• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Forum Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just An Observer

What was wrong with guild forums? Nothing as far as I can see. Each guild I have been a part of has their own particular setup that they have settled into, so why add more upset to the player community to go with all we already have?

"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!" seems to be the operative principle these days.

CommanderCool1234

What was wrong with guild forums? Nothing as far as I can see. Each guild I have been a part of has their own particular setup that they have settled into, so why add more upset to the player community to go with all we already have?

"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!" seems to be the operative principle these days.
It was probally causing the game to be slower for a feature that almost no guilds use or take full advantage of. Now there is free space for more new features to be added.

Just An Observer

"Probable" is a long ways from "For Sure". My guild has 6 pages of subforums. I use the Favorites ability to sort things out. That works for me.

So what if other guilds do not have a well developed over the course of time forum setup? Why add more hassle to those who do?

DevaCat

Now there is free space for more new unwanted features to be added.

Fixed that for you. And once again you have no clue as to how many guilds used that feature or took advantage of it. A simple sampling of beta feedback would have been enlightening, but of course it is simpler to just opine.

Agent327

App players can't access the guild forum. There are more app players than PC players. Everybody can access the message center.

RaveWolf

I agree that Guild Forums needs to be improved so that Mobile users can see the info, but I think putting it in the Guild Messages is a wise idea.
The Message Center, Although much better than before is still fairly cluttered, but manageable. Don't get me wrong, it is a thousand times better than it was before, but if we are to move All the Guild Forum data into it, then we're right back to where we were before the New Message Center.

Personally, I would rather have one of two options.
1) Add a new "Forums" or "Guild News" Tab or something similar, to the Message Center.
2) or, Give it it's own unique window... Basically just a copy of the Message Center, but then also allow for the creation of Custom Tabs. Obviously limitations can be set aside for how many can be created, etc. This unique window can have limitations like only allowing that Admins can Create, Edit and Delete. Maybe you can also limit it that there are no comments or feedback allowed. So all Forum threads will remain locked for the General Guild.

Status
Not open for further replies.