• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for The Galata Tower!

Oswyn the noble

seems like the gt is a very sought after gb. even a few i know already got theirs over in high lvls. im trying to get it myself. seeing it doesnt require goods to build it, awesome sauce. i could really use it main city and not in other cities that dont have tactics unlocked.

Dover 112

I believe that the Galata will make the AM a marginal building going forward. Due to the size of GT (which is tiny) compared to the AM (which is massive). The results of plundering will become so hard as to make the AM useless just because of it size. The repel percentage of the attempted plunder is way to high for the size of GT.

RazorbackPirate

Not sure how you reach that conclusion. Both work separate and independent of each other. Galata denying a plunder has no impact on AM's chance of doubling a successful plunder.

gianteagle

Personally, I would say if you don't collect your buildings in time, in most cases you deserve to get plundered. This is a strategy game and planning your collections is a strategy for not getting plundered(get my drift?)

I think this is a poor way of helping plunderees. Inno should have made more even hoods so there is no excuse for being plundered except being a poor strategist. I get this may be hard but it should have been a fix that encourages strategy, instead of luck.

I built it as it is a good source of goods, helps prevent plundering, and is small for its use. In conclusion, it is a great building (play on words, haha only I think that's funny) but not the best solution for all the victims of plundering.

RazorbackPirate

I think this is a poor way of helping plunderees. Inno should have made more even hoods so there is no excuse for being plundered except being a poor strategist. I get this may be hard but it should have been a fix that encourages strategy, instead of luck.
If you find yourself in a hood that you 'feel' is uneven, isn't that the result of being a 'poor strategist?' Even prior to Galata, one of the proven strategies to minimize plunder is to be at the top of your hood.

I'm not lucky being at the top of my hood, it's the fruition of the strategy I undertook to minimize plundering. The mere fact that I'm at the top with a large attack boost deters most attackers. When it doesn't, I attack back, easily overcome their defenses, and plunder back. On rare occasions, that means a fun tit for tat over the next couple of weeks, most often, it means I never see them again.

There is no luck in FOE. There is only strategy. Failing to understand and implement winning strategies isn't the fault of the game, it's the fault of the player. You can either play the game the way it's designed, or you can play the game the way you wish it was designed. Out of the two, which one is the winning strategy?

gianteagle

Sorry, RazorbackPirate. My message came out confusing. I agree with you. I just meant if you complain about plundering it is not the gams fault, its yours for poor strategy. Inno did not really need a fix.
The luck part I just meant that they implemented a building that, of course uses lots of strategies, but implements some luck too. I totally agree with you and my message was a little unclear. I struggle with that a lot.

Oswyn the noble

i just got my gt in O. its open season to try get it at a higher lvl. ive always dreamt of a gb that actually repels plunderers. how effective it will be in the long run is yet to be determined

Dover 112

The GT is too powerful particularly at higher levels. What INNO should have done is decreased the cost of city shield. This has now made decisions I made a year or two ago pretty much meaningless. The AM now becomes a GB that is almost useless. :mad:

RazorbackPirate

The GT is too powerful particularly at higher levels. What INNO should have done is decreased the cost of city shield. This has now made decisions I made a year or two ago pretty much meaningless. The AM now becomes a GB that is almost useless. :mad:
Your statements are ridiculous. Decreasing the cost of the City Shield would have made it easier for people to completely shut you out. As it stands, even at level 80, you still have a 50% chance of a successful plunder which could still trigger AM. I get you don't like the effect GT has as plunderer, but it's here, like it or not.

Kinda funny to watch the plunderers become the whiners now.

Lord Pest

sounds like it’s time for you to get a seed vault... helping hands when you aid.

DeletedUser

What is it gonna be? Second GB on SAAB is when you plunder one building, you have x% to gain another plunder chance? i will finish that GB with diamond the second it comes out :)

I knocked the Galata when it first came out but it has made my city very unappealing to attackers. They have a high wall to get over , successful retaliation is very likely and now they may not even get anything on top of it

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Has anyone calculated out what level it would take to reach 100% plunder protection at the current known rate of % growth?

Do you think 80% might be a good practical limit for blocking all plunder?

At what point do you just put out 1 horseman (if you still have any) as a big f.u, while going about plundering at will among those who haven't built it?

Ericness

Perhaps I misjudged this slightly. The building seems like a solid goods producer so I will credit it for that. The plundering bit is an overreaction though. Some folks around here seem to have no idea how tame PvP is in this game compared to others.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Perhaps I misjudged this slightly. The building seems like a solid goods producer so I will credit it for that. The plundering bit is an overreaction though. Some folks around here seem to have no idea how tame PvP is in this game compared to others.
Ya, not many are really building it for the plunder protection, that is just a bonus.