• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Event Hub discontinuation

WinnerGR

I have rather mixed emotions on this change; while it was in Beta testing and before I didn't think it sounded like a good idea but then when it got to live servers I did get to enjoy it a little but seeing as I didn't play the game enough to ever get a real benefit from I honestly don't know whether I think this is a positive change or not.

However based on what others have said it would sound like even if I had played the game more I would still have had 'underwhelming boosts'. I also defiantly agree with @Pickleweasel 's point on the idea of 'showcasing the progress made in Events during a calendar year' when no one visits anyone eases cities

Sharmon the Impaler

I have rather mixed emotions on this change; while it was in Beta testing and before I didn't think it sounded like a good idea but then when it got to live servers I did get to enjoy it a little but seeing as I didn't play the game enough to ever get a real benefit from I honestly don't know whether I think this is a positive change or not.

However based on what others have said it would sound like even if I had played the game more I would still have had 'underwhelming boosts'. I also defiantly agree with @Pickleweasel 's point on the idea of 'showcasing the progress made in Events during a calendar year' when no one visits anyone eases cities
The last boost was 25% more coins from production buildings when you collect for the 6 days following the event. Ya , pretty underwhelming lol.

Reaver fka Rand

For me, any advantage gained from having the Event Hub was outweighed by losing a spot on the event quests where we would traditionally get a pile of stuff (coins, shamrocks, whatevers…) to spend on moving us forward through the event. The Hub update for event completion should have been simply a reward for completing a given event quest, similar to being rewarded with new avatars.

I wasn’t disappointed about it before, but I certainly am now that I didn’t have a chance to torch it myself!

Tgifri

We've just announced that the Event Hub Will Not Return For 2022. You can read about it here.

Should you have any comments, questions or issues, please let us know in this topic! We're very much looking forward to your feedback!
I did not notice it was gone until I saw the announcement. I tried it a few times and stopped looking at it. you did the right thing by removing the Event Hub.