• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mobile Video Ads

UBERhelp1

I bought a $20 package this morning cause inno offered me +200% diamonds on my purchase, and yet I still have ads on my mobile (I just checked my mobile)
Did you buy it on mobile or browser? It probably has to be bought through the app to count.

As for my feedback, idk. I don't really play mobile, so it doesn't affect me except for extra bonuses and rewards.

Johnny B. Goode

I have made purchases both through mobile and browser, though not recently, but have ads
For anyone in this situation, file a ticket with support. The announcement clearly says that if you've made any in-game purchase on your account you should not see ads. I have never bought anything on mobile, only on browser. And I have no ads on mobile.

Gail14Cats

I'm on Browser and the new features appeared this morning. Love the Aid All, easy to figure out. The Tavern Boost (Guitar button) is nice, but how can I access my Friends Tavern without starting the 4 hour boosts? I assume I can still activate the regular boosts to resolve quests even when they are running? Thanks.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
To be honest with you guys, I'm not aware of the exact numbers ($$), but I'm asking them and I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Please, bear with me.

... and of course thank you for your patience and understanding. :)

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
@LeCron I don't know wtf is up, but ads are now turned back on. (Yes, filing a support ticket)

I'm afraid it might not be a bug, but we'll look into it, of course. Thank you for letting us know.

By the way, I asked, and here's what I got: Unfortunately, that is determined by our systems and not something we can disclose at this time.

I hope you guys can understand.

Ps: I'll ask them again later.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm afraid it might not be a bug, but we'll look into it, of course. Thank you for letting us know.

By the way, I asked, and here's what I got: Unfortunately, that is determined by our systems and not something we can disclose at this time.

How would that not be a bug, since I have certainly purchased diamonds over the years on this account? Not asking about how your system determines, but about how what you are insinuating would contradict your own announcement.

CDmark

I wasn't sure if the reward from purple incident counted towards filling a quest for that reward but I just tested it. My supplies for the gather X supplies in the recurring quest was filled. The "special quest" in the story section fulfilled recurring quests too. I will assume those rewards will fill event quests too (just not the one for # of incidents). So, when the next event begins and I get the recruit X units I can see if I have a lucky incident with units, like idols from a ToR. Yes I have a traz but getting it a different way is fun.

Ragnar The Viking

I don’t see any ads. I was told because I purchase from the game. I currently have a almost month long purchase. They didn’t say specifically how much purchasing or the particular purchasing / what items your purchase affects the video ads. They just said that we can go directly to the incident and collect it. No vid ads will show up… I never see one, and I put in a ticket asking them, if I let my purchase expire, and do not repurchase will affect the vid ads. So will see what happens with support.

Kranyar the Mysterious

@LeCron This is getting weirder. I switched worlds a little while ago and the ad symbols were gone. I then collected several of the items without needing to watch an ad (as should be), then suddenly everything switched back to showing ad symbols and needing to watch ads.

DevaCat

@LeCron This is getting weirder. I switched worlds a little while ago and the ad symbols were gone. I then collected several of the items without needing to watch an ad (as should be), then suddenly everything switched back to showing ad symbols and needing to watch ads.
This happened to me today as well. Apparently getting ads to work properly is not an easy task. I was part of the test rollout of the ads “Theater” and those never did work right. At least these aren’t crashing the game, although some could use a few less clicks/taps to dismiss.

DreadfulCadillac

This happened to me today as well. Apparently getting ads to work properly is not an easy task. I was part of the test rollout of the ads “Theater” and those never did work right. At least these aren’t crashing the game, although some could use a few less clicks/taps to dismiss.
I was also part of the theater rollout, lol.. That was a long time ago

Did you log out and back in?
I've tried, and while I don't have anything I could spend an ad on right now, the buttons to "Watch out" are greyed out and there still. Once I have someone to aid or my tavern boost goes down by enough i'll try, but I'm pretty sure it'll just have me watch an ad.

Edit: Just did one of the special incidents on mobile and sure enough, it made me watch an ad

I'm going to be totally honest with you, any purchase you've ever made over $5 should make the game ad-free... sort of like paying to not have ads as an added benifit of any purchase. I know you don't have the power to make that sort of change, but maybe you could forward that feedback?

Last edited:

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
How would that not be a bug, since I have certainly purchased diamonds over the years on this account? Not asking about how your system determines, but about how what you are insinuating would contradict your own announcement.

I know, and I'm sorry we can't be 100% transparent about the $$ related to not having ads, but all things considered and what you said about the fact you've been spending real money, yes, it looks like you shouldn't be getting any ads.

Make sure my team escalates your ticket to L3 (CMs) in case they haven't. We'll be looking into it shortly.

... I know you don't have the power to make that sort of change, but maybe you could forward that feedback?

Thank you for your understanding, and rest assured we're being your voice there. We have been providing the feedback from the communities as we get them.

And everyone, please, if you find an issue/bug/malfunction with the ads, please, send us a ticket! (the same goes with all features of the game, of course lol).

Cheers.

Jazz River

I clicked on the add in the App on my phone and it brought up a game, I downloaded the game. When I tried to go back to FOE, it just kept bringing me back to the downloaded game. I had to reboot to fix the problem.

Maia the Terrible

A couple of observations that are a bit annoying with the Aid-all feature.

When I click the aid all button for a group and it goes through the counter, it stops 1 short of the max, say 79/80 and just sits there. I have to close the box and open it again to get the collect box.

Also, whenever a blueprint is found, it doesn't indicate what building it was for.

I hope this helps if this is a bug or something overlooked.

Maia