• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Feedback for the Guides

DeletedUser9184

I was wondering if you guys have any sort of suggestions any new guides or for the guide section in general. I want to mainly focus on any new guide that I should include/make, but any improvements to our current guides wouldn't be bad as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13552

How about fixing the broken links to the guides? This problem is a clear example of poor customer support. I will stop purchasing anything from Inno (and I will urge others to do the same) until this problem is fixed. Shame on you, Inno.

DeletedUser8428

How about fixing the broken links to the guides? This problem is a clear example of poor customer support. I will stop purchasing anything from Inno (and I will urge others to do the same) until this problem is fixed. Shame on you, Inno.
I'm sorry, did you not read all the posts in the numerous threads about these guides? The guides are not provided by Inno - they are the work of a VOLUNTEER player who is aware that they need updating. Shame on WHO?

DeletedUser15477

Yes, how about fixing the broken links to the guide? It would be nice to actually read them and glean some information. Impossible to read.

DeletedUser8428

Yes, how about fixing the broken links to the guide? It would be nice to actually read them and glean some information. Impossible to read.
King, see above. A player who volunteers their time created the guides. From multiple other posts on this topic, you can see that he is aware of the issues with the guides and will fix them when he can

Anyone volunteering to help?

DeletedUser13552

I'm sorry, did you not read all the posts in the numerous threads about these guides? The guides are not provided by Inno - they are the work of a VOLUNTEER player who is aware that they need updating. Shame on WHO?

I do understand that a guide such as "One Lane vs Two Lane Comparison" is NOT an Inno product, and I agree that Inno should not be obligated to provide such guides. But I was referring to the basic stats for buildings. That information is vital, and I do think Inno has a responsibility to provide those stats.

DeletedUser9184

I do understand that a guide such as "One Lane vs Two Lane Comparison" is NOT an Inno product, and I agree that Inno should not be obligated to provide such guides. But I was referring to the basic stats for buildings. That information is vital, and I do think Inno has a responsibility to provide those stats.
Those are again updated by me when I was a normal player. The EN forums haven't gone through this change, so you can use them while it's still the old vBulliten: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Best-Guides

DeletedUser11721

I realize that a volunteer posts info about GBs, and I want to thank all of them. What I'm wondering is why can't a link be established to the old guides instead of having to post new ones? It used to take 2 maybe 3 clicks to get to a level by level reward for each GB.

DeletedUser8428

I realize that a volunteer posts info about GBs, and I want to thank all of them. What I'm wondering is why can't a link be established to the old guides instead of having to post new ones? It used to take 2 maybe 3 clicks to get to a level by level reward for each GB.
Because the architecture of the new forum is not the same as the old - at least, that's how I understood the explanation.

DeletedUser2145

But I was referring to the basic stats for buildings. That information is vital, and I do think Inno has a responsibility to provide those stats.
You can see that information from the main page:
https://us.forgeofempires.com/page/the_game/buildings/ Though this does not include Great Buildings and Special Event buildings.

What I'm wondering is why can't a link be established to the old guides instead of having to post new ones? It used to take 2 maybe 3 clicks to get to a level by level reward for each GB.
There are no old and new guides, basically. The forum is still the same old one but running on a new version. So the "old guides" are the ones you're seeing here, except the old codes do not work properly and have to be manually updated to work for this new version, which is tedious and heavy work at the least.

DeletedUser22367

Perhaps someone could fix the table coding in the "Goods Buildings & Tech Tree Requirements" guide. I've found it useful for planning but it's just so hard to read now.

DeletedUser2344

You've got Hansi's old building guide with it's point values in the obsolete portion of your index (and yes, it does stop at PME). Has there been any update to that to include all buildings. I'd like to know what all the building point values are. Thanks.

DeletedUser9184

You've got Hansi's old building guide with it's point values in the obsolete portion of your index (and yes, it does stop at PME). Has there been any update to that to include all buildings. I'd like to know what all the building point values are. Thanks.
I need some time to get the new point values since the ranking has changed them (actually getting the data may not take much time, it's making/editing the tables for it! :p), but the only point values listed here are Great Buildings and special buildings. I do have point values for all buildings on the EN forums, but I'd rather not link to it until it's updated ;)

Speaking of updating, what do you guys think I should do first? The different Statues stats', GB points, or something else?

DeletedUser23123

I just notice when selling goods buildings the rank numbers move up. Then building a set of different new goods buildings. It went down again. How much, I don't know. It seem that it gonna be a lot of work getting all the new points setting for every building. I would very much like to help. This kind of stuff interest me. Just don't have the techno to do so. Lost my Excel due to an upgrade. Don't have the money to get it replace. Been keeping up with stuff just using notebook. Plus, I'm only as high as HMA and barely breaking LMA.

DeletedUser9184

Btw, I thought I'd put my to-do list here, so you have an idea of my priorities:
  • Treasure Hunt Guide
  • Ranking Points for Buildings
  • 2nd EN Table to Everything Guide
  • Arctic Future (Part 1)
    • Special Buildings
    • Great Buildings
    • Residential
    • Production
    • Culture
    • Roads
    • Units
      • Stats
      • Buildings
      • Bonuses (Add New Units to existing bonuses)
    • PvP Tower
    • Expansions
    • World Map
    • Treasure Hunt
    • Goods (Buildings, Ratios, Tech Tree)
    • Update after rebalancing change
  • Special Buildings
    • Obtainable From (updated up to Halloween Event 2015)
    • Halloween 2015
    • Winter 2015 (Obtainable From)
    • Town Hall images
    • Dr. King Event
    • Valentine's 2016
    • Ranking Prizes
    • Leap Year
    • Easter Event 2016
    • Ranking Points
    • Update Champion's points & Redo Log Cabin
    • Yuri Gagarin Event
    • May Day Event
    • Isadora Duncan Event
    • Soccer Event
    • Arctic Future
    • Mary Stuart Event
    • Summer Event
    • Add column for produced-goods-when-motivated
    • Rename some events to questlines
    • Queen Sisi (Live)
    • Guild Expeditions? (Temple of Relics)
  • Redo Unit Stats
    • Beta
    • Live
    • Unit Idle
    • Explanations (Live)
  • Stone Thrower Camp is actually just Thrower Camp (EN, 2nd EN, US)
  • Redo Tomorrow Color in Guide to Everything
  • Add Arctic Future to Live Guides (once it's released that is)
    • EN
    • 2nd EN
    • US
  • Hidden Links
  • Temple of Relics (Live)
  • Beginning few Great Building images and Size of GB Name at beginning of each post
  • GvG
    • Update guide (wait until GvG changes)
    • Add Free-For-All Province (should be brief)
  • Arctic Future (Part 2)
    • Great Buildings
    • Residential
    • Production
    • Culture
    • Roads
    • Units
      • Stats
      • Buildings
      • Movement Costs
      • Bonuses
    • PvP Tower
    • Expansions
    • World Map
    • Treasure Hunt
    • Goods (Buildings, Ratios, Tech Tree)
  • Read some guides
  • Provinces
  • Glossary to Common Abbreviations
  • Update Guide's Index (EN and US)
  • Celebrate Ages
  • Temple of Relic: Separate chance of spawning from chest chances more
  • Great Building Point Integration and future levels
  • Production buildings' outputs
  • Guild Expeditions
    • Rewards
    • Boosts (different based on era)
    • Armies (type set-ups may be different in different ages)
  • Excel
  • Transpose Treasure Hunt Guide