• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Admin Conversations

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
We would love to hear your feedback about the Guild Admin Conversations!
You can find the announcement here.

Johnny B. Goode

"In addition, there is now an automatic deletion process for important conversations, to ensure that only the 500 most recent messages are saved. Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days. This will allow you to only have the most recent and pertinent information at your fingertips! "
This part of the message has me bewildered. In the Wiki explanation of the Message Center, marking guild conversations as "Important" meant that messages/info in them would never be deleted. This change seems to completely negate that. It seemed that the main reason for having "Important" threads that could not have messages deleted was to be able to preserve info permanently, much like the Guild Forum. Deleting messages after 60 days means a guild founder/leader/moderator will have to copy/paste (or completely retype) any important info every 2 months so as not to lose it. Seems rather short-sighted to me.

And what exactly does this mean?
"prepare for rigorously for your next event!"
Is it supposed to be "more rigorously"? Although even that would not make much sense. And since events are individual endeavors rather than guild endeavors, what would Guild Admin Messages have to do with them anyway?

This just seems to be a very poorly thought out change on the face of it. Maybe a more complete explanation/announcement would be helpful.

CaptainKirk1234

This is the update that was released in beta.

"Dear Kings and Queens,

After receiving your feedback regarding the Message Center, we have made some small improvements to the Message Center:
  • A new type of conversation in the Guild category will be added: 'Admin'
    • This type can only be created and deleted by admins
    • Newly promoted to Guild Admins should be able to see old Guild Admin conversations and newly demoted Admins should not be able to see old Admin conversations
    • The option to create an Admin thread can be selected by creating a new conversation and select the option of 'Admin' thread in the right bottom. Admin conversations can still be marked as important or locked.
    • A new filter will be added in the guild category to be able filter on 'Admin'
  • We have removed the limit of a maximum of 5 threads that could be labeled as 'important'
  • We have adjusted the automatic deletion system to not delete the most recent 500 messages
Please comment your feedback about this change here.

Kind regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team"

This is a link to the actual anouncement:

Agent327

"In addition, there is now an automatic deletion process for important conversations, to ensure that only the 500 most recent messages are saved. Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days. This will allow you to only have the most recent and pertinent information at your fingertips! "
This part of the message has me bewildered. In the Wiki explanation of the Message Center, marking guild conversations as "Important" meant that messages/info in them would never be deleted. This change seems to completely negate that. It seemed that the main reason for having "Important" threads that could not have messages deleted was to be able to preserve info permanently, much like the Guild Forum. Deleting messages after 60 days means a guild founder/leader/moderator will have to copy/paste (or completely retype) any important info every 2 months so as not to lose it. Seems rather short-sighted to me.

Important messages are not deleted after 60 days right away. You have to reach 500 important messages first, for that to start to happen. So once you have posted important message 501 ( no idea how you were able to reach that number ) a message older than 60 days will be deleted.

Please get rid of the auto-delete, or give us a way to save the messages if we choose. I have, on a number of occasions, had to scroll back in conversations to see what was said, or what deal was struck, with the exact wording. I have also save other things, like abusive messages, to be used later. Please drop this silly management idea.

Tony 85 the Generous

I think it is broke. Do I report it here or in bug report?

Guild Admin Msg Setup.JPG

Guild Admin Msg.JPG

I setup a Guild Admin thread (note the star in the first picture)

I then asked for a reply from whom can see it. Expecting only the guild leaders to reply. The first reply was from a leade,r the next replies were from members. Almost all of the members replies as being able to see it.

For reference, the first reply has leader, moderator, inviter, notifier, trusted member, and battleground lead privileges
Second reply has no privileges
Third reply has only inviter privilege

Last edited:

Emberguard

Those with the "moderator" guild right are included in Admin threads

Are those players marked as "Moderator" in the guild rights? The "moderator" guild rights use this symbol:
Moderator.PNG

Tony 85 the Generous

Those with the "moderator" guild right are included in Admin threads

Are those players marked as "Moderator" in the guild rights? The "moderator" guild rights use this symbol:
Moderator.PNG
I am sorry, I do not follow your question. There are members replying to an admin thread that do not have founder, leader, or moderator privileges.

Per the Guild-> Members section, where you can see the symbol you reference:
First reply has leader, moderator, inviter, notifier, trusted member, and battleground lead privileges

Agent327

View attachment 18421

View attachment 18420

I setup a Guild Admin thread (note the star in the first picture)

I then asked for a reply from whom can see it. Expecting only the guild leaders to reply. The first reply was from a leade,r the next replies were from members. Almost all of the members replies as being able to see it.

For reference, the first reply has leader, moderator, inviter, notifier, trusted member, and battleground lead privileges

Once you start a message it shows everyone in the Guild can see it.

msg.jpg

Emberguard

I am sorry, I do not follow your question. There are members replying to an admin thread that do not have founder, leader, or moderator privileges.

Per the Guild-> Members section, where you can see the symbol you reference:
First reply has leader, moderator, inviter, notifier, trusted member, and battleground lead privileges
Ok in that case can you please submit a ticket so we can look into it?
Once you start a message it shows everyone in the Guild can see it.

View attachment 18422
No. I made a admin thread on my world. Only Founder, Leaders + Moderators were in the thread when looking at the member participants list.

Fishercat.

It doesn't work. We tested it this morning. An Admin# tagged message was sent, and recipients checked. It initially showed only guild leaders as recipients. Then a guildmate responded. When recipients were checked again, the entire guild was listed. Non-leaders can't see the Admin# tag with the other tags, though.

Veyron du Plessis

Deleting older guild messages is a huge problem: we created info threads about swaps, arcs, trades, GB, battle strategy for new members and they are all gone. It was a huge amount of work. There should be a feature for permanent messages.

Red March

1) The auto-delete has foreseeable issues, the biggest being Guild Rules et al are static, and if they are auto-deleted because there is zero activity/updating of the file, then that's a big shot in the foot. The hours devoted to the creation of rules, tips, and the like being lost will certainly be cause for much-heated conversation.
2) Grateful for the increase in # of IMPORTANT threads. Key when you are outlining gameplay, tips/tricks, rules, event details, etc., for current & future guildmates.
Thank you.

Tony 85 the Generous

It doesn't work. We tested it this morning. An Admin# tagged message was sent, and recipients checked. It initially showed only guild leaders as recipients. Then a guildmate responded. When recipients were checked again, the entire guild was listed. Non-leaders can't see the Admin# tag with the other tags, though.
I am pretty sure I saw the same thing. But I deleted the thread instead of getting a screen capture of that (hindsight is 20/20). I am tracking on my second test thread.

@Fishercat, is your test thread still active? Maybe support and check your thread settings and setup.

Emberguard

Deleting older guild messages is a huge problem: we created info threads about swaps, arcs, trades, GB, battle strategy for new members and they are all gone. It was a huge amount of work. There should be a feature for permanent messages.
There is. If you mark it as Important the first 500 messages in that thread are permanent messages. Do any of the threads you mentioned need more then 500 messages for reading purposes?

Johnny B. Goode

There is. If you mark it as Important the first 500 messages in that thread are permanent messages. Do any of the threads you mentioned need more then 500 messages for reading purposes?
Are you sure that's how it works? Because the announcement is ambiguous at best on that point. It never states that the 500 limit is per conversation/thread. And it states that "Any messages that are older will be deleted after 60 days.", which is also ambiguous. Should it actually state that "any messages over the 500 limit will be deleted after 60 days"?

Bottom line is that whoever writes these announcements needs lessons on clearly communicating information. And any announcement should probably be checked by someone from the US who is familiar with US terminology so that common US terminology/phrasing will be used and not British/European terminology/phrasing that is plainly mucking up the works on occasion. (And that is not a slam on British/European terminology/phrasing, but this is the US servers/Forum and information should be in terminology/phrasing that is relevant to the server/Forum it is on.)