• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mobile Video Ads

Ears10

I have 3 issues with the video ads:
1) your claim of "not imped[ing] player experience" is pointless when the tavern ad button covers over half of the tavern itself. This pretty much guarantees you are going to hit it when you try to open your tavern.
2) the random incident ads are now taking up spots that normal incidents would take up. And so now I start each day with multiple ad incidents that if I DON'T clear, will potentially stop me from getting other incidents?
3) the ads themselves are way too long. And even AFTER I watch the ad, i still have to click through 3 more screens to get back to the game itself. These need to be either shortened ads, or streamline the ability to resume the game - ideally both. If we are stuck with watching money-grab ads, at least make it tolerable.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

While I don't like the idea of ads (and from the announcement it seems they won't affect me at all), it is nice that viewing them is optional.

DreadfulCadillac

I like this change. I primarily play on browser, so I'm glad I won't have to sit through any ads. This may be a good incentive for mobile players to switch to browser? I don't know. I do wish that there weren't ads on mobile though. The aid-all feature is MASSIVE, and I'm happy they finally added it (even if they said a million times that it won't be added, lol)

Graviton

I'm on browser and I have a couple of questions about the Aid All:

1. The announcement says you can aid neighbors, guildmates, and friends, but you have to watch an ad before aiding each group. On browser there are no ads (yet) so when you click on Aid All it only aids one group. How is the group determined, is it random or a set order?

2. In my case it aided my neighbors and now there's a timer running, but the time remaining is not displayed. If I can watch an ad on mobile three times to aid each group (I'm assuming back-to-back) why is there a timer on PC? How long do I have to wait before aiding the next group?

I do like that a list is produced of what rewards you got from aiding.

EDIT: I now see that the mouse-over text says "aid friends, guildmates, or neighbors" so that answers Question 2. Q1 stands: how is it determined which group gets aided?

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

I'm on browser and I have a couple of questions about the Aid All:

1. The announcement says you can aid neighbors, guildmates, and friends, but you have to watch an ad before aiding each group. On browser there are no ads (yet) so when you click on Aid All it only aids one group. How is the group determined, is it random or a set order?

2. In my case it aided my neighbors and now there's a timer running, but the time remaining is not displayed. If I can watch an ad on mobile three times to aid each group (I'm assuming back-to-back) why is there a timer on PC? How long do I have to wait before aiding the next group?

I do like that a list is produced of what rewards you got from aiding.
I've had the feature for awhile, so I can help explain your 2nd question

The timer is just there as a placeholder. The second that the usual 24 hours is up from when you last aided a person, it is replaced with the "Aid All" button, even if it's only a couple people. So if only 1 person is available, it'd say 1/[number of people in your hood].

Screenshot 2022-06-29 100312.png
For me, each group is displayed separately like this on PC. The one on the right aids your friends list when you press it, the one in the middle aids your guild, and the one on the left aids your neighborhood.

DreadfulCadillac

Oh also I have another tidbit of feedback for Aid-All - it should be changed so that the order in which it aids your list is top to bottom, instead of the currently random order. It would work much better for people seeking to use the Dynamic Tower for it's Goods aiding bonus to get goods from aiding their friends at the top of their list that are of a higher era that way

SpinDrifter

Hello,

Please read everything about it here and provide your feedback below.
I'm OK with most all of this, except the Defending army boost. The implementation essentially asks for you to watch (or pay) every four hours. I'm sure what InnoG was going for is for people to log on more often. But I get attacked over-night. and I need to sleep. The 5% boost is useful, and I normally don't have it, but it seems a shame it goes away while I am asleep- and thus provides a bit of a window to the attackers to exploit.

DonnaNoble

Why do mobile players always get the short end? I don't have a browser...why make a mobile version if mobile players are second class?

Johnny B. Goode

Just to clarify for mobile users, the announcement says that:
"The other important point to note is that not all players will experience Ads. Indeed, players that have purchased regular in-game items since establishing their account, will not encounter Ads."
I just went to one of my cities on mobile and was able to use the Aid All button without viewing an ad, because I have purchased a few things (understatement alert) since I started playing. My advice would be to buy the cheapest item/package that Inno offers and your ads should go away.

DreadfulCadillac

Just to clarify for mobile users, the announcement says that:
"The other important point to note is that not all players will experience Ads. Indeed, players that have purchased regular in-game items since establishing their account, will not encounter Ads."
I just went to one of my cities on mobile and was able to use the Aid All button without viewing an ad, because I have purchased a few things (understatement alert) since I started playing. My advice would be to buy the cheapest item/package that Inno offers and your ads should go away.
I bought a $20 package this morning cause inno offered me +200% diamonds on my purchase, and yet I still have ads on my mobile (I just checked my mobile)

Jinks5k

Pay to win, now monetizing game on mobile, how long until ads begin appearing in browser based games, will a small diamond purchase on mobile get rid of ads?