in-game premium options simply allow those players who do wish to spend money the convenience to progress through the game at a faster pace, or the ability to build multiple instances of particular event buildings within their city if they so wish. Furthermore, not obtaining the full reward building within an event, does in no way block the player from being able to progress through the game. In the instance where a player does not collect enough free event currency in an event to achieve the full building, Forge of Empires still remains a free-to-play game and we have no plans to change this. Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage und Ihr Feedback. Lassen Sie uns bitte wissen, wenn Sie weitere Fragen zu diesem oder anderen Themen rund um Forge of Empires haben. Mit besten Grüßen und eine gute Woche, André Hecker PR Manager InnoGames GmbH Friesenstr 13 – 20097 Hamburg - Germany Tel +49 40 7889335-334 Fax +49 40 7889335-200 Mobile +49 xxx xxx xx xx Managing Directors: Hendrik Klindworth, Michael Zillmer, Christian Pern VAT-ID: DE264068907 Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 108973 https://www.innogames.com – andre.hecker@innogames.com

Algona

Just roll with the punches and get on with the next event.

No.

I've Played through well over 100 Events. I judge Events on three criteria: Quality of prizes, minigame, Questlines.

This Event exacts a 50% higher amount of tasks and has an incidental cost of 20 DC rewards and a higher chance of failure for not significantly better Rewards.

I'd prefer my Events be fun, not a punch I have to roll with.

----------

I appreciate you posting that transcript.

It's a horrifying read. I hope that it is just some PR droid putting a spin on. If that is the real company and dev attitude, then it sucks to be me.

Anybody else notice that the response mentions the game should be fun, then uses hundreds of words and several distractions trying to get players to cope with how things are?

Coping is fun?

Now don't get me wrong, I still believe INNO knows the player base and what we respond to much better then we ever will know ourselves.

It's just that I didn't think they held us in such low regard.

Triopoly Champion

Forget the max barn, beginning to look like I won’t be getting the last field either on multiple cities (in BA) despite doing everything, first time for me in these events two pieces will be missing haha.
In order to access "Daily Challenge", the player has to be in the Iron Age or higher, this explains the 2 missing pieces.

Started out loving this event. Ended up a bit disappointed, it is what it is. Got stuck on several DCs, which mean missing out on some ingredients, which meant getting all the pieces of the Grand Prize but only 2 upgrades for my barn itself. Ugh.

Moving the heck on.
You'll have to be in at least the Bronze Apprentice League in order to earn at least 1 "Harvest Farm Selection Kit" for that 3rd Barn Upgrade.

I have 183 League points now which will be 3 more than the required 180 amount in Mount Killmore.

Did you know you can earn extra recipe ingredients for doing more daily challenge quests?

Mount Killmore League Table for Fall Event.jpg

Last edited:
Very disappointed with Inno's deliberate decision to not make it possible for players to obtain a fully completed Game Event Building/Set without spending a significant amount of Diamonds.

In order to access "Daily Challenge", the player has to be in the Iron Age or higher, this explains the 2 missing pieces.

I am aware of this, but in that letter from INNO PR, there is no mention that being in BA should be at a disadvantage to other ages, only that they aim to make it possible that players who actively participate in the event to gain all available currency to gain a full event building (that was coming directly from the team that make the game apparently).... which I did, but will still won’t receive 2 pieces across multiple worlds. Was never expecting the lvl 4 barn, but the last field? Kinda

Triopoly Champion

Very disappointed with Inno's deliberate decision to not make it possible for players to obtain a fully completed Game Event Building/Set without spending a significant amount of Diamonds.
Definitely not significant amount of diamonds if you are in the correct era. I noticed that being in Colonial is especially advantageous. The 'Defeat This Very Large Army" quest frequently show up on my daily challenge. With both Grenadiers and Colonial Champions have the higher defense stats, I can complete the quests without having to lose any units. However I understand this won't be the case in Tomorrow or Arctic Future for some players.

No.

I've Played through well over 100 Events. I judge Events on three criteria: Quality of prizes, minigame, Questlines.

This Event exacts a 50% higher amount of tasks and has an incidental cost of 20 DC rewards and a higher chance of failure for not significantly better Rewards.

Agreed, the amount of tasks was crazy, and factoring in the added daily quests (which obviously people had to do to have any real chance), just made it so much more so.

I'd prefer my Events be fun, not a punch I have to roll with.

The event was really fun for me, and the amount of daily specials far outweigh not having a full building. But sure, I’m with you on your sentiments.

I appreciate you posting that transcript.

It's a horrifying read. I hope that it is just some PR droid putting a spin on. If that is the real company and dev attitude, then it sucks to be me.

Anybody else notice that the response mentions the game should be fun, then uses hundreds of words and several distractions trying to get players to cope with how things are?

Coping is fun?

It’s a PR person doing what PR people do sure. But I really appreciate his response (if I recall, he’s the head PR manager for events or something, so not ‘just anyone’). If nothing else, it provides a standard players should expect and can come on here and whinge about as some would say when it doesn’t hold true haha

Now don't get me wrong, I still believe INNO knows the player base and what we respond to much better then we ever will know ourselves.

It's just that I didn't think they held us in such low regard.

Sure, they have the solid numbers and knows what works for them.

I didn’t feel I was held in low regard though as a player by that letter. I was actually quite pleased when I first read it :) , but yeah, what’s said is not reality (in all events).

Last edited:

Joeyjojojo

...why new cities are at this disadvantage... And just in case anyone says ‘age up, it’s your own fault’ haha, well, is Bronze Age meant to be played or is it basically a tutorial without that heading?
It really seems like all of BA is intended as a tutorial. That said: new cities are always at a disadvantage but never to this level. The DC thing seemed nice at first, until I realized that those ingredients were necessary. The first event I was part of in this game was the first time the cherry blossom set was offered. I didn't know what I was doing--started the event in BA, finished in IA, there was a big luck factor in even getting pieces then and I still managed to get a full set plus one or two extra pieces (and a pagoda that wouldn't be expanded upon for 2 years). Now I know what I'm doing (most of the time) and I'm not sure I'll get a full set in any world without spending diamonds.

I don't like the use of the DC to provide required event currency and hope that is not part of future events (having a couple days for some bonus currency would be nice though).

It has nothing to do with an entitlement mindset, it's a precedent set by Inno: the past few years
Sure it does, you think you deserve it because of a precedent, not because you earned it; that is a true example of the entitlement mindset. Please remember I don’t care what you think, neither does INNO. And INNO certainly doesn’t care what I think either. Precedents change, just because you got it once doesn’t mean you deserve to get it again. The event is what the event is. I enjoy them all. I fully participate in them all. I chose to set some of the buildings and others i don’t, doesn’t make me right and anyone deciding something differently wrong, just is what it is.

It really seems like all of BA is intended as a tutorial. That said: new cities are always at a disadvantage but never to this level. The DC thing seemed nice at first, until I realized that those ingredients were necessary. The first event I was part of in this game was the first time the cherry blossom set was offered. I didn't know what I was doing--started the event in BA, finished in IA, there was a big luck factor in even getting pieces then and I still managed to get a full set plus one or two extra pieces (and a pagoda that wouldn't be expanded upon for 2 years). Now I know what I'm doing (most of the time) and I'm not sure I'll get a full set in any world without spending diamonds.

I don't like the use of the DC to provide required event currency and hope that is not part of future events (having a couple days for some bonus currency would be nice though).

For sure when it first came out, currency in DC was just an awesome bonus for us. But now as you say, it’s a little concerning because it is required (at least in this event), a requirement which effectively piles on the amount of quests needed, and some of those daily quests can be really hard for anyone in any era (take X amount of sectors etc).