• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Changelog 1.172

Agent327

Well, since the error I was referring to was that it gave useless BA goods, then they are, in fact, fixing the error.

And by fixing it create a new error. Players that can not participate in GE, GBG and GvG, because they are in Bronze, can now donate goods from an era they are not in. Also no reno or one-up kit is needed when they move up. Fixing it would be something like being able to take part in GE, GBG, or GvG. You can not put one in your city until you reached a specific part of the techtree.

DeletedUser

And by fixing it create a new error. Players that can not participate in GE, GBG and GvG, because they are in Bronze, can now donate goods from an era they are not in. Also no reno or one-up kit is needed when they move up. Fixing it would be something like being able to take part in GE, GBG, or GvG. You can not put one in your city until you reached a specific part of the techtree.
I agree that would be a better solution, but this one is easier to implement and takes care of the core problem of having BA goods in the Treasury. Now if you want to continue this, message me directly and quit cluttering up this thread with pointless arguing.

Kranyar the Mysterious

And by fixing it create a new error. Players that can not participate in GE, GBG and GvG, because they are in Bronze, can now donate goods from an era they are not in.
And they can already donate goods to the treasury of any era they want. This building won't satisfy any event quests that require goods of your age or the age prior be donated anymore, it will only satisfy donate quests that don't specify an age, which are rare and which they could already do if they have the goods.

It also allows any member to use space in their city to help their guild with treasury donations, in this case the lowest age and often least used good - Iron Age.

I simply don't see the issue here. I also don't have an issue with not needing a reno kit for Bronze to Iron Age, since those players are the least likely to have garnered any. I am assuming that the building age will be Bronze, not Iron, so when they want to raise it's age to EMA or higher they will need to use multiple one-ups, or one reno.

DeletedUser38275

Assuming that I cannot log into my account today due to this rollout, it seems weird that iOS doesn’t show the new version of the app yet.
Any news would be nice, or hint me where else to look for infos.
thanks.

DeletedUser

Assuming that I cannot log into my account today due to this rollout, it seems weird that iOS doesn’t show the new version of the app yet.
Any news would be nice, or hint me where else to look for infos.
thanks.
Changelogs always get to the mobile version later, because they have to go through the middleman of the app store. It can be up to a week after the update shows up in the browser version to when it shows up in the various app stores.

DeletedUser38275

Changelogs always get to the mobile version later, because they have to go through the middleman of the app store. It can be up to a week after the update shows up in the browser version to when it shows up in the various app stores.
Thing is : I have my apps automatically update, and so far in a year of playing it has been very seamless, so much that I don’t ever notice when changes occur. I’ve never had them fail to be updated by the time the change would happen.
This time, my app still shows 1.171.1 today, no update in appstore, and the game may have already moved to 1.172., and my login is stuck waiting to register in GameCenter,.

DeletedUser

Thing is : I have my apps automatically update, and so far in a year of playing it has been very seamless, so much that I don’t ever notice when changes occur. I’ve never had them fail to be updated by the time the change would happen.
This time, my app still shows 1.171.1 today, no update in appstore, and the game may have already moved to 1.172., and my login is stuck waiting to register in GameCenter,.
As I said, it can take up to a week for the update to hit the app store. The settings you have on your device have no bearing on this, as it depends on when the app store provider makes the update available. And they are never available before the date stated in the announcement, so you could not have had your app updated "by the time the change would happen". Since you say you "don't ever notice when changes occur", it stands to reason that this is simply the first time you've noticed that it doesn't occur immediately on mobile.

(Incidentally, I also have my devices set to auto-update, but I still sometimes have to go to the app store and force an update. I don't know why this is, but I have noticed it more than once with previous updates.)

DeletedUser38275

As I said, it can take up to a week for the update to hit the app store. The settings you have on your device have no bearing on this, as it depends on when the app store provider makes the update available. And they are never available before the date stated in the announcement, so you could not have had your app updated "by the time the change would happen". Since you say you "don't ever notice when changes occur", it stands to reason that this is simply the first time you've noticed that it doesn't occur immediately on mobile.

(Incidentally, I also have my devices set to auto-update, but I still sometimes have to go to the app store and force an update. I don't know why this is, but I have noticed it more than once with previous updates.)
This game is not the firstI played, and I also know the appstore release process, at least more for iTunes than Android.
Surprising is that I cannot log anymore for hours now (Stuck at GC registration, yet my GC is active and working - also for other games)
Is my login limbo related to the change?
If so, Are you suspecting it could last up to a week?
Since also you mention ‘devices’: do you currently have a similar experience if you use iOS devices?

DeletedUser

This game is not the firstI played, and I also know the appstore release process, at least more for iTunes than Android.
Surprising is that I cannot log anymore for hours now (Stuck at GC registration, yet my GC is active and working - also for other games)
Is my login limbo related to the change?
If so, Are you suspecting it could last up to a week?
Since also you mention ‘devices’: do you currently have a similar experience if you use iOS devices?
I am not familiar with the abbreviation "GC", so I can't answer that part. I use Android, so have no experience with iOS devices. However, the update should not keep you from logging in. On PC you can't access the server during the actual update, so login could be prevented. On mobile, you should at most be prompted to update when the change is available, but not completely prevented from logging in. You should contact in-game support about the login issue if it doesn't resolve itself. You can do this from the main Forum page. There is a link there for support.

DeletedUser38275

I am not familiar with the abbreviation "GC", so I can't answer that part. I use Android, so have no experience with iOS devices. However, the update should not keep you from logging in. On PC you can't access the server during the actual update, so login could be prevented. On mobile, you should at most be prompted to update when the change is available, but not completely prevented from logging in. You should contact in-game support about the login issue if it doesn't resolve itself. You can do this from the main Forum page. There is a link there for support.
Update: after 4hours I was able again to log into 1.171.1 Just now, hadn’t been since about 8am EST. No sign of the change.
GC is GameCenter, the iTunes feature used to register play progress by FoE and other games.