• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Achievements and New Mobile Profile.

DeletedUser18371

Please remember to share with us your feedback on the new features.

Your Forge of Empire Team.

DeletedUser26965

"New Mobile Profile" It's also available on browser from what I saw on beta, am I missing something?

DeletedUser18851

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard of. Ever. In any context. Let alone the stupidest thing Inno has ever done.

Instead of fixing broken stuff (like GvG), you're making this garbage that nobody cares about. I can't express how sickening the priorities are. Worthless stupid events, another bazaar with a different skin, and now this achievements?!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I just hope my Pig turns different colors when I hit the milestones of coin collection. Because that means so much, and it's so cool.

Garbage.

Fail.

Losing players.

Game dying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27096

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard of. Ever. In any context. Let alone the stupidest thing Inno has ever done.

Instead of fixing broken stuff (like GvG), you're making this garbage that nobody cares about. I can't express how sickening the priorities are. Worthless stupid events, another bazaar with a different skin, and now this achievements?!

I just hope my Pig turns different colors when I hit the milestones of coin collection. Because that means so much, and it's so cool.

Garbage.

Fail.

Losing players.

Game dying.
I am a mobile player and don't play GvG but I must wholeheartedly agree...these totally nonessential "improvements" are a waste of Inno's resources. If Inno needs to occupy their programmers' and designers' time, they should have them work on stuff mobile players actually care about like Treasure Hunt, missing features in the market (like seeing who posted a trade), missing features in the Events list (like being able to visit someone from the list), and all the other truly annoying and important features that are missing from mobile. I mean how often does anyone actually read another player's profile?? Probably not as often as they play Treasure Hunt or visit the market to buy or sell something!

-Athena-

Achievement badges have got to be the stupidest idea yet to come from "the powers that be" at InnoGames. We are not little children who need stickers to show what we have accomplished in this game. That can be seen by rank, # of battles, era, and city items.

The current blank slate of our profiles is to show our individuality by what we write not a showcase of badges that everyone will have. I am having a serious issue with you just obliterating my current profile for your conformist, childish nonsense.

More importantly why are you focusing on meaningless crap that will just add to the memory and graphic issues already problematic in this game. I will admit GvG is my baby and why I play and I have put up with the lag and constant booting from those maps but now those issues are in GE and just being in the city and when chatting. But hey let's add more things and ignore the persistent problems that continue to plague this game and continue to spread. (And I realize that sentence said the same thing in 3 different ways but maybe it will sink into someone's thick skull.) You have had two major US server meltdowns in the last 2 weeks where people were unable to log in for hours...Pretty telling if you ask me. But yeah bring on the little piggy coin bank that says I collected x number of coins. WHO CARES!

DeletedUser27096

Achievement badges have got to be the stupidest idea yet to come from "the powers that be" at InnoGames. We are not little children who need stickers to show what we have accomplished in this game. That can be seen by rank, # of battles, era, and city items.

The current blank slate of our profiles is to show our individuality by what we write not a showcase of badges that everyone will have. I am having a serious issue with you just obliterating my current profile for your conformist, childish nonsense.

More importantly why are you focusing on meaningless crap that will just add to the memory and graphic issues already problematic in this game. I will admit GvG is my baby and why I play and I have put up with the lag and constant booting from those maps but now those issues are in GE and just being in the city and when chatting. But hey let's add more things and ignore the persistent problems that continue to plague this game and continue to spread. (And I realize that sentence said the same thing in 3 different ways but maybe it will sink into someone's thick skull.) You have had two major US server meltdowns in the last 2 weeks where people were unable to log in for hours...Pretty telling if you ask me. But yeah bring on the little piggy coin bank that says I collected x number of coins. WHO CARES!
It's because Inno is a company full of Millennials (aka snake people) and Millennials were taught that everyone deserves a prize or award just for 'trying'. Millennials love prizes, badges, awards and achievements because they are all special snowflakes who have a deep-seated need and the right, damn it, to be recognized whether or not they have actually done anything noteworthy or successfully. I blame the parents. Those of us who were taught that you only get an award when you win or actually achieve something noteworthy don't feel the need to get a random achievement badge for doing something we were already doing (playing FoE). A badge is not going to make me play differently or more often so what the heck is the point? Am I going to look for other players' badges? Uuuuhhh, no.

DeletedUser27889

It's because Inno is a company full of Millennials (aka snake people) and Millennials were taught that everyone deserves a prize or award just for 'trying'. Millennials love prizes, badges, awards and achievements because they are all special snowflakes who have a deep-seated need and the right, damn it, to be recognized whether or not they have actually done anything noteworthy or successfully.
I think that you would be able to make your point without going so far out of your way to marginalize an entire generation of people. You're better than that.

I also don't exactly understand your point. An achievement award highlights an actual in game achievement. Albeit unimportant ones but then again nobody is curing cancer by playing this game. Do I think people are really going to care much about them? No. This isn't the type of game where I think it matters, you can see someones city and have a pretty good idea of what they have achieved.

At the same time I don't think it hurts anything, but I most definitely agree they have more important things to be working on. Though this mentality were getting here whenever someone post a proposal or for every new release of 'Anything other than inno fixing XYZ is worthless', which I at times have been guilty of myself, isn't really going to get us anywhere.

DeletedUser5111

There is one problem with the new profile. You can no longer use line breaks so anything you put in your profile message comes out as one big wall of text.

..... The CM from Beta told me the devs were not clever enough to find a way to prevent the bug on mobile devices caused from newlines.... so the PC players suffer because of Mobile...

Also, many more things you could have been working on Inno. When are you going to get your priorities straight? Do we need to get clever and start going over your heads to some form of management?

qaccy

Garbage.

Fail.

Losing players.

Game dying.

I've got to question why you continue to stay here and play a game you seem to hate so much. Why not join the alleged droves of players leaving and find something more enjoyable to fill your time with, instead of utilizing the anonymity of the internet to spew toxic bile at your fellow humans? Grow up.

DeletedUser28021

Mobile drains my battery and overheats my phone. My main use for it is to nip in quickly and collect things, so as not to waste potential production. Even doing this, it frequently eats 10% or more of my battery, just collecting and turning in quests. I suspect it goes on draining my battery even when I'm logged off, and fairly sure turning off the phone's screen doesn't help at all.

I'm not in favour of anything that consumes any more power, unless I can turn it off, and my top feature requests for mobile would be (a) treasure hunt (2) fix the battery drain (3) make it harder to accidentally take unwanted actions (4) get rid of the integration with google games, which slows down logins bypassing their attempt to give me a new and unwanted FOE/google account (5) let me see how many more collections my LoA has, etc.

That said, I haven't seen the new feature yet. I'll be sorry to lose the nice chatty story-style profile of one of my guildies; she tells the ongoing history of her town in a role play fashion. It's already inconvenient to see all her text - some displays truncate it, even on the browser. And not having new lines is a step backwards. But I'm generally amused by achievements, and find myself working to collect them almost in spite of myself. In fact, when I was becoming bored with World of Warcraft the achievements probably kept my interested for an extra month, maybe two. (But in the end, they didn't compensate for game play changes that I found made that game less fun, and I stopped playing.) Perhaps I'll like this.

DeletedUser11427

There is one problem with the new profile. You can no longer use line breaks so anything you put in your profile message comes out as one big wall of text.
Not as restrictive, but extremely frustrating in the Message threads as well. A guild I was a member of a couple of years ago, used to put out a "newspaper" can't now.. Too many line breaks

DeletedUser18851

I've got to question why you continue to stay here and play a game you seem to hate so much. Why not join the alleged droves of players leaving and find something more enjoyable to fill your time with, instead of utilizing the anonymity of the internet to spew toxic bile at your fellow humans? Grow up.

If I wasn't bound by the 650 ms ping of a satellite internet connection, I would have picked up a different game and quit this one long ago. I like having a game to waste some time on and I have a lot of friends here so it's hard to leave. You entirely misunderstand me. I don't hate the game. It's hard to watch the game slowly dying and turning into a sissy fest and this garbage achievements nonsense is the best example of that downward spiral yet. It used to be a great game, and I keep hoping the devs will reverse course but every changelog comes out and FACEPALM.

If you can recommend an interesting multiplayer game where having such a high ping doesn't completely cripple a person, let me know.

DeletedUser27178

I agree. This is a "what for"... ??? !!!!

I would suggest an addition to the Tavern Feature, which would allow the player to spend Tavern Coins for chances to win Medals for expansions/Diamonds/Special Buildings, etc. A slot machine room in the Tavern.

And with GE being expanded to Level 4 and needing Medals!!! Anyway,that would be my suggestion, versus this idea.....

DeletedUser27184

Achievements are done in nearly every game. Its integral part of making the game more social. So I am surprised it came after so long.

DeletedUser27096

I think that you would be able to make your point without going so far out of your way to marginalize an entire generation of people. You're better than that.

I also don't exactly understand your point. An achievement award highlights an actual in game achievement. Albeit unimportant ones but then again nobody is curing cancer by playing this game. Do I think people are really going to care much about them? No. This isn't the type of game where I think it matters, you can see someones city and have a pretty good idea of what they have achieved.

At the same time I don't think it hurts anything, but I most definitely agree they have more important things to be working on. Though this mentality were getting here whenever someone post a proposal or for every new release of 'Anything other than inno fixing XYZ is worthless', which I at times have been guilty of myself, isn't really going to get us anywhere.
You are right, Manda...I, myself, have worked with a few Millennials who are hard workers and do not expect things to be just handed too them.

That said, I have had many, many interactions with (and have even been the manager of a few) Millennials who are the poster children for this generation's stereotype...lazy, entitled, petulant and arrogant. In my experience, the number of people I meet who fit the stereotype far outweighs the number who don't. I don't usually generalize, however, given my personal experiences and the fact that there is a ton of media that reflect my feelings about Millennials, I know it is not just me who feels this way. Heck, I've even attended seminars that teach how to manage and mentor Millennials (for we Gen Xers and Baby Boomers). I mean, yeesh, did anyone have training and seminars to show people how to manage and coddle the Gen Xers and Boomers...he!! no! We had to adjust our attitudes and conform or we were shown the door. Anyway, your point is well taken and thank you for calling me out on it. Sometimes I need a well-placed, polite kick in the hiney ;)!

I'm wondering, though, what would get us somewhere if we don't voice our dissatisfaction with Inno here on these forums? How can we actually get through to them and get them to effect some real, desirable change? You are a well-spoken rational contributor so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

IMG_0485.JPG

DeletedUser27096

I have been known to spew some toxic bile, myself, so I understand the other player's post. I think people stay even though they are frustrated bc they have been playing a long time and/or have sunk a lot of money into the game and therefore would be losing their investment if they stopped playing. I don't necessarily disagree with your comments (that player's post could have been better said and written) but I can see the players' perspective. I have not been playing very long myself (just over 4 months) but I would still be reluctant to stop playing, even in light of my frustrations, bc of my personal investment. Many players have made a commitment to the game and it often takes a lot for someone to forgo their commitment (i.e., breaking up is hard to do ;)).

DeletedUser27096

Mobile drains my battery and overheats my phone. My main use for it is to nip in quickly and collect things, so as not to waste potential production. Even doing this, it frequently eats 10% or more of my battery, just collecting and turning in quests. I suspect it goes on draining my battery even when I'm logged off, and fairly sure turning off the phone's screen doesn't help at all.

I'm not in favour of anything that consumes any more power, unless I can turn it off, and my top feature requests for mobile would be (a) treasure hunt (2) fix the battery drain (3) make it harder to accidentally take unwanted actions (4) get rid of the integration with google games, which slows down logins bypassing their attempt to give me a new and unwanted FOE/google account (5) let me see how many more collections my LoA has, etc.

That said, I haven't seen the new feature yet. I'll be sorry to lose the nice chatty story-style profile of one of my guildies; she tells the ongoing history of her town in a role play fashion. It's already inconvenient to see all her text - some displays truncate it, even on the browser. And not having new lines is a step backwards. But I'm generally amused by achievements, and find myself working to collect them almost in spite of myself. In fact, when I was becoming bored with World of Warcraft the achievements probably kept my interested for an extra month, maybe two. (But in the end, they didn't compensate for game play changes that I found made that game less fun, and I stopped playing.) Perhaps I'll like this.
Interesting...I play on an iPhone and iPad and it doesn't seem to drain my battery more than any other game, nor does it make my device hot. Is it possible to change something in your settings to prevent it running in the background? Or maybe you need to replace your battery? I am not an Android user so forgive me if you have already tried or eliminated the possibility of these things.