• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Space Age Venus

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
We would love to hear your feedback about the Space Age Venus!
You can find the announcement here.

qaccy

It looks a lot prettier in my opinion than SAAB did. Thumbs up for that!

Ghost Blasters aren't as good as Nail Storms, so GBG will play out slightly different for SAV players. The dreaded 8 Nail Storm enemy army will be Ghost Blasters instead, which usually won't be able to attack on their first turn due to their poor movement and short range (for a ranged unit). Keep this in mind when you're fighting them, especially if you're using fast units with rogues!

The GB is mid-tier, if not slightly below. It's not a game-changer, and it's definitely not close to being the worst GB, but it's very expensive for what it does. The effect would be just fine if it wasn't also the most expensive GB to level up. It looks awesome visually, but it's a tough sell to build it otherwise.

UBERhelp1

It looks a lot prettier in my opinion than SAAB did. Thumbs up for that!

Ghost Blasters aren't as good as Nail Storms, so GBG will play out slightly different for SAV players. The dreaded 8 Nail Storm enemy army will be Ghost Blasters instead, which usually won't be able to attack on their first turn due to their poor movement and short range (for a ranged unit). Keep this in mind when you're fighting them, especially if you're using fast units with rogues!

The GB is mid-tier, if not slightly below. It's not a game-changer, and it's definitely not close to being the worst GB, but it's very expensive for what it does. The effect would be just fine if it wasn't also the most expensive GB to level up. It looks awesome visually, but it's a tough sell to build it otherwise.
That's a pretty good summary of it.

Cured Meat

the new GB was kind of blah in Beta. it won't be worth the amount of FP's for a lower level player to buy the goods. Earlier aged players can wait until SAV goods are reasonably priced.... in 9 months ;)

Big Baloney

The GB is still a very bad designed GB, and I not sure if the feedback from beta is addressed to the dev team. because its really a GB that sabotage the game, so the designer should be fired at ones if your would to be really be seen as a company that has his customers needs high.
but like on beta just ignore all our posts , keep up the blindfolds and have your wages come in that will work :)

FluffyPhoenix

The only goods things I'm seeing from this age are the artistic style, some better usable units and two new expansions for me, assuming I can use TE to push deep enough.
Everything else is the same old or underwhelming.

Algona

worst design ever on a GB.

I can hear the conversation taking place on the Island of Unloved GBs.

Space Needle: Hey see this? Someone is trying to move me up the ranks of GBs. Way cool!

Notre Dame: You're such a n00b SN. This happens all the time. Somebody using us to make a point about a questionable GB. You're still stuck here with the rest of us.

Colosseum: Silly posters! I'll never be supplanted!

qaccy

The GB is still a very bad designed GB, and I not sure if the feedback from beta is addressed to the dev team. because its really a GB that sabotage the game, so the designer should be fired at ones if your would to be really be seen as a company that has his customers needs high.
but like on beta just ignore all our posts , keep up the blindfolds and have your wages come in that will work :)
It 'sabotages' the game, huh? It could be a lot worse. Way I see it, if it's being built that tells me that people want to build it. And if it's being built, that means it must have value to the ones building it. What's being 'sabotaged' here?

Also...the Negotiation Boost should work in GBG because the Attack Boost does. Why does one have different rules than the other?
Probably because the boost in the Tavern explicitly says it applies only to GE. Not only the icon being the GE icon, but hovering over it on PC says it applies to GE only. Not GBG, not exploration sites in the space ages, not quest objectives when those pop up. Just GE. The attack boost just raises your attack. Doesn't say anything about it only working in a specific part of the game.

And personally, I prefer a version of the game that has both GvG and GBG in it. Even with the state both are in, I'd rather have both than just one. That way players have more options for how to spend their time on the game!

Gunnygunnz

Well on a good note MAYBE just MAYBE the next settlement will reveal that it may be worth building this new Flying Newb Trap.
Never know we can only hope!

Shards for a new Building Maybe hint hint INNO?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well on a good note MAYBE just MAYBE the next settlement will reveal that it may be worth building this new Flying Newb Trap.
Never know we can only hope!

Shards for a new Building Maybe hint hint INNO?
Unfortunately we already know what all the shards give, and it isn't a new building:

Common Shard
  • 20 forge points
  • 25 random goods (current era)
  • 25 random goods (previous era)
  • 1 or 10 light units
  • 1 or 10 ranged units
  • 1 or 10 heavy units
  • 1 or 10 artillery units
  • 1 or 10 fast units
  • 2 blueprints
  • coins
  • supplies
Uncommon Shard
  • 100 forge points
  • 200 random goods (current era)
  • 100 random goods (previous era)
  • 10 rogues
  • 8 hour rush mass coins
  • 6 hours rush mass supplies
  • mass self aid kit

Rare Shard
  • 5 blueprints
  • medals
  • one up kit
  • renovation kit
  • store building
  • Mysterious shard (reward varies on active settlement)
    • 300 random goods (current era) or
    • 150 forge points

(copied and expanded from official release thread).

Gunnygunnz

Unfortunately we already know what all the shards give, and it isn't a new building:

Common Shard
  • 20 forge points
  • 25 random goods (current era)
  • 25 random goods (previous era)
  • 1 or 10 light units
  • 1 or 10 ranged units
  • 1 or 10 heavy units
  • 1 or 10 artillery units
  • 1 or 10 fast units
  • 2 blueprints
  • coins
  • supplies
Uncommon Shard
  • 100 forge points
  • 200 random goods (current era)
  • 100 random goods (previous era)
  • 10 rogues
  • 8 hour rush mass coins
  • 6 hours rush mass supplies
  • mass self aid kit

Rare Shard
  • 5 blueprints
  • medals
  • one up kit
  • renovation kit
  • store building
  • Mysterious shard (reward varies on active settlement)
    • 300 random goods (current era) or
    • 150 forge points

(copied and expanded from official release thread).
Mysterious Shard :) varies on settlement

Kranyar the Mysterious

Mysterious Shard :) varies on settlement

Have Faith
Yes, Viking or Japanese = goods, Egypt and Aztec = fp. While I suppose that the next settlement could offer something different, that is a huge stretch to make based on Inno's history. Going by their history the next settlement will offer either goods or fp.

Hoping for anything else is almost certainly going to lead to disappointment. Faith? Not a chance. That ship done sailed.