• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Space Age Venus

icarusethan

yes, after 6 months of play you are well qualified to make such remarks. Learn something about the game before you post garbage on the forum.
i will ignore the fact you think forum age is actually my game age. But as a top 12 player in us16 you should make me feel like all Q server's player are lacking the basic understanding of GB' ROI

i will ignore the fact you think forum age is actually my game age. But as a top 12 player in us16 you should make me feel like all Q server's player are lacking the basic understanding of GB' ROI
[/QU
The HC and BG started out slow also. reading is not reality, rank 12 has absolutely no meaning. You seem to have missed that this is feedback on Space Age Venus, not your opinion of other people and their play

Overall Space Age Venus is very disappointing after waiting such a long time for it. Really, there is nothing new or different to get excited about, the only real benefit I got as an end game player were a few new expansions. The new GB is the biggest disappointment of all. I can't believe this is the best Inno could come up with.

Glockgemini

If Flying Monkey Island could drop a few upgrade fragments, it would be much more interesting. Nothing new gets pretty boring.

Yeah, its best to check all the stats and rewards in the wikia before planting a non-critical GB. I learned my lesson way back at the beginning when I planted ToB. When I looked up the Flying Monkey Island, I saw a glorified incident machine. If it were dropping the occasional upgrade fragment, it might be interesting.

SpinDrifter

RE: Flying Island - I like it. I'm seeing way to many negatives about it - and believe all comments to be correct IF you are an end game player. However, I'm a 30 mil city in PmE so while I'm not exactly a NUBE, neither am I as far forward as some who comment.

I built Flying Island using purchased goods - which eliminates one objection. I spent 2,000 FPs on the goods, and it's already paid back 30% of that. I think it works just fine. I have it at level 10, intend to go to level 20. Currently it drops 1-1/4 shards per day, at level 20 it will be 1-1/2. Over last week it has produced 250 FPs, 150 diamonds, and a few other goodies. It looks nice. I have the space. While it probably does not make financial sense for the end-game player, at an earlier age it just might.

icarusethan

RE: Flying Island - I like it. I'm seeing way to many negatives about it - and believe all comments to be correct IF you are an end game player. However, I'm a 30 mil city in PmE so while I'm not exactly a NUBE, neither am I as far forward as some who comment.

I built Flying Island using purchased goods - which eliminates one objection. I spent 2,000 FPs on the goods, and it's already paid back 30% of that. I think it works just fine. I have it at level 10, intend to go to level 20. Currently it drops 1-1/4 shards per day, at level 20 it will be 1-1/2. Over last week it has produced 250 FPs, 150 diamonds, and a few other goodies. It looks nice. I have the space. While it probably does not make financial sense for the end-game player, at an earlier age it just might.
your idea towards FI is the total opposite of the truth... its ultra trash for the earlier stage players and for end game player its ROI is okay, compared to level other GBs from lv140 to lv141 or something like that.

Zatrikon

For the military units, the Keen Eye ability is useful, but there's a serious (unintended?) consequence: That Fast units become the best ones to use. There doesn't seem to be any point in using any others. And since Keen Eye has been around since SAM, it's been this way for a while. It isn't specifically that the units have the be "Fast", just the ability to act early in the turn. But since there are no units with Rapid Deployment (and haven't been since VF Ninjas), Fast units are the choice. The SAAB Fast units had no range, which made them utterly useless against the Fast units of the previous age. Going first with 30% Keen Eye means you wipe out 30% of the enemy before they have a chance to act. Why would I ever want to build slower units or use them in battle?