• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Tony 85 the Generous

One result of fewer support slots is my Guild Treasuries are way less depleted since Inno started cutting back on the number of slots possible. When every sector except the outer ring had usually three slots we would fill them all while we owned them. The Whole season spend over a million Goods a season. Now is is half that, or less The main result is the Treasuries are gaining back to millions.. instead of 'dangerously low' 100,000 or less. A good part of the previous effort went to filling endless gaps in the Treasury to keep Goods available for SC use. Now, no problem...
I can see your math but not sure I agree with the basis. I see the same number of total building slots in sectors taken, swapped, held, etc. The key word there being total. The new map has more sectors with less buildings per sector, but each guild holding more sectors, theredfore when added together the same number of buildings. I am also seeing an uptick in the treasury balance but also a down turn in swap time. AT this time, I think the uptick in the treasury is due to the higher attrition per day due to few SC supporting sectors which means less hits per player which means less sectors flipped which results in less buildings needing to be built.

Ebeondi Asi

I was referring to before the original GbG was nerfed on building slots. The recent numbers yes are the same as the new waterfall numbers. but months ago the Volcano GbG settings had more slots. and a Guild swapping with just one other could run GbG with four to five slots for every sector except the outer ring. Spending between 1.7 to 2.3 million Goods a season back them. Half that now.

Sharmon the Impaler

I must have missed this announcement. Have a link?

They are talking about a year ago when the slots were significantly lowered in the volcano map. It was a free for all before then to be honest. I used to have enough units to just roll them into the next round as they healed up. It was a bit of an FP pig out and sorta of ok that they nerfed it. No one was getting any real life stuff done.

Bozon

Now that the first season with the new Waterfall map is over there's some things it seems Inno should address.
These issues have been verified by me and all our most active fighters.
Our guild has about 190k battles this season so i think we have a pretty good ammout of data to have a good sample.
All these issues are difficulty related so i'll keep them all in this thread and also i have contacted support about a week ago and was told nothing has changed related to this so, if that is the case, it should be verified as game bug.

On to the issues :
1) Everybody is loosing a lot more units in the fights when compared to all previous seasons
2) The lost of units starts a lot earlier than before and with a much lower attrition
3) People who used to do like 50 battles without changing units have now to to it about 20
Myself, i used to do about 20 when i was under 10 attrition, now i need to change about every 10 fights
4) Attrition can't go as high as before even if we push real hard.
For me i been going 100 attrition for a few months already, this season i need to stop about 80, our highest battles player moved from 120 to about 100

And that's it, i created this thread so more people can give feedback and then maybe Inno will look into it, otherwise we'll keep loosing more and more units than usual, and not able to go as high as usual, and expected cause, even with my 1450/1050 att/defi'm loosing a lot even when AI has only around 700% bonuss.

Hope this helps

RazorbackPirate

Just as Inno tweaked negotiations to offer more 6 good negotiations than the Volcano map, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Inno may have also tweaked the terrain generator to offer more difficult terrain. If all your folks do is Autobattle, you would not know, but that could account for what you're seeing without anything being a bug, as you imply.

Personally, I don't see the downside to your report. The rewards from GBG got a bit more costly and it will moderately slow your progression compared to the Volcano Map. So?

Lord Pest

8000 fights got me 974 fragments of the great elephant. That’s approximately 1 fragment every 8.2 fights.
I really like the new supply reward. We swapped half the map d, e, and f sectors with 2 other guilds and had one of our best seasons ever if you count the total number of fights our players got. 8k fights for myself is one of my best fight totals since GBG started.

Last edited:

GeniePower

Just as Inno tweaked negotiations to offer more 6 good negotiations than the Volcano map, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Inno may have also tweaked the terrain generator to offer more difficult terrain.
It's not terrain, the matchups are more difficult. Like on the volcano map you had a lot of 8 heavy or 8 ranged, you don't see those anymore. it's now 6 heavy and 2 others etc.

Yes, everyone is taking damage sooner and slowing down. I agree with razorback that this is not necessarily a bad thing

Agent327

Now that the first season with the new Waterfall map is over there's some things it seems Inno should address.
These issues have been verified by me and all our most active fighters.
Our guild has about 190k battles this season so i think we have a pretty good ammout of data to have a good sample.
All these issues are difficulty related so i'll keep them all in this thread and also i have contacted support about a week ago and was told nothing has changed related to this so, if that is the case, it should be verified as game bug.

On to the issues :
1) Everybody is loosing a lot more units in the fights when compared to all previous seasons
2) The lost of units starts a lot earlier than before and with a much lower attrition
3) People who used to do like 50 battles without changing units have now to to it about 20
Myself, i used to do about 20 when i was under 10 attrition, now i need to change about every 10 fights
4) Attrition can't go as high as before even if we push real hard.
For me i been going 100 attrition for a few months already, this season i need to stop about 80, our highest battles player moved from 120 to about 100

And that's it, i created this thread so more people can give feedback and then maybe Inno will look into it, otherwise we'll keep loosing more and more units than usual, and not able to go as high as usual, and expected cause, even with my 1450/1050 att/defi'm loosing a lot even when AI has only around 700% bonuss.

Hope this helps

In all those 190k battles, you and your Guild did not notice you are facing new unit combinations that make the fights a bit harder?

Sharmon the Impaler

190k fights in one season ? Impressive , we had 168K and had the first 10 pull 5k+ each. 190k is 2K average fights for everyone in a full guild. A record I have yet to break. I got about 7k fights and do agree that the fragments are kinda sparse now compared to the SoH. 2 seasons ago I got 9.5k and almost got 8 full SoH kits. 4 kits , 73 fragments this time.

Bozon

In all those 190k battles, you and your Guild did not notice you are facing new unit combinations that make the fights a bit harder?
If you do 18k battles in one season you will figure why we don't have time to look at what is up against us ...
If you stop to analyze it you'll probably won't load half the tile !
That's how fast things go around here
So, yes, we/i do only autobattle, otherwise it's impossible to do gbg around here
Still, i asked why are we loosing so many more units cause we believe it's not only terrain, also rogues are acting different but as support told me nothing has changed so i guess it must be a bug, or then admit changes have been made in AI and terrain.
Becaus what i mostly dislike is that we see changes and people tell us nothing changed.
Oh, and we didn't swap with anyone, just hit whatever opens

Agent327

Still, i asked why are we loosing so many more units cause we believe it's not only terrain, also rogues are acting different but as support told me nothing has changed so i guess it must be a bug, or then admit changes have been made in AI and terrain.

It isn't a bug and I told you changes have been made. You are facing other unit combinations. Problem is you guys do what you always do. Autobattle with the unit combination you always use without even looking at what you are doing.

Sharmon the Impaler

At 190k fights per season and 160 fights per sector and 32 sectors per map average between both new and old x 6 max flips per day is 6.1 full map days for your guild alone , no swapping ? Sure whatever.

Pericles the Lion

It isn't a bug and I told you changes have been made. You are facing other unit combinations. Problem is you guys do what you always do. Autobattle with the unit combination you always use without even looking at what you are doing.
The #2 player on O says that Support told him no changes were made. I couldn't find any comments in Changelogs saying that changes were made. Despite this you are saying that changes have been made. Seeing as you must have an inside track please elaborate. Specifically, what changes have been made? "Other unit combinations" is vague.

Sharmon the Impaler

I
The #2 player on O says that Support told him no changes were made. I couldn't find any comments in Changelogs saying that changes were made. Despite this you are saying that changes have been made. Seeing as you must have an inside track please elaborate. Specifically, what changes have been made? "Other unit combinations" is vague.
Inno does not discuss changes where it may be looked at as diminishing the rewards. It just happens , Eg numerous GB nerfs in the past , reduced idol occurrences in GE (it used to be a goldmine of stuff 3 years ago ) , etc

Pericles the Lion

I

Inno does not discuss changes where it may be looked at as diminishing the rewards. It just happens , Eg numerous GB nerfs in the past , reduced idol occurrences in GE (it used to be a goldmine of stuff 3 years ago ) , etc
But they did announce limiting quest aborts and the CM on the Beta Forum announced that the % chances of getting rewards in GBG had been changed. I asked the question only because Agent327 said that changes had been made and I'd like to know more.

Sharmon the Impaler

took me 13000 battles to max the elephant
This is work now

Big difference with the fragments now , SoH is an annoyance and I have 78 kits in storage and another guildie has 111. The Elephant thing takes soooo long now. 7186 battles got me 873/1600 and another in my guild got about 1295 with 10.4K fights so it seems the drop rate is pretty much clear now.