• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Summer Event 2021

Agent327

REALLY FOE!? This sharing the wheel is for the birds. Bought diamonds waiting for Governors Villa to appear and when I'm spinning someone refreshes the wheel and its gone. I checked, he had a level 9 Villa already! I'll never do another share anything event again :mad:

It does help to read the Announcement before you start an Event.

" However, please keep in mind, that your neighborhood shares the wheel. Therefore, when you grab a prize, it is then gone for everyone else, and when you refresh, the list of prizes also refreshes for the rest of the neighborhood. "

LoveNkind

Agree the wheel is a lot of junk but I have gotten a troop or two and several nice prizes I am very happy with like Crows Nests. The main thing is the Pirate Reef, which is awesome.
It provides 3000 happiness. That gives an excuse to inform Devs that I now have 45 000 extra happiness out of 8000 happiness needed.

I think the event was ok, but that people acted very obnoxiously with it. There was a LOT of deliberate refreshing just to prevent someone else from getting what they were spinning for, I personally experienced it several times, and I have seen plenty of complaints about it. The first time it happened to me, I sent a message to the person asking why they would refresh the wheel when an excellent event building (Crows Nest) was still on it, and they replied, "I don't want a level 1 building in my city". Pretty stupid reason, but they could have just waited about 30 seconds while I continued to spin, and then when I either won the CN or quit, then refreshed it. I think there was way too much deliberate behavior designed to annoy others, rather than to improve your own situation or work with others for mutual benefit. Sad.

I think the event was ok, but that people acted very obnoxiously with it. There was a LOT of deliberate refreshing just to prevent someone else from getting what they were spinning for, I personally experienced it several times, and I have seen plenty of complaints about it. The first time it happened to me, I sent a message to the person asking why they would refresh the wheel when an excellent event building (Crows Nest) was still on it, and they replied, "I don't want a level 1 building in my city". Pretty stupid reason, but they could have just waited about 30 seconds while I continued to spin, and then when I either won the CN or quit, then refreshed it. I think there was way too much deliberate behavior designed to annoy others, rather than to improve your own situation or work with others for mutual benefit. Sad.
I've seen this a lot with the event this time around. Way too much trolling with the wheel.

DevaCat

I have not had very many refresh while I was spinning. My hoods must all be older people, not twelve year olds?
FogHorn LegHorn sez: "That's a joke son, I say, that's a joke"
and
"Who's responsible for this unwarranted attack on my person?"
You realize only a fraction of us even know who Foghorn Leghorn was? . But I have seen the gratuitous refreshing of the wheel just to screw with others. I chalk it up to the rise of the Narcissists we are currently plagued with.

Joeyjojojo

You realize only a fraction of us even know who Foghorn Leghorn was? . But I have seen the gratuitous refreshing of the wheel just to screw with others. I chalk it up to the rise of the Narcissists we are currently plagued with.
"I say, lookey here son..."

There are certainly trollish refreshers out there, but I wouldn't really try to ascribe intent to most of it. Seems far more likely that most players are refreshing simply because there's nothing on there they want, and they don't even know/think to look at whether someone else is trying to get something. (Hint: they aren't the ones who reach out to previous spinners after refreshing ;) )

The shared wheel is always a change of pace from other events. I wish that my hoods were a bit more active than they are, but it could just be a case of when I am on vs. others. And if they were more active it could be that I'd be wishing for a more quiet hood... Either way this event is never stellar for me, but not one I think needs changing really either (other than making all the gold prizes actually gold prizes--ditch goods, FPs, and for goodness' sake medals from the rotation).

NWWolverine

This is a event for new players. The rewards are low level and the main buildings take up too much area to make them worthwhile for established cities. Smaller, more difficult to achieve property with great rewards will get the effect they want, us spending diamonds!

Johnny B. Goode

(other than making all the gold prizes actually gold prizes--ditch goods, FPs, and for goodness' sake medals from the rotation).
I agree with the medals, but I really like getting 150 free current era goods. And the FP just needs to have the amount upped to at least 50 to make it worthy of gold status.
This is a event for new players.
I've seen this kind of comment many times, and I heartily disagree. Any player benefits from any event if they put a tiny bit of effort into it. I am building up my AD coin/gemstone totals with all the free stuff I'm getting, I'm getting free current era goods from the wheel. And with the main building and a few Captain's Anchorages I will up my attack boosts in at least a couple of my cities, if not all of them. Even my SAM city benefits from this event.

Karen Isaacsdottir

I have refreshed often when I didn't see anything I wanted/needed - and no, I didn't read the announcement that this was the case; why would I assume that this is a group thing, that my action of refreshing affects others? How could I refrain from refreshing on that basis alone? Totally bogus.

Ebeondi Asi

I have refreshed often when I didn't see anything I wanted/needed - and no, I didn't read the announcement that this was the case; why would I assume that this is a group thing, that my action of refreshing affects others? How could I refrain from refreshing on that basis alone? Totally bogus.
If i see someone playing the wheel (I can see the bottom who won what changing) I do refrain from refreshing the wheel. IT is not bogus, just polite. But if they changed the wheel while i was working it for a particular prize... i may return the favor.. or try to snatch that new prize myself.

Johnny B. Goode

This has been a pretty decent event. Full main building on 7 worlds with no Diamonds spent, one of which didn't have the extra selection kit from the previous event's surprise box. On the other two worlds where I didn't have that surprise box (and the upgrade it contained) I spent a total of 825 Diamonds to get that last upgrade. Whether I'll build them all (or any of them, for that matter) remains to be seen. Got lots of AD fodder along the way. And had WWs come up on a couple of worlds in the AD tonight, so I snapped them up.

Aethelcatt VIII

I liked this event a lot, mainly because it was easy. I say "easy" in two different senses of the word.

First, the game mechanism is easy to handle. After the first couple of days running through the rush quests, the event and the mini-game really didn't require much extra attention. I know some of you (yes, you, Johnny B. Goode:p) like mini-game that require a little more skill and/or brain input, but I'm already spending way too much time every day on this thing (GE, GBG, PVP, cultural settlements...), so I'd say give me the mindless wheel spinning or frog jumping any time.

And second, the main event building and the chained attachments were easy to obtain. About a week into the event, I already had the Hideout, eight upgrades, and all three attachments, some of them more than one, and I had only spent about 500 diamonds near the beginning--simply because I was too impatient to wait for the doubloons to trickle in. Between a full-time job, family obligations and other hobbies, I'd say the amount of work required by this event is quite perfect.

Ironrooster

All 3 worlds got the full Pirate's hideout with no diamonds, 1 needed the event box and the other 2 got an upgrade with the last doubloon so the event box selection kit will be saved for next year.

All 3 worlds got the 3 or 4 crow's nest upgrades needed to max the building with 1, 5, and 6 extra.

One world got all 9 levels of the Governor's Villa plus an extra, 2nd world got 5 levels of GV, 3rd world got 1 level of GV with the last doubloon on refresh and spin.

I also got 6, 2, and 4 extensions, all but 1 of the type I wanted.

All in all, the luckiest and most profitable event I've had in the 11 months I have been playing.

Lord Pest

I got the completed Pirates Hideout without using diamonds but this was the first time I needed the event box to do so. I missed that final compass upgrade by 2 moves of the ship.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Final thoughts. Same basic event as always, nothing positive or negative there. Got full building easily for free, plus one piece (from the surprise box), so that was fine. Daily special payout seemed much lower than previously, whether from reduced payout rate or just bad luck hard to tell. Building is quite good. Overall a blah but fine event.

CDmark

Well, summer event was nice esp after the last event. I liked the last event but Summer event, you can play the wheel when you want and not have to play the mini game (use tickets). For the record, I liked the last event and the minigame, just stating the different pace was nice.
OK, the wheel, well, it is a pirate theme and if someone flips the wheel on you or steals your gold prize, hey, think PIRATES, thieves.
Summer event has always been a good event to age up, many buildings and military units are won. Some things dont need to change.

Ebeondi Asi

It seems the special events are longer than the time between events. It takes the ‘special’ out of the event.

Sort of like a cheap furniture store advertising ‘On Sale Now!’ 365 days a year.
If you do not wnt to play that often then do not take part in the Event. No reason you have to take part at all. I skip Events if do not want the main prize. The best events have a main prize and a secondary prize I really want. Those Events I play hard. Like the Summer Event had two good prizes. The coming Cooking one?? I read the Cooking Main prize is junk.. ?? So I will not be playing it much. No problem.