• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Space Age Venus

Kranyar the Mysterious

I saw this a few days ago, and decided to test it out, since it’s the first time I’ve heard about it. Just aged up to TE today after GbG started, without doing anything battles in GbG. As I suspected, this is incorrect. I’m still fighting CE troops, while the rewards are all TE.

TL,DR: no need to to do anything, as long as you age up AFTER GbG start, you will fight previous age army, while earning current age rewards.
Thanks for the update. When GBG was first released it was reported that you needed to do that first battle before moving or else you would end up fighting in your new era. Either it changed or was misreported, but in any case was simple to do and much better to be safe than sorry barring any further reports. I certainly didn't want to chance it when I did my big 11 era jump.

Sarge1949

The flying island is a big let down. I have been looking for a shard since 9am today and still no where. The very first time I tried to find on by the time it finally appeared and I clicked on it it got a message that it wasn’t available any longer. So this new GB is a big waste of time, and fps, goods.

iPenguinPat

I can hear the conversation taking place on the Island of Unloved GBs.

Space Needle: Hey see this? Someone is trying to move me up the ranks of GBs. Way cool!

Notre Dame: You're such a n00b SN. This happens all the time. Somebody using us to make a point about a questionable GB. You're still stuck here with the rest of us.

Colosseum: Silly posters! I'll never be supplanted!

The cost to build each of those GBs and level them is very small. we're talking about 14k to take any of those to level 60.

Flying Noob Trap costs 30k+ to level to 60, and 4500 of the highest age good (plus RQ nerf, so a slight reduction in production).

A reasonable case could be made that the Flying N00b Trap puts you so far in the red, it's actually worse than those other GBs. At least the other GB's didn't cost you so many FP and goods... FNT will never pay for itself. TOR provides more than enough Reno/1up kits/store buildings - which is the only thing FNT has going for iit.

In short, FNT is the worst GB in the game because the cost put you so far into the red, it'll never pay for itself. You'd be better off to have empty space.

Yes, there are n00bs on our server that have come asking me for the goods to build this. when i told them it was 1) bugged, and 2) lousy even if it worked as described, they acted like they were hearing the news for the first time.

Two major complaints. First, it's awful trying to view and plan. You have to be moving or placeing a building to really see the road and the bounds of the otherer buildings. Simply awful to use.

Second, the lag on mobile is just miserable. I kept restarting my phone before it became clear the issue was the colony, not my phone.

The 2000 abort limit is meh. Tedious to have to do extra quests per cycle, but it's still functional. Just makes the game less fun. Keeping the fighting RQ's with an abort cap feels forced; like someone is trying to pretend like the problem is with the players, not the quest.

Aside from the colony and the continent map, the buildings look nicer than saab. so that's nice.

Cut/paste saab + new skins + Stat bonus = already bored. Haven't even finished the tech tree and already feeling like we're back into the same rut. Maybee if there were some new game features that were worth playing and/or more variety than gbg it would be better. As is... magic 8 ball says "outlook not so good"

p.s. really sad that the only things that have happened in 2021 that have been exciting are changes being reverted to how they were before. Nothing new, just not breaking/ruining things of old.

Last edited:

Coach Zuck

The options for 1 troop from the common shards was removed (you can see they're missing from the announcement on this forum from being edited, on beta it was formally announced)

This positively affects all common rewards since, for example, common shards now have a 1/11 chance of being FP, 2/11 chance of being goods, rather than 1/16 chance of FP and 2/16 chance of goods

Here's the new reward table. I've taken out the % chance and shards/day columns from my earlier posts, to add in the new two columns at the end (due to size constraints) since I think they provide better perspective in to the value of the FP rewards. My conclusion is that although this is an improvement, investing 5 years of FP to get a ROI on the FP side, isn't worth the 7 troops and 38 goods per day - for my city at least. Personally, I would rather level traz 7 times, throw away the goods, and keep the space.

LevelFP/dayFP/day AztecGoods/dayGoods/day VikingTroops/dayCost with 1.9 locksFP ROI days
6930​
761​
9289​
958​
10721​
1059​
11398​
1102​
19438​
1431​
22609​
1431​
34723​
1614​
48007​
1992​

icarusethan

The options for 1 troop from the common shards was removed (you can see they're missing from the announcement on this forum from being edited, on beta it was formally announced)

This positively affects all common rewards since, for example, common shards now have a 1/11 chance of being FP, 2/11 chance of being goods, rather than 1/16 chance of FP and 2/16 chance of goods

Here's the new reward table. I've taken out the % chance and shards/day columns from my earlier posts, to add in the new two columns at the end (due to size constraints) since I think they provide better perspective in to the value of the FP rewards. My conclusion is that although this is an improvement, investing 5 years of FP to get a ROI on the FP side, isn't worth the 7 troops and 38 goods per day - for my city at least. Personally, I would rather level traz 7 times, throw away the goods, and keep the space.

LevelFP/dayFP/day AztecGoods/dayGoods/day VikingTroops/dayCost with 1.9 locksFP ROI days
6930​
761​
9289​
958​
10721​
1059​
11398​
1102​
19438​
1431​
22609​
1431​
34723​
1614​
48007​
1992​
I'm glad they are making this GB better, but just because you put a flower on top of a pile of cowshit not gonna make the pile turn into gold, lol, need to do way better than this...

Joeyjojojo

Not sure how much time and effort went into this, but the result is a new age that is just a re-skin of the last two and a GB that is basically a very expensive but also mediocre ToR (it is pretty though).

The GB is particularly galling because people have suggested many actually good ideas for how a GB could help with settlements (some kind of timing adjustment, settlement currency, inverse emissaries...), and there are other (DNSL) suggestions/ideas for different GB benefits that would actually be good--some of them are not even game breaking, or at least less so than Arc. This one is just lazy. It seems like no one bothered with simple math for it either because if they had you'd think it would at least be as good as ToR, though it should really be much better considering the cost. Maybe it was supposed to have a second benefit and that got forgotten at some point (though looking at it I'm guessing it would be happiness).

As for the age overall, meh. I liked the space age ideas at first (colony, mining the c-map) but it's really become tiresome. I'll get to SAV at some point, but I've been regretting leaving VF for a bit now.

DiamondHands

Shards should now be fixed. Let us know if the indicator is still faulty
Mine is still saying I have a shard but when I look for it, there’s no shard. Made sure my app is updated to the newest version and I tried deleted the app, turning off phone and redownloading but still have the same issues

Emberguard

Mine is still saying I have a shard but when I look for it, there’s no shard. Made sure my app is updated to the newest version and I tried deleted the app, turning off phone and redownloading but still have the same issues
Thankyou. Which version number are you on currently?

Flying Island is giving same rewards as ToR, have same rare/common groups (silver/gold/jade relic) it spawns shard with % for each 4 hours, so 6 per day, like Tor have % for each try in GE, so ToR give you 64 ties per week, Island only 42(6*7) , and you have to have open settlements so the shards can appear there as incidents in your city do, ( you don't open one , you don't get shards), but good point you don't have to do anything there at least, just have it open...

Sooooo, same rewards as ToR, costs 2 times more to level than ToR(if not more) to same level ,so thank you, but no, thank you. Unless Inno will add something else to this building as bonus, like goods for the Guild at least, this building will just be fp burning place. The GT got a race on its first release day(as every other GB in last 3 years, even Virgo got small race), i don't see anyone falling over themselfs to get this one, the only good thing about it are its looks.

The Lady Redneck

But we need to look at it from a long term perspective. SAV sure looks like a very pretty Era. And the FoE is continuing to evolve. From a game of tactics into a grab the pretty bauble and build a pretty city game that requires less actual need for brains or the ability to communicate with others. So it is probably a good pointer to what future developments will be.

Raymora

I find it hard to believe the Flying Island made it out of beta as is.
TOR FI
# chances/week 64 42
prizes good mediocre

This is not a GB cost wise for low level players. High level players do not need:
BPs
medals
coins
supplies

I can see those prizes for common shards, not uncommon and certainly not above that.

Drop rates - TOR is ok (well established), but FI does not seems to drop as advertised. I have a 33.3% chance = about 2 per day average and I see 1 per day. I assume INNO will fix this, but until more people comment on this, nothing will happen.

It would be nice to see what rewards we got from TOR, SC, HC and FI so we could compare. Rewards per week on SC and HC are far higher than both TOR and FI. It seems out of balance to me as well as a possible bug in drop rates. I hope this starts a conversation among those who have built a FI.

Just An Observer

My placement of an Island was done when the RFP had been used up and needed replacing. Even a smaller handful of rewards beats gathering surplus BP's. I like having a collection of rewards buildings. The Island came up so I got one!

Zatrikon

The units at least look pretty decent for the most part. Unlike the SAAB units. I fought my way all the way through SAAB using SAM Sentinels and VF Rocket Troops - quite easily.

There seems to be a thematic disconnect with the goods. How do we get Glowing Seaweed from Venus - a planet that has no seas? Or Herbal Snacks or Soy Protein or Sugar Crystals? All of which are available in the present day of the real world.

This is a terrible GB. The rewards are sporadic at best, and definitely not worth building and leveling this GB for. I have mine at level 37 and seriously considering taking it out of my city. I can use the space for more useful buildings

icarusethan

This is a terrible GB. The rewards are sporadic at best, and definitely not worth building and leveling this GB for. I have mine at level 37 and seriously considering taking it out of my city. I can use the space for more useful buildings
the fact you didn't realize that until lv37 means you have no right to complain