• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for The Galata Tower!

Lady Gato

Is this live now? Or in a few days? I'd like to send a note out to my hood asking for attacks if it is live now.

DreadfulCadillac

Seems like a pretty weak great building, could be useful for newer players with a lower era city though. I'm going to build it anyway cause it looks cool and hey its only 3x3. Since its no age, how will we get the blueprints for this building besides contributing to other players great buildings?

Lady Gato

If you've never been plundered before and you are at least in Iron Age (the 2nd part I am not 100% sure of - maybe someone might be in EMA and never been plundered), then when you are attacked AND plundered - it triggers the quest. Otherwise you have to wait and get bps off of someone who gets it in a questline or someone who has got bps from someone who has done it from the questline and has built the Tower.

And the gb does cost to build -- fps. I got it thru putting fps down for bps, but a guildmate of mine in beta got it thru the questline. A bonus is it's size, the fact that it is upgradable to get more goods, and the fact that it isn't plunderable.

DreadfulCadillac

If you've never been plundered before and you are at least in Iron Age (the 2nd part I am not 100% sure of - maybe someone might be in EMA and never been plundered), then when you are attacked AND plundered - it triggers the quest. Otherwise you have to wait and get bps off of someone who gets it in a questline. And the gb does cost to build -- at least above level 0. It is like any other GB.
I said build not level, it only need blueprints to build at lvl 0.

Lady Gato

Well it doesn't do anything at level 0 - now does it? You place it down. And it is in the mud at lev 0. Sticks to bricks. Fps are required before it is a building.

DreadfulCadillac

True, but its the principle of it. Other powerful buildings (the arc for instance) require 1000s of high age goods to build, this seems like it will be a powerful building, so it should at least have the questline available for all players if it is going to have no cost to place in your city.

Lady Gato

I have it at level 10 in my beta city - it gives me a 28% chance that on the first 2 times per day that I am plundered that it will activate. So far, it's never activated. Of course I very rarely leave any goodies about my city. If I go to level 11 - the chance would be 28.73% - so not a big jump at all. At level 95 it is a 53% chance that a plunder protection will be triggered but I do not know if the first 2 tries still is the limit at that level.

And no one has to pay goods to build it -- so it is even on that case.

DeletedUser

Just seems like something to satisfy plunder crybabies to me.

Meh , It's a lot of FP to have a reduced chance. I plunder about 40-50 cities a day and if someone sends me a friend request then I accept it and stop. They approach like a non whining person then I may stop. They put that thing in I won't. 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other as far as I am concerned. I am indifferent to it.

EntSloth

I think this could be a good way to pacify those who are complaining about plundering all the time while not really affecting those who don't care. Then if someone whines you just point to this. I personally only attack people for quests and spoils of war (also the medals are nice). It would be useful for those who aren't super active and get plundered often, but I don't really see it having a place in the cities of really heavy players. I guess it could become another Tower of Babel, being used for the goods.

Lady Gato

Ok now I am upset -- I am in Iron Age and have never been plundered till today (based on the above announcement). The plundering did not trigger the quest so I wrote to support. Their response: it is NOT a feature of the game at this time. THIS IS WRONG. The announcement should have read it is coming, not that it is here. One upset player here.:mad: