• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
We would love to hear your feedback about The Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021!
You can find the announcement here.

BadDR

There's a comment in the video about a guild's participation only counting if "all members" have 40 advances. Is this a change from the existing participation rules? In other words, does "the guild" need 40 advances, or does "each member" need 40?

briguy the bandit

There's a comment in the video about a guild's participation only counting if "all members" have 40 advances. Is this a change from the existing participation rules? In other words, does "the guild" need 40 advances, or does "each member" need 40?
I'd like to get this clarified as well. The Announcement makes it seem like 40 is the minimum Action Points for the Guild overall, but the video specifically says that all players need to reach this minimum
"For the participation in a league to be counted, all players of the guild must achieve the minimum number of Action Points. This is 40, with each battle won earning one point and each successful negotiation earning two points."

WinnerGR

I am very excited for this update and can't wait to now have multiple(well two) maps and tactics. I personally always really enjoy updates that add new maps/versions to existing features like this and I really hope this kind of becomes like Cultural Settlements, I can roughly see quite a few ways that Inno could pull further twists on GbG to create new maps. Asides from that I can't really give much feedback just yet though I hope the new map is launched this coming season - I'd love some clarification on that!

Xenosaur

Can anyone make this ABUNDANTLY clear? It's not:

As a further update to Battlegrounds Logs, we have also implemented an 'Intruded' log, which will show players that have taken an action against an 'Ignored' province. Therefore, letting your Guild know who is disobeying instructions!

Important Info - In terms of the 'Intruded' log, it will only display to own Guild members, and only on an individual Guild member's first attack of the day on an 'Intruded' province. Further attacks during the course of the day on the same province will not trigger logs. However, another attack on the next day (on the same province), will trigger another 'Intruded', log.

Questions:
1) Is the lack of additional reporting in the log based on the same sector being "flipped", or the person flipping it, or both.
2) Is it considered an intrusion ONLY if the hand is turned on for that sector, representing it as an "ignored" province.
3) If it's 9am and A5A is marked with the "hand". I flip that - so lets call that my first daily "intrusion". If it's now 1pm (4 hours later), and B5B has a hand and I flip that, will it be recorded as an intrusion by me? The province is different, but the user doing the flipping is the same. I'm trying to understand the effect of both the variables in relationship to flipping (provinces and users).

I didn't try this on beta - so can someone explain this clearly?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

From reading about it the sector is what is logged (and with many players possible) . So each sector is independent. The one problem I see is only the first time for a Guild playing it (I believe for each player) in a day for that sector with hand up is logged.
So say Sector A3B is being added to and then locked with "the Hand" early in day. and Player Joe is asked to take it to 158. Then Joe will be logged on and working it after the Hand is on. Say Sam decides sneak into adding on BOOM He too will get logged in as working it with Hand.
Later in the day say late afternoon the Guild is again working on sector A3B and this time when the Hand is added Mark is asked to take it to 158.Mark will be added to the list along with Joe and Sam.
The problem now is the log will not tell you Sam was sneaking hitting it again.. because he is already on the log.
But it is better than nothing. and particularly with early flipping. catching the perps matters.
So player may be able to work the fact it is logged in whole day to reset. But it also would be noticeable that one player is trying to get logged in to every sector.early on. At least in large Guilds. LOL

Sharmon the Impaler

The only caveat is the rewards building alternate each season so the elephant may take a while. I have almost 100 SoH levels in storage so I want the elephants now. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

Looking at the Big Dog guilds on C-world shows that only two of them scored all 4 previous GBG seasons for the purpose of counting victories. If a guild has just one person who does not do the 40, then the guild does not get a point in the columns that show counted accumulated participation. Go to any guild's profile including the one you are in to see how this works.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Looking at the Big Dog guilds on C-world shows that only two of them scored all 4 previous GBG seasons for the purpose of counting victories. If a guild has just one person who does not do the 40, then the guild does not get a point in the columns that show counted accumulated participation. Go to any guild's profile including the one you are in to see how this works.
I don't think this is true since my guild on MK has all 4 points, yet 2 players didn't do a single fight or negotiation last season.

BTW, we won all 4 seasons. My guild on Carthage only shows 2, which corresponds to the number of wins we've gotten. So I'm pretty sure that stat only shows actual season wins, not participation.

Just An Observer

Obviously more guilds had wins than are showing up in the GBG stats, which go back over the last 4 seasons. I'll stick with my interpretation for the time being.

Tytan the Great

Will the quality of life improvements, i.e. intruder log, toggle sector names on/off, be added to the old(Volcano) map? If not now, any plans in the future?

Coach Zuck

1) Is the lack of additional reporting in the log based on the same sector being "flipped", or the person flipping it, or both.
2) Is it considered an intrusion ONLY if the hand is turned on for that sector, representing it as an "ignored" province.
3) If it's 9am and A5A is marked with the "hand". I flip that - so lets call that my first daily "intrusion". If it's now 1pm (4 hours later), and B5B has a hand and I flip that, will it be recorded as an intrusion by me? The province is different, but the user doing the flipping is the same. I'm trying to understand the effect of both the variables in relationship to flipping (provinces and users).

The intrusion events are new and apply whether or not the sector is flipped, as long as there is a hand. If you put the stop sign up with 0 encounters, and someone hits it once, then they will produce an intrusion alert. It has nothing to do with sectors being flipped.

separately, every time a sector is flipped you can now see who flipped it (not just once per day, and not only if the stop sign is up)