• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

this is what I see. You enter a fight but while your are hand fighting or before you push the auto fight button. The admin puts the stop sign on the sector. You will complete the fight and get flagged as an intruder. It’s a race condition. I don’t really see it as a bug but just the way the software is timed across a network where there will be a lag between you and the player putting on the stop.

No the issue is that the stop sign never showed up. When I’m in a normal battle, when someone posts a flag I see it. In this case, since I was flagged as an intruder, and someone then put up a flag, the flag did NOT show for me once it was placed. I kept hitting the sector, thinking it was clear to hit. I am guessing that being flagged as intruder stopped the flag from appearing for me.

Ebeondi Asi

An example on the new map:
A ring 4 sector on the new waterfall map that can ONLY aggregate 2 touching building slots (which would get SCs), out of 4 touching sectors. No one wants to work on it because they'll use up their attrition for the day, and lose out when other more "prized" free fighting sectors open up later.
One side effect of this is large Guilds have a distinct advantage over smaller Guilds. the fact the large Guild has enough players to mitigate the problem. Where small Guilds do not have enough players to spread the attrition across many players.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Let's face it: Certainly feels like the big GbG gold rush is over.
It will be back next round.

Beyond that, I'm not seeing much negatives in your post. I especially love the part where your members are sitting around sucking their thumbs waiting for a 'better' sector.

Pericles the Lion

A ring 4 sector on the new waterfall map that can ONLY aggregate 2 touching building slots (which would get SCs), out of 4 touching sectors. No one wants to work on it because they'll use up their attrition for the day, and lose out when other more "prized" free fighting sectors open up later.
The new map will take some getting used to for sure. But, it occurs to me that there is more opportunity with the Waterfall map, not less. In my limited experience, guilds on the Volcano map swapped Rings 1-3 leaving Ring 4 unprioritized. Total of 28 sectors to swap. 14 flips every 4 hours. The Waterfall map has an extra ring. My guild is swapping most of the sectors in Rings 1-4 (this season there are 2 tiles in Ring 4 that can only get 3 SC support so they are pretty much ignored). Still, we're swapping 34-35 sectors, 17 flips every 4 hours. We're only one week into the first season on Waterfalls but I am not seeing any difference in either FP or diamond rewards versus the Volcano map. Between the introduction of the new map, the addition of coins/supplys as rewards, and the "Heal All" button, I'm inclined to think that INNO is tapping the brakes on GBG but the top guilds will still find a way to adapt and overcome.

Sledgie

The "Intruded" note appears if someone is in the middle of a two-wave battle when the stop is set. We will test further and see if it happens if someone is in a single-wave battle when the sign is set.

Sledgie

The new map will take some getting used to for sure. But, it occurs to me that there is more opportunity with the Waterfall map, not less. In my limited experience, guilds on the Volcano map swapped Rings 1-3 leaving Ring 4 unprioritized. Total of 28 sectors to swap. 14 flips every 4 hours. The Waterfall map has an extra ring. My guild is swapping most of the sectors in Rings 1-4 (this season there are 2 tiles in Ring 4 that can only get 3 SC support so they are pretty much ignored). Still, we're swapping 34-35 sectors, 17 flips every 4 hours. We're only one week into the first season on Waterfalls but I am not seeing any difference in either FP or diamond rewards versus the Volcano map. Between the introduction of the new map, the addition of coins/supplys as rewards, and the "Heal All" button, I'm inclined to think that INNO is tapping the brakes on GBG but the top guilds will still find a way to adapt and overcome.
We're only swapping sectors 1-3 and using 4 for attrition burns because there are 7 sectors with 0 building slots on ring 4, and many sectors on ring 4 have less than 3 SC support on our map. We are swapping ring 4 with the slower guilds on our map as a result.

MJ Artisan of War

You would think the goal would be to keep top guilds/players fully engaged.
Nerfing the rewards will do the exact opposite. It seems Inno really wants to kill this game
This entire year (with the exception of the Castle System) does exactly that.
But even on the castle they add the useless exclamation point, which should only appear when a player needs to collect the rewards... Duh!

Pericles the Lion

We're only swapping sectors 1-3 and using 4 for attrition burns because there are 7 sectors with 0 building slots on ring 4, and many sectors on ring 4 have less than 3 SC support on our map. We are swapping ring 4 with the slower guilds on our map as a result.
Visions of things to come. I just checked our map. In ring 4 there are 3 sectors with 3 building slots, 5 with 4 slots, 4 with 5 slots, 2 with 6 slots, 3 with 7 slots and 1 with eight slots. No sectors have fewer than 3 building slots. Your map is much different. I suppose that we will see different support configurations with each new Waterfalls map season.

Tony 85 the Generous

One side effect of this is large Guilds have a distinct advantage over smaller Guilds. the fact the large Guild has enough players to mitigate the problem. Where small Guilds do not have enough players to spread the attrition across many players.
Small guilds and/or large guilds with many newer players. Either way not enough "power" to run up the attrition.

There are two ways to farm. Lots of softlocks and swapping many different sectors, or selecting strategic sectors to hold and sectors to swap. The few times I have convinced guilds to do the latter, there were many more hits and many more swaps per day. The new map may lend itself to the hold and swap strategy over the softlock method

Shiloh Forge

I do like the new map. It's design and ease to communicate are great.

But, with the changes to rewards, I'm don't think it is worth doing GBG now. I purchase diamonds and spend them two ways. First, in events to help capture the main building. Second, while negotiating in GBG.

Having done GBG in three worlds this week, I think it is time to stop playing GBG, based on the rewards I have received. Coins (of which I have millions upon millions, like everyone else), three forge point awards, down from 7 in the past GBG, and only 5 fragments of the new elephant building too date. After looking at the elephant building, it will be level seven before it is equal to the level 1 statue of honor. That means I will need 1400 fragments (assuming an average pay out of 50 fragments per cycle) to reach the level that 200 fragments for the old building would achieve. 28 weeks to achieve a decent level on the new building. That's assuming we get the waterfall map each week. With a random rotation of maps, who knows how long it will take to finish the building.

So, why should I continue to put goods and diamonds out to achieve crappy rewards? I'd be better off spending less money on diamonds, no GBG, concentrating what I do spend on events.

Sharmon the Impaler

I do like the new map. It's design and ease to communicate are great.

But, with the changes to rewards, I'm don't think it is worth doing GBG now. I purchase diamonds and spend them two ways. First, in events to help capture the main building. Second, while negotiating in GBG.

Having done GBG in three worlds this week, I think it is time to stop playing GBG, based on the rewards I have received. Coins (of which I have millions upon millions, like everyone else), three forge point awards, down from 7 in the past GBG, and only 5 fragments of the new elephant building too date. After looking at the elephant building, it will be level seven before it is equal to the level 1 statue of honor. That means I will need 1400 fragments (assuming an average pay out of 50 fragments per cycle) to reach the level that 200 fragments for the old building would achieve. 28 weeks to achieve a decent level on the new building. That's assuming we get the waterfall map each week. With a random rotation of maps, who knows how long it will take to finish the building.

So, why should I continue to put goods and diamonds out to achieve crappy rewards? I'd be better off spending less money on diamonds, no GBG, concentrating what I do spend on events.

I have less than 4000 fights in and am working on selection kit #3 (Some have 5 kits already) , you need to fight more , the fragment rewards are the exact same.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I like the supply reward. I get 510,000 a pop from GbG. (in Oceanic) which is OK by me. Coins n so much. But the rest re OK. I play GbG both to have fun (remember fun?) and get a few bts of stuff for the game.
The main thing I focus on is I am playing Foe to have a good time. not grudgingly chase for Fps.

Sledgie

Visions of things to come. I just checked our map. In ring 4 there are 3 sectors with 3 building slots, 5 with 4 slots, 4 with 5 slots, 2 with 6 slots, 3 with 7 slots and 1 with eight slots. No sectors have fewer than 3 building slots. Your map is much different. I suppose that we will see different support configurations with each new Waterfalls map season.
You're talking about support. I'm talking about the number of building slots on given ring 4 sectors which are randomly assigned from 0-2 on ring 4.

Ebeondi Asi

One result of fewer support slots is my Guild Treasuries are way less depleted since Inno started cutting back on the number of slots possible. When every sector except the outer ring had usually three slots we would fill them all while we owned them. The Whole season spend over a million Goods a season. Now is is half that, or less The main result is the Treasuries are gaining back to millions.. instead of 'dangerously low' 100,000 or less. A good part of the previous effort went to filling endless gaps in the Treasury to keep Goods available for SC use. Now, no problem...

RoyalAdnan

it would be really helpful to see who spend Diamonds on building special building (seiges) on GBG sectors.
without them most of us wouldn't have cut through it. .
the present system only shows who put the building (GBG trusted members)
but the credit must also be given to those who spend Diamonds to see finish it. .

RazorbackPirate

it would be really helpful to see who spend Diamonds on building special building (seiges) on GBG sectors.
without them most of us wouldn't have cut through it. .
the present system only shows who put the building (GBG trusted members)
but the credit must also be given to those who spend Diamonds to see finish it. .
I'm a huge no one this idea for two reasons.

One, it's no one's business when and how I choose to spend my diamonds. Two, it's no one's business when and how I choose not to spend my diamonds.

Point being, they're my diamonds, not the guild's. All this would do is allow guilds to create and enforce rules around diamond expenditures in GBG. Unless the guild starts paying for them, they should have no say in how I spend my diamonds, nor should they have the ability to see how I spend, or don't spend my diamonds.

Nice try.