• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Summer Event 2021

Mountainman496

Inno needs to either trash this event or give it a major overhaul. Worst event ever!! I have spun the wheel 36 times so far and won ONLY 1 gold prize!!!

Ebeondi Asi

Some prizes have vanished from the wheel completely in some of my Worlds. All that means is I stop spending money .LOL

Last edited:

Ryker.

Why does Inno ask to collect incidences -OR- ??? in the quest? 8nno erases incindences and doesn't give any for 8 hours. Just quit asking for them, Inno.

Ericness

Enjoying this classic event as expected. So far I've put up another Crow's Nest and should soon have a second Governor's Mansion for my main. I had been looking forward to these prizes and even dipped into my GE diamond hoard once to get them (mostly due to my own impatience). The wheel has been very good to me over the the years and it's nice to see I still have a feel for it. My only worry at this point is running out of real estate for the main prize, though I don't really have any interest in chaining it which should help

Lord Pest

Just got:

Gain 52,500 happiness.

Even for Space Age Venus that seems like an awful lot.

for VF it was 22.5k happiness. I just deleted some 2x2 supply buildings and put down delete repeat FE planetariums. They are worth 500 happiness and it’s just a click fest for a few minutes to complete the quest.

Joeyjojojo

Gain 52,500 happiness.

Even for Space Age Venus that seems like an awful lot.
It was ~50k in SAAB. I built and stored the necropolis a couple times (gotta find something to do with all those store buildings). But yea, I agree, it was a lot.

This event is never terribly exciting for me--it is so gambling heavy and that always gets a big shrug from me. I've hit refresh and spin, had a gold reward I really wanted pop up and get it all with 1 doubloon. I've also spun a single wheel 20x before it landed on the gold. Basically the event is: do the quests until you have 20+ doubloons then refresh until something good comes up, and then spin until you get it or someone else does. Stop once you get 1 [good] thing unless you got it in the first few spins then maybe try for #2. Occasionally you get really lucky and someone else refreshes for you and something good comes up, but they may just refresh past it so...

That said, I actually like that it's much harder in this event than others to guarantee a complete previous building since that helps older ones keep their "value" to me. Also, if you only need a couple more upgrades or are looking for one/two-offs like SO's it's not hard to get those (you probably won't get 20 lv2 SOs, but you can get a few if that's your goal). I also like that we don't have to wait for the one day when something we want is available, so it's easier to play at our own leisure.

As for that 20 spins, here's one case of what the wheel looked like when I finally grabbed the gold:
summerevent.jpg
and I have had worse luck with this.

jeffj2

I'm a new player (June 2021). I enjoyed the Wildlife Event, and the associated tile challenges. I am enjoying the Summer Event. For very little effort, I get a couple of daily coins and extra goodies for my usage/settlement. So far, I'm on my way to a fully levelled Pirate building. And I collected 5 of the addons as well. As a newbie, the real issue is space on my settlement. In summary, seems like a fun mini-game with good prizes.

Pickleweasel

I didn't care for this last year, and I'm not a fan this year. Sheer randomness is fine. Sheer randomness injected with 75 people competing against each other for luck amongst luck is not fun.

Ebeondi Asi

After many days it is clear I am pesona non grata when it comes to GV kits. I have not gotten more than one* in well over a hundred new spins. But I Do see and win them from others renewing the wheel. So why would Inno F* me personally? mystery.
*The hilarious part is that one GV kit was just a few minutes after my rant earlier in this thread about them not showing up. So ???
Maybe the black hat messing with me reads this 'plaint and gives me a few more...
(It is possible it is not Inno but some black hat with nothing better to do than mess with players heads?

Added: After several day as above.. I guess someone read my comment and now I am getting GV upgrades showing up. Whoo hoo. Thank you mysterious person...

Last edited:

Wulfrythe

I’m a new player and really enjoyed the block/bubble popping from the previous event (was my first experience so was disappointed when it went away). The wheel event is ok but is not enjoyable as it’s just random and no strategy involved in winning something whereas the b/b pops players would have to strategize a bit. I appreciate finding add’l doublouns on the map but as someone stated before the prizes are nothing to get excited about. Still… loving this game so far. :)

Chucknorrris

There is a Balance where you want to make $ in the game and also make the game appealing to new players. It took me 8 days to get one event material from an incident. If you want to see new players grow and not quit, you're going to have to be less greedy. Event's are the best way to get people started, don't make it a $ thing to allow them to get a fully leveled building. A little fluff in the beginning = profit down the line!

Pericles the Lion

There is a Balance where you want to make $ in the game and also make the game appealing to new players. It took me 8 days to get one event material from an incident. If you want to see new players grow and not quit, you're going to have to be less greedy. Event's are the best way to get people started, don't make it a $ thing to allow them to get a fully leveled building. A little fluff in the beginning = profit down the line!
I haven't kept a log but I've collected at least 4 doubloons from incidents. Pretty much par for the course.

First time I've ever had to complain about the wheel. Spent close to 20 doubloons trying to get the Fisherman's Pier (nobody else was spinning at the time). There were literally maybe only 5 or 6 spins left on the wheel when someone else came in and refreshed it. Very aggravating.

First time I've ever had to complain about the wheel. Spent close to 20 doubloons trying to get the Fisherman's Pier (nobody else was spinning at the time). There were literally maybe only 5 or 6 spins left on the wheel when someone else came in and refreshed it. Very aggravating.
Hmmm... I wonder what the hood thinks when I refresh the wheels with decent gold prizes so nobody can have nice things.